Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Jeti Duplex Radio Systems

Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2014, 03:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Post Jeti DS-16 to Spektrum Bridge

After doing as much research as I could to see how people are using Spektrum through their Jeti radios, I found very little info that I was happy with. I did this research before I got my DS16 (replacing my DX8 and Graupner MZ-24). I found many people are using the Orange DYI Module.

A good friend of mine bought two Orange DYI Module and gave me one to make it work with Horizon Hobby BnF models but I found the module to be very inconstant and lost reception making my model fly on it's own. I was very displeased with anything Orange related so I decided to try something more reliable.

With all of this being said here's what I came up with. I built a Jeti to Spektrum bridge. Here are the items I used:

- Jeti R4 Receiver
- Protek LiFe 2100mah 2s 6.6v Battery
- RX On/Off Swtich
- Pelican 1010 Micro Case
- Spektrum DM9 Airmod for JR Radio.

I put the R4 receiver in the Airmod case to make everything look clean. I mounted the Antenna to the lid so while using it I could have it open up for better reception. I have used this to fly my beloved Blade 200qx many many times with awesome range with no lag or anything.

Here are the pics and tell me what you guys think. Thank You

I didn't get any build pics as I forgot to but I could do a step by step instruction on how I did this if people are interested.
nissan_driver24 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2014, 12:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

looks good.
where did you find the pelican case at?
and what size bird would you say would be the biggest you would trust with the set up?
Old 08-31-2014, 03:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Personally, with a similar setup, I trust all the birds that are not big enough to put a direct jeti Rx in them which is the main reason for doing this actual set up. BNF from HH are mainly what it is used for in my case
Old 09-03-2014, 06:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Any more information for connections etc etc? Would love to do this my self.
Old 09-05-2014, 10:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

How is the R4 receiver connected to the DM9?
Summit4000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2014, 11:59 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sorry everyone I have been very busy lately, I will try to post some pictures of how it's all done after this weekend.
nissan_driver24 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2014, 12:00 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm any chance posting that information? Or do you have a really loooong weekend? Hehe.
Bubbasanjohn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2014, 11:33 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you do a decent search here you will find a ton of info on the jeti to spektrum bridge. It is old news. I have been using mine for about 8 months now

https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...8&postcount=11

Ps forgot to say that I have been flying a vision-air foamy spektrum product on it as far out as a dot in the sky. Never an issue!
scott s is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2014, 11:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have one just want to see if he did anything different or better in his.
Bubbasanjohn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2014, 07:19 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

how long does it take your module to bind to spektrum rx? mine takes about 30 seconds. and I think that's too long time for it to bind. I don't remember my dx7 taking that long to bind. I'm also using the jr spektrum DM9 instead of orange module cuz the orange I bought for this mod was dead on arrival, never even got to use the damn thing.
V3ndetta is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2014, 05:30 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have heard from other dm9 module users that the bind sometimes takes a while, I have the Orange diy module and it's pretty quick, only if you have it set to the wrong modulation does it take a bit longer to work it out.
Busher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2014, 12:47 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default DM9 Binding

I have a Jeti-Spektrum bridge working using the DM9 module.

Binding is quite quick provided there is a little distance between the DM9 and the Spektrum Rx; much as with the DX-18 and DX-9 Tx reports. I hold the DM9 at arms length and turn away from the Rx and it binds within a couple of seconds. If I have the DM9 alongside the Spektrum Rx, then it may not bind, or take more than 30 seconds.

As it is a two handed operation (hold DM9 bind button down while powering up the bridge), turning away, holding the device with both hands away from my body, seems to work every time (UMX micros to larger birds.)

Michael
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busher View Post
I have heard from other dm9 module users that the bind sometimes takes a while, I have the Orange diy module and it's pretty quick, only if you have it set to the wrong modulation does it take a bit longer to work it out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in