Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Scale Helicopters > Power Systems

Power Systems Power Systems Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2014, 01:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Red face Litlle help about motor and esc choice

Hello,

As I see, many of you use hyperion or scorpion 3026 1210kv motor,so I'd like to ask you what is the setting for this motor ( timing,pwm, poles...).?

and
What would be your choice of ESC for it. I already have yge 100A lv and robbe roxxy 975-12 75A hv. Is Robbe sufficient for trex 500 with agusta fuselage ( 710g) and four blade head (6s battery) ?
laza is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2014, 09:40 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by laza View Post
Is Robbe sufficient for trex 500 with agusta fuselage ( 710g) and four blade head (6s battery) ?

Yes I have 2 T-500's one has even been stretched to a 600 spinning 2 600mm CF blades and the other with a 5-blade head spinning TFSM heavy 430mm plastic blades.
Both of these helis pull well under 75 amps , right around 48 - 54 depending on the weather conditions.

As for setting and set-up that is something your going to play around with on your own and find what works best on your helis set-up as every heli is different.
I have 2 helis (T-600's) both with the same motors, esc's , bec's , servos , FBL units , blades even the same canopies but both have a different set-up on them to make them fly the same , this is just how different items are straight out of the box.
Cap231ex is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2014, 03:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you are pulling more than 75A on a 500 sized scale heli, you must be doing 3D with it

I generally use about 12-18A on my 500 sized UH-1N with peaks up to 25A. It probably weighs about 3.8kg / 8.4lbs, 1x 5000mAh 6s lipo, Savox 1300kV motor, Ice 75A ESC, 2x 465mm main blades, 1700rpm.

So a 75A ESC should have a safety factor of 3 or 4 if it is flown scale circuits.

Colin
Baumann EC-145 800+ (coming soon )
Andy01 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2014, 02:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks guys,
Yesterday I tried with roxxy75 A and after 8min flight ( scale circuits) everything stays cool.
laza is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in