Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Mikado V-BAR

Mikado V-BAR Mikado V-Stabi/V-BAR Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2014, 06:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Full Size Blue Line verses Silver Line and Blue & Silver Sensors

I want to put V-Bar on my Goblin 630 and 700. I am coming from iKON and would like some input on the differences between the Blue and Silver line V-Bar including the sensors.

Which one should I go with?
Is one of these better for electric versus nitro???

I'm also thinking of going with the Control radio....I currently fly with a DX9.

I do not have a nitro only the two Goblins mentioned above.

Synergy N5c: OS 55HZ-R, Hatori, Futaba, CGY750
Futaba T18SZ
HeliDinoRC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2014, 07:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think in the full size all you can get is the silver one. You can get a blue mini but on those Helis I would use a full size
Old 11-15-2014, 08:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the quick reply. I agree, I'll go with the full size on the Gobbys but I am putting a V-Bar Mini on my TT Mini Titan.

I just go off of shop.mikadousa.com and it looks like the silver line has a much better sensor than the blue line. It's confusing because you can only purchase the blue line separately and the silver you can purchase the main board and sensor together. I was told that the full size blue line was for electric and the full size silver is for nitro????? Also the V-Bar Control radio is not sold with the full size blue line, only the mini and silver line.

Is the silver line good for electric?
Are they phasing out the full size blue line???

Futaba T18SZ
Old 11-15-2014, 08:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
HF Support

Go with the silver sensor, it's the latest and best. Mikado have continuously tweaked their sensor brand and design and I think the silver is best although blue is fine too. There's no real distinction between nitro and electric save for sensor mounting technique.
Old 11-16-2014, 01:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I use the mini on my trex700E. it works fine.

only hassle is that you need to make a tap cable to use an RPM sensor.
Lynx
el guapo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2014, 01:02 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I asked this question before too and I'm still not sure I'm convinced. I have a full size blue and a full size silver. The sensor in the silver is different from the sensor in the blue. Both sensors are available now and have been for a few years. The main unit is the same except for the color of the case however the blue main unit costs 33 dollars more or so which I don't understand.

In my Goblin 770 I had the blue mounted (express software) and it flew unbelievable good. Then on my 570 I had the silver mounted (also express software) and it clearly did not fly as good. It tends to wander left on take off and during flight more drifty. To me this didn't make sense because the sensor is supposed to be better and my mechanical setup is mint on both. So then I tried the blue sensor on the 570 with the grey main unit and I found the tendency to go left was less, but the overall feeling was very similar. Then I noticed it wasn't quite as windy and maybe I was wrong it was just in my head.

The bottom line I think is they're both good but I need to do more testing to accurately say which sensor I like more. There is a very skilled pilot at our field who I recall said preferred the blue, but at the time I wasn't paying attention to the details as I was flying a skookum.
jsbach#1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2014, 07:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

That makes me wonder if the blue is more sensitive to flight variables, therefore, it is better on the electrics (less vibrations giving a more "locked in feel"????

But then again, on a nitro, the silver overcomes the engine vibrations allowing precise flight corrections. However, you would still need it to react to flight variables and make corrections or the heli will feel mushy/loose?????

I'm leaning toward the silver as of now.

Futaba T18SZ
Old 11-16-2014, 07:26 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Its hard to say, you have to take my opinion very lightly I'm not a great pilot but I know I never felt a heli as perfect as my 770 with the blue full size. And my 570 with the silver full size was not as good feeling. But there are so many factors, first of all two different helis, second of all not on the same day the wind was different. And on that day when I removed the silver and installed the blue back to back on my 570 I didn't adjust any gains, and the difference was subtle. Not a huge difference at all. In flight the silver seemed more exact in flight but in a hover the blue seemed better. Goblins weren't made to hover I reminded myself !!

I trust Mikado wouldn't release the silver sensor as the latest and charge more if its not as good but both are still available that means the blue can't be bad either.
jsbach#1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2014, 01:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had a similar situation with the iKON. I was able to dial my 630 in and it feels locker in. However, on the 700 I can't seem to get it "locked in like my 630. It flys okay, just a little mushy in FFF.

I'm sure it's my inexperience in tunING but I want to give VBAR a shot.....and eventually check out the VBAR Control radio.

Futaba T18SZ
Old 11-17-2014, 12:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I dont have the silver vbar but I have blue vbar on all of my helis, 2 nirtos ( 700 and N5C) and needless to say, both of them perform well regardless.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in