Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Gaui Helicopters

Gaui Helicopters Gaui Official Factory Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2014, 07:08 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

It's great time to own a Gaui Helicopter in Canada!

I just wanted to thank everyone for letting your favourite shops know that you want Gaui kits and parts.
Looks like we have made some headway.
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2014, 07:37 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes and Scott you have done a ton to speed up this process so I thank you very much. I am trying not to get my hopes up too much as it may take a couple months to get everything in order and make sure it is pheasable. Please continue the emails to jps@greathobbies.com though if you are interested as it really does help to know what you guys want.
iKon Flybarless
Swooper6 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2014, 01:02 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominicD View Post
You guys want to know the truth ? If Gaui was popular enough for a hobby shop to carry then a hobby shop would. Dealers stop carrying lines because they just don't sell or the markup is horrible. Imagine having to carry $10-20k worth of parts that you might get 10% margin on. If that brand doesn't sell you are just stuck with those parts. The margins in this hobby are tiny, dealers struggle to keep afloat and they need to make the right decisions and move to where the market is going.

Unfortunately sales in this hobby have very little to do with flying performance or kit quality.
Gaui is quickly becoming a top player in the heli market. They were well supported in Canada up until a few months ago. It wasn't dropped because the demand was falling, in fact it was growing fast.

Since Gaui released the X3 it has really opened this brand up to new and experienced pilots that are looking for flight performance and value. Not everyone can or wants to afford a Goblin kit, the high parts costs of Jr, or the poor electronics of an Align combo.

This thread has shown that there's a growing market for Gaui. The real question is what retailers are smart enough to cash in on it.
Old 11-13-2014, 01:04 PM   #64 (permalink)
The Capi

My HF Map location

After going to a few FFs this year I didn't see any Gaui other than Gimpy's X3 and maybe another X5.
Old 11-13-2014, 01:11 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Funflys aren't a very good indicator of what the average Joe is flying.

I went to the Mid America Fun Fly and saw 2 people flying Goblins. One was Kyle Stacy.
Does that mean nobody flys Goblin?

I live in your area and own 4 Gaui helicopters.
Old 11-13-2014, 03:54 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm "just up the 404" and have a GAUI as well. Great news to hear that Great Hobbies might be able to carry the GAUI brand.... Cheers
Old 11-16-2014, 09:59 AM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

We have several new developments with getting Gaui parts and kits in Canada.

The announcement from Swooper6 and Great Hobbies last week "We at great hobbies are working things out now. If all goes well Great Hobbies will carry gaui soon".

Also. When we didn't receive a response for some time from Great Hobbies I initiated a similar conversation about a month ago with Shawn Nguyen of Rotorquest. I gave him the links to these threads and a couple others to try an show that Gaui is becoming popular and demand is on the rise.
In typical Rotorquest fashion Shawn was interested in the new trends and started some research of his own.

Some of you will remember that Rotorquest had tried to carry Gaui when the NX4 came out. At that time the model was so popular that Gaui was having trouble making enough parts to meet the demand. Many X5 and NX4 owners went without parts for weeks during the summer months. Rotorquest prides themselves on customer support and when the manufacturer was not able to supply their customers with product it left Rotorquest in a bad position. They put Gaui to the side after that but still remained a supplier with the north American distributor Empire.
I have kept in contact with Shawn and he recently let me know that they are considering adding Gaui again. He has had several conversations with Empire, Alvin Chai, JC Zankl, and the Gaui Factory. He would like to slowly add Gaui (starting with the X3) at some point but its a slow time of the year for hobby sales. Several of his primary manufacturers are releasing new models that he will need to invest in (Goblin 380, Align Multirotors, DJI Inspire One, etc).

Until the time that he is able to add Gaui products he has let me know that he is open to special ordering parts and kits in for us. Just send an email request through his site with what you are looking for with part numbers and they will respond.
I know one customer has already ordered a Gaui X5 Formula and an X3 through Rotorquest.

So...It looks like we are starting to gain some traction. I'm not sure if having two shops selling Gaui is a good or a bad thing. I know Rotorquest has taken notice of the announcement by Great Hobbies this week. I'm not sure if that will have an impact on his plans.
Old 11-24-2014, 07:04 AM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Scott,
you have done a great job on this. If GH and or RQ start selling Gaui then they will get my business.
wab223 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2014, 08:41 AM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Some new Gaui Canada News,

A pilot from Quebec has informed us about a local shop that carries Gaui kits and parts.

"Nick at Nd Heli carries a good amount of stock, also a great guy to deal with."

http://www.ndheli.ca/index.php

"Spoke to Nick at NDheli last night and like i mentioned earlier he carries a large inventory of spares some kits and he can bring in anything you need. If you need anything call him and he will take care of you."

They have a online site you can order from. They are also offering a Black Friday sale. 15% off will be applied to your order after it is placed.
I have placed an order with them and I will keep you posted on my overall experience.
Old 12-01-2014, 08:19 AM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

I should have seen this Black Friday. I might have been tempted to get a 180 with 15% off. I did not know anyone in Canada even had them in stock.
wab223 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2014, 09:18 AM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

I recieved my BF order from ND Heli yesterday. I ordered some new booms and boom supports for my X4ii and NX4. The order total was $114.00 after the 15% off discount. Shipping over $100.00 is free.

I emailed during the sale to ask about the discount and how to apply it to the order. I noticed there wasn't any discount code to use a checkout.
The owner Nick replied within a couple hours saying to place the order and it would be adjusted after checkout.
I submitted the order on Friday. I received an email on Saturday asking me to call the store. When I called Nick explained that they were having site problems and asked me to send a screenshot of what I ordered. I recreated my order and sent a screenshot.
On Sunday I received another email asking me to call the shop again. Keep in mind I am in Ontario and the store is in Quebec. Long distance charges apply. I was at work at the time so I requested to correspond through email because I wasn't near a phone. I didn't hear anything back but later I received a paypal notice letting me know the order had shipped.

I received the order yesterday afternoon. It was well packed and included a free NDHELI toque. It also appears that the parts were in stock at the time I made the order. It was probably a bad day to test out a new shop. Its one of the busiest days of the year and even larger more experienced vendors have issues on that day. I would be willing to order from them again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NDHAT.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	554841  
Old 12-30-2014, 10:23 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_Barrett View Post
Jim, that's pretty uncool. My reasons for scaling back have to do with me spending more time with my family.

I've never hidden the fact that this was a secondary income for me, and my reputation on here speaks volumes. I have donated a lot of time and money to events.

You're in direct violation of the forum rules being disrespectful and public trashing.
Jeff,

Any relevant updat on Gaui dealers/Distributers in Canada (apart from NDHeli)?

The market is good yet dealers are thin to zero carrying Gaui.

Also any news on Bavarian Demon (new pricing/stock).

Thanks
lemonsorbie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2014, 08:28 AM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry. No news. I've been out of the loop on most everything but Synergy.

I had to step away for a bit to take a break from from personal attacks from two specific local individuals (one of which attacked me in this thread).

Synergy RC Express will have new electronics stock as we get closer to spring, bit if you need something right away, just let me know by email.
Jeff_Barrett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2015, 09:43 AM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominicD View Post
After going to a few FFs this year I didn't see any Gaui other than Gimpy's X3 and maybe another X5.

Whaaa, I never owned an X3.
Old 01-30-2015, 09:50 AM   #75 (permalink)
The Capi

My HF Map location

So even less than 1 !!!
Old 02-09-2015, 05:59 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Has anyone any experience with heliproshop.com ? They say the head office is in Mississauga, and that they have warehouses in Canada as well. They seem to have a lot marked as "in stock" but that could simply mean "they can get it"...

Cheers
Old 02-09-2015, 06:06 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

They drop ship a lot of stuff.

Add to your cart and it will say what warehouse it ships from. A lot comes from Prestige I think.
Old 02-14-2015, 05:34 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Interested in where this is at with Great Hobbies? If anyone needs parts for an X7 in a pinch I have a decent selection and I haven't had much time for flying last couple years and would be happy to help out anyone in the hobby. Send me a PM so I get an email notification as I haven't had time to cruise the forums much lately either.

Cheers,
Gaui X7 Cameraship
SFACV is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2015, 06:24 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

I see GH is getting rid of all there Thunder Tiger stock. Guessing they may not be selling TT anymore, which sucks, but maybe a good time to get Gaui on board, otherwise they are down to Blade & Align.
JETI DS-16, SKOOKUM & YGE
rcnorth is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2015, 10:29 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Everything is about multi rotor these days.

It is going to be difficult to get any dealer to carry a full line the days when multi rotors are far more profitable right now

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.