Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > KDS Helicopters General Discussion > KDS Electronics

KDS Electronics KDS Electronics Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2014, 11:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Help with kds ebar v2 and 90 nitro heli

Hi all,

I need help. I have an Aurora 90 nitro setup with the kds ebar v2. A couple of things I need to figure out:
Can you plug an unplug the programing box without turning the heli off?
The tail gain I have it setup dwn to 55 in the programming box and still hunts, i tried now the radio gain and lowered it to 55% and stilll wags and after a few minutes it gives up and does a 90 degree rotation. Do I need to go the other way and raise the gain I. B oth the radio and the fbl nunit?
While hovering everything seems fine but from time to time there is a light aileron twitch. Swash gain is at 80, should I try loering it?
I'm a bit nervous of moving to forward flight as the fear of the tail giving in makes me nervous.
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Enrico

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
enrico is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2014, 09:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thumbs down Crashed my Aurora 90 FBL

Well I crashed my FBL heli today. not too bad, around $200 in parts for tail boom, supports and torque tube and new FBL blades and tails and main shaft. I had the wagging again and tail rotor gave in making it spin 360 degrees and locking all control of pitch or roll. Heli hit the ground from about 5 feet above ground.

I refuse to give up trying but the tap is getting higher as I keep trying to figure this out. I may just pull the plug on all this FBL nonsense. Should I give it one more shot at the KDS ebar v2?

Enrico

Last edited by enrico; 08-23-2014 at 10:20 PM.. Reason: none
Old 08-24-2014, 11:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

sounds like you have some mechanical binding in the tail. The ebar is very good.
you don't have to turn heli off to plug in or unplug program box. The radio gain does not adjust the ebar. Make sure you have the tail working as free as possible and it is setup correctly. 55 is pretty low for the tail gain.
Old 08-24-2014, 12:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I ve heard nothing else than people having success with it, and I had my share too but now I am weary. The tail had no binding issues and worked like butter. Also once you set it up, can you make your own pitch curve in the radio, like I woukd like to use a -6 to +9 pitch curve in normal mode to soften landings and avoid tipping over.
Now on the tail issue, could it be a vibration problem? I am using the grey 3m double sided tape and it is mounted directly over the elev servo. But it is also in line and close to the engine. See pic, would it have something to do?
Thanks for the advice and help! I'm just not ready yet to give up but want to make sure I don't crash again because of unit not proprely set up.

Enrico

Old 09-09-2014, 10:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I have almost fixed it completely. Ill be ready to retest Friday afternoon if no rain.
just one question I seem not to find any answer to it. Once the ebar is all setup, can I program pitch curves for each flight mode? Like normal I like less negative pitch to spool up or soft landing, idle up 1 for arobatic and precise yet not full 3d.
Any one?
Thanks for the help

Enrico

Old 09-13-2014, 02:04 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes. You still need to set your pitch curves in the radio. Set them how you like.
Old 09-13-2014, 02:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks so much for the answer! I've been waiting for it for a while!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in