Spirit FBL - Page 54 - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Spirit FBL system

Spirit FBL system Spirit FBL System Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2014, 05:35 PM   #1061 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krea04 View Post
Will more be available today?
I'd like to know this too, The one I am using/reviewed belongs to my friend and I'm going to have to give him it back now!

Time to buy one for myself.........
D
maddog7 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2014, 05:40 PM   #1062 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by davehour View Post
I'm fascinated about the Spectrum Analyzer and Log Viewer.

It's great to perform a vibe test which is simple, and that tells if the heli is ok. In my T-rex 700E PRO DFC, the vibes never exceeded 7, which is excellent.

But as I have said before, I LOVE the Log Viewer. It tells a lot about the FBL unit and heli setup.

I'm having a problem with these 2 functions. When I look at the spectrum analyzer I only see a graph with 2 little spikes and on the side is says OK=7. I'm not sure what that means! Lol

On the log viewer I get an empty box in the middle of the screen with my flight time info in the upper corner. Do I need to download something else or am I just not doing something right?
DJG24 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2014, 06:00 PM   #1063 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nevermind, I just went through the instructions again and realized my error.
DJG24 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2014, 07:45 PM   #1064 (permalink)
Registered Users

For those of you familiar with the vibe analysis function, can it be done while the heli is in the air? Or does it need to be tethered with a USB cable like on a RobirdG31?
TheKingPhisher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2014, 08:12 PM   #1065 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPhisher View Post
For those of you familiar with the vibe analysis function, can it be done while the heli is in the air? Or does it need to be tethered with a USB cable like on a RobirdG31?
You can use it with bluetooth but not while in the air. Vibe analysis serves no function while it is flying as there are tons of vibrations induced from the flight. It centers the servos so you can test with blades on on the ground with bluetooth
Old 08-31-2014, 08:32 PM   #1066 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cool thanks but I think the Skookum Blacks can do vibe logging while in flight so it's not as useless as you say? Not trying to start an argument but just wondering...

I'll be ordering the BT accessory when I order the Spirit. The Robird G31's vibe analysis feature is very good so being able to do the same wirelessly would be fantastic not to mention safer.
Old 08-31-2014, 08:53 PM   #1067 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Cool thanks but I think the Skookum Blacks can do vibe logging while in flight so it's not as useless as you say? Not trying to start an argument but just wondering...

I'll be ordering the BT accessory when I order the Spirit. The Robird G31's vibe analysis feature is very good so being able to do the same wirelessly would be fantastic not to mention safer.

Tomas did mention adding that ability as a user request.
Tetz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2014, 09:38 PM   #1068 (permalink)
Registered Users

Can they edit the website to allow me order the satillite adaptor and have it on back order. I would like to have them shipped in one order?
fazy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2014, 11:35 PM   #1069 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Mini vbar would do that as well, I asked Tomas about it and he said it could be added but what would I use it for? And I thought about it and understood it really isn't useful for anything.

What would you use it for?

If there is high vibes it will be logged automatically on the unit already
Old 08-31-2014, 11:47 PM   #1070 (permalink)
Registered Users

For one I would use it to see what kinds of vibs I get in a hover where the heli is isolated from ground resonance.

Also I didn't know it would log high vibes automatically.
Old 09-01-2014, 03:27 AM   #1071 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
For one I would use it to see what kinds of vibs I get in a hover where the heli is isolated from ground resonance.

Also I didn't know it would log high vibes automatically.
That's what I was thinking as well, however, Even in a hover there are many vibrations that are caused simply by hovering the heli. Flapping, lead and lag, hinging, etc. You really cant diagnose vibrations while it's in the air. That's what I realized and then understood why vibe analysis during flight is really useless.

Best way to tell is blades at neutral position where aerodynamic forces are playing the least effect on them.

I understand your thought process though as mine was the same at first until I fully understood.
Old 09-01-2014, 03:36 AM   #1072 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't see why it would be useless. Vibes on the ground doesn't really help diagnose vibs in the air when everything is under load. Vibs while under load is just as important to diagnose...ie a bad bearing may work fine without a load but may exhibit serious issues while under load.

And please stop acting like a know it all...you haven't fully understood...
Old 09-01-2014, 03:43 AM   #1073 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1 for vibration analysis during flight/hover. I really like this feature in my VBar.
Plus I really don't like giving up control while the heli sits on the ground with all blades spinning.
Real_BamBam is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2014, 03:47 AM   #1074 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I don't see why it would be useless. Vibes on the ground doesn't really help diagnose vibs in the air when everything is under load. Vibs while under load is just as important to diagnose...ie a bad bearing may work fine without a load but may exhibit serious issues while under load.

And please stop acting like a know it all...you haven't fully understood...
I don't think it's clicking for ya. You can still test fully under load with blades on when the blades are at 0 degree's pitch, but, when you induce the forces involved in hovering the heli you add vibrations from the aerodynamic forces. You will get vibrations that won't help you diagnose anything. You will get forces that are not showing anything wrong with your heli. A bad bearing will show with blades on at 0 degree's, however, in a hover you will have vibrations that you may be diagnosing as a bad bearing but is actually nothing more than normal vibrations of the hover. I saw this with the mini v-bar when I used vibe analysis during hover. Hopefully this helps you understand.
Old 09-01-2014, 03:48 AM   #1075 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real_BamBam View Post
+1 for vibration analysis during flight/hover. I really like this feature in my VBar.
Plus I really don't like giving up control while the heli sits on the ground with all blades spinning.
That is a good point though, giving up control is freaky and would be nice to know you can control it if something happened. Especially cyclic control, had not thought about that, thank you!
Old 09-01-2014, 04:12 AM   #1076 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmann841 View Post
I don't think it's clicking for ya. You can still test fully under load with blades on when the blades are at 0 degree's pitch, but, when you induce the forces involved in hovering the heli you add vibrations from the aerodynamic forces. You will get vibrations that won't help you diagnose anything. You will get forces that are not showing anything wrong with your heli. A bad bearing will show with blades on at 0 degree's, however, in a hover you will have vibrations that you may be diagnosing as a bad bearing but is actually nothing more than normal vibrations of the hover. I saw this with the mini v-bar when I used vibe analysis during hover. Hopefully this helps you understand.
Sorry gonna have to disagree and try it out for myself.
Old 09-01-2014, 04:15 AM   #1077 (permalink)
Registered Users

Absolutely, it is very interesting to see, I wasn't expecting it when I first did it. Do you have a FBL to do it? Mini vbar and SK720 should both work well
Old 09-01-2014, 05:02 AM   #1078 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazy View Post
Can they edit the website to allow me order the satillite adaptor and have it on back order. I would like to have them shipped in one order?
This may help in the meantime, and yes it has a 3.3v regulator

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...arehouse_.html
ritchieicu is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2014, 05:24 AM   #1079 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmann841 View Post
Absolutely, it is very interesting to see, I wasn't expecting it when I first did it. Do you have a FBL to do it? Mini vbar and SK720 should both work well
At the moment I only have access to a BeastX, Robird G31 and a KDS Ebar V2..none of which could do vibe logging in flight. I'm hoping to test out the feature when it's added to the Spirit but I don't have a Spirit yet. It's no big deal anyway and more of a "nice to have" feature. The most important function is the rescue mode since I'm building some very large pricey kits.
Old 09-01-2014, 07:38 AM   #1080 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
At the moment I only have access to a BeastX, Robird G31 and a KDS Ebar V2..none of which could do vibe logging in flight. I'm hoping to test out the feature when it's added to the Spirit but I don't have a Spirit yet. It's no big deal anyway and more of a "nice to have" feature. The most important function is the rescue mode since I'm building some very large pricey kits.
Very nice, the rescue is an awesome feature, you will love the spirit!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.