What did you do to your 200QX today? - Page 2 - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > Blade Multirotor Support > 200QX

200QX Blade 200QX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2014, 11:45 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsntme View Post
Today I decided to relocate the camera from ontop (200qx logo) to inside the nose. I also switched the JST for a micro Deans since I prefer them. I did a bit of a hasty job on the camera install but that is only because the frame will not be in service much longer

I have to thank Brian (BrainDrain) for getting me interested in the 200QX with FPV setup! I have basically the same setup (different channel). To me it is truly impressive how small the PICO setup is and how well it works .

This is 195g AUW. For those curious, the Monocote does not degrade the night time performance....the LEDs are super bright and blast right through with no noticeable loss.
Mind sharing what your base station consists of?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2014, 12:03 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubbin1 View Post
Mind sharing what your base station consists of?
Not much of a Station yet......

All I'm using is a VRx from readymade - THIS ONE
I have it hooked up to a TV in the living room at the moment. My first step will probably be some better antennas and then I'll look into some goggles...

Today was my first attempt at FPV, up until now all I've done is fly LOS and let my friends watch whats on the TV.

Here's the video (raw footage, its pretty boring)
First flight from indoors (8 min 4 sec)
wsntme is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2014, 01:54 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

I went down to the park today for some nice open space to practice my agility flying. On the very first pack (brought 5) I had a lightpole jump right out in front of my poor little quad! The mailman cannot get here quick enough today with my new frame, I'm done gluing this one !

I also was able to fix my pico vtx today. I had it mounted to the underside and it was damaged in a hard setdown. The large silver component was skewed on the board which caused both of the pins exiting it to break off flush with the face of the device. I thought for sure it was too small for me to get solder in there without making one big bridge but to my surprise, I've got it working again I only attempted this repair since RMRC does not offer such a service, glad I did

Old 07-10-2014, 02:52 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Not much of a Station yet......

All I'm using is a VRx from readymade - THIS ONE
I have it hooked up to a TV in the living room at the moment. My first step will probably be some better antennas and then I'll look into some goggles...

Today was my first attempt at FPV, up until now all I've done is fly LOS and let my friends watch whats on the TV.

Here's the video (raw footage, its pretty boring)
YouTube

are you running the 1s battery onboard to power the fpv?

if so, what size 1s and have you tested to see how long it lasts?
johnzm is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2014, 03:13 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnzm View Post
are you running the 1s battery onboard to power the fpv?

if so, what size 1s and have you tested to see how long it lasts?
No separate battery, I'm just using a home made adapter tap one cell via the balance plug. I'm also using the RMRC step-up voltage regulator to get the 5v the system wants.

I do have a small hyperion (240mah i believe) that I could charge up and do a timed test with if you'd like. I opted to go the balance plug route since I would save the 7g of the extra battery plus I don't have to worry about charging a secondary battery.
Old 07-10-2014, 03:23 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

ive got tons of 1s batteries and was planning to use those (nano cpx/nano qx!!)

i think they are 150's. does your setup have the possibility of creating an imbalance between the cells?
Old 07-10-2014, 03:30 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
ive got tons of 1s batteries and was planning to use those (nano cpx/nano qx!!)

i think they are 150's. does your setup have the possibility of creating an imbalance between the cells?
My setup definitely created an unbalance in the cell voltages as I'm only running the FPV off of one cell but the 200 is using both.....so one cell is working twice. This is not ideal but I've not had an issue yet, I'm just getting into the world of FPV mind you.

If you've got a pile of NCPX batteries (I do too) then those will work perfectly fine, and they are fairly lightweight (should not be noticeable).

I like the cleanliness and simplicity of the single battery setup but if you change your FPV battery every other flight I would suspect no issues.....but again, I've not yet measured runtime/current draw of the pico FPV setup.
Old 07-10-2014, 07:19 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm using the RMRC micro gear, rated from 1s-3s pnp. I ran the power lead from the vtx to inside the 200qx and soldered directly to where the main jst power leads solder. I simply connect or disconnect the pwr lead at the vtx when choosing fpv or los.
I do have a question for you though, why are you running off half a battery and using a step up? If you used this from RMRC, you could just use the flight battery.

http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...oducts_id=2938

The step up supplied by RMRC i think is really meant for use on crafts that only use 1s main flite batteries. The step down will keep you from messing with your battery balance.

Run times on my standard 250mW fatshark vtx uses about 100mA for every 10 mins.
I use my 130x 2s 300ma batteries to run the fpv on my 350qx, as as stand alone power, and i go two flites, or about 15 or so minutes before swapping out the battery, i could fly one more per battery but i have plenty of them and 2 flites gives me a safety buffer. I have tested 200ma and 300 ma batteries and they go 20 mins and 30 mins when vid starts cutting out.

As for run time with the micro gear on the 200qx tapped off the main power leads... well i have my timer set for 6.30 mins, and i do not get the lvc led blinks weather i have the vtx plugged in or not.
Old 07-10-2014, 10:01 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

For those that don't want to run your gear on on cell I use a regulator instead of a step up,
its a little bigger and a little heavier but my 200 has no problem with my setup. getting 7 minutes still with fpv setup.heres a link to the regulator.

http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...oducts_id=1185
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (40.2 KB, 132 views)
Spin blades field rep
Jesse is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2014, 03:56 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdrummer View Post
I'm using the RMRC micro gear, rated from 1s-3s pnp. I ran the power lead from the vtx to inside the 200qx and soldered directly to where the main jst power leads solder. I simply connect or disconnect the pwr lead at the vtx when choosing fpv or los.
I do have a question for you though, why are you running off half a battery and using a step up? If you used this from RMRC, you could just use the flight battery.

http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...oducts_id=2938

The step up supplied by RMRC i think is really meant for use on crafts that only use 1s main flite batteries. The step down will keep you from messing with your battery balance.

Run times on my standard 250mW fatshark vtx uses about 100mA for every 10 mins.
I use my 130x 2s 300ma batteries to run the fpv on my 350qx, as as stand alone power, and i go two flites, or about 15 or so minutes before swapping out the battery, i could fly one more per battery but i have plenty of them and 2 flites gives me a safety buffer. I have tested 200ma and 300 ma batteries and they go 20 mins and 30 mins when vid starts cutting out.

As for run time with the micro gear on the 200qx tapped off the main power leads... well i have my timer set for 6.30 mins, and i do not get the lvc led blinks weather i have the vtx plugged in or not.

Thanks for the info! The main reason I'm running it this way is because I bought a "combo" deal since it was a better value.... If I get serious into FPV I'll reconsider my power system for sure!
Old 07-11-2014, 10:32 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Folding Frame and Busted Motor

I got it all together and I was ready to test fly it.....then I found out I had a busted motor!

So I did my best to repair it without having to rewind it

I'm off to the park now for some wide-open-area testing
Old 07-11-2014, 11:08 AM   #32 (permalink)
Blade Forum Support

Default Re: What did you do to your 200QX today?

Im getting ready to put a carbon fiber frame together for my 200qx when I get back from the eye doctor.

Be blessed
Isaac

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
tntburnett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2014, 11:21 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is it better to get the folding frame so you can replace the arms
timmyd463229 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2014, 11:42 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

I got it all together and I was ready to test fly it.....then I found out I had a busted motor!

So I did my best to repair it without having to rewind it

I'm off to the park now for some wide-open-area testing

im a little disappointed at the fact that its not much lighter than stock (i was reading your post on another forum). i had incorrectly assumed it would be ~30 grams lighter.
Old 07-11-2014, 01:04 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
im a little disappointed at the fact that its not much lighter than stock (i was reading your post on another forum). i had incorrectly assumed it would be ~30 grams lighter.
Well this is the folding frame....more material and more hardware, so I'm satisfied that it's still lighter than it was and it's collapsable. Perhaps the non folding version in that much lighter? :

My theory on it was that in a crash my arms will tend to fold in Vs snap......we shall see!

I was just out flying this lil guy at the park and so far so good! I'm really glad I added the color, it makes it much easier to see. I think it could use some more though, probably on the bottom and on the top plate.
Old 07-11-2014, 01:42 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Well this is the folding frame....more material and more hardware, so I'm satisfied that it's still lighter than it was and it's collapsable. Perhaps the non folding version in that much lighter? :

My theory on it was that in a crash my arms will tend to fold in Vs snap......we shall see!

I was just out flying this lil guy at the park and so far so good! I'm really glad I added the color, it makes it much easier to see. I think it could use some more though, probably on the bottom and on the top plate.
lemme know if it acts lighter in the air. a few of the reports so far indicate its very fast!
i was guessing the top plate might be the source of a chunk of the extra weight. if i get one im going to be weighing everything out and trying to trim weight where i can (id like to fly a gopro on it)
Old 07-11-2014, 02:08 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Does it really need the top plate?
timmyd463229 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2014, 03:14 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyd463229 View Post
Does it really need the top plate?

Nope! It's the same as you don't need an airbag or a seatbelt.....

Mine is now just shy of 200g (198.4) when weighted with the FPV gear and secondary 1s lipo. It definitely flys fast and sporty! Though I could say this stock I feel..... Operating temps are WAY DOWN with the nice open design

Old 07-11-2014, 05:16 PM   #39 (permalink)
Blade Forum Support

Default Re: What did you do to your 200QX today?

Well I got my frame today and all I have to say is wow.

Way lighter, it flies a whole lot better and it holds angles alot better. Why to on this frame Tony.

Also it looks more like a real quad :cool:. It went together well just had to cut down on the motor mounts a lil that's about it.

Well the way I mounted the boards was using the old frame board mounting. I cut it away from the old frame as stated in the direction. I also cut down on the landing gear to make it a lil shorter for clearest.

Well here are some pictures of it. I hope it help you all out with building it up .

Be blessed
Isaac

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
tntburnett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2014, 05:25 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice! Man isaac, that camera looks sick! What's the model of the cam you're using?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.