Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 200SRX

200SRX Blade 200SRX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2014, 11:09 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkderf View Post
... curious to know what benefits the carbon shaft offers aside from weight savings.
That's the advantage, and it's prettier. Other than that, there's no advantage.
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2014, 11:14 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

thats what I thought, though I'm weary of the durability of the carbon shaft when compared to the original steel.

I managed to split a carbon tail boom during assembly, and as a result, I prefer to use the original aluminum tail boom, but was on the fence about which main shaft to use.
wkderf is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2014, 11:18 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

I also use the stock tail boom for the same reason. However, I have had NO issues with the shaft. It doesn't wallow out the holes like the stock one does.
Old 10-18-2014, 11:27 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
I also use the stock tail boom for the same reason. However, I have had NO issues with the shaft. It doesn't wallow out the holes like the stock one does.
explain this "wallowing" of the holes you speak of...

or in other words: wut?
Old 10-18-2014, 11:46 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

The hole at the top and bottom of the stock shaft (that hold the rotor head and main gear in place), somehow get wallowed out (increase in size and develop a lip) that creates an issue when you try to change it. The bearings will not come off the shaft and if the holes get deformed enough, nothing in between those holes will come off the shaft. That means that you lose your swashplate and bearings. That sucks and that is why I don't use the stock shaft.
Old 10-19-2014, 10:42 AM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

A small jewelers fill will solve that problem. Simply take off the burr and all is easily disassembled.
hrefab is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2014, 01:49 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrefab View Post
A small jewelers fill will solve that problem. Simply take off the burr and all is easily disassembled.
Yea but now the hole is too big. Big holes mean vibrating screws and that vibration gets nicely distributed throughout the bird.
Old 10-30-2014, 03:04 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

curious to know what people's preferences are concerning the lower style landing gear that comes with the RKH setup. I picked up the aluminum spacers to mount the RKH landing skids in the factory position, making the craft fly at the stock height, but im curious to see if everyone prefers mounting them using the frame style mount as suggested by RKH.

part of me likes the lower style skids, as the rear stabilizer is the same height, making for a very stable platform after landing, but it also leaves a narrower room for error, as the footprint isn't as wide, and the blades are that much closer to the ground.

whats everyone's take on this?
Old 10-30-2014, 03:08 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

No preference here except to say that the stock skids are bouncy and more forgiving.
Old 10-30-2014, 07:46 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
curious to know what people's preferences are concerning the lower style landing gear that comes with the RKH setup. I picked up the aluminum spacers to mount the RKH landing skids in the factory position, making the craft fly at the stock height, but im curious to see if everyone prefers mounting them using the frame style mount as suggested by RKH.

part of me likes the lower style skids, as the rear stabilizer is the same height, making for a very stable platform after landing, but it also leaves a narrower room for error, as the footprint isn't as wide, and the blades are that much closer to the ground.

whats everyone's take on this?
I have 3 200SRX's, one with stock landing gear, one with Rakon landing gear, and one with Microheli landing gear. I actually like the Microheli gear the best. When I first got them, I was concerned. The carbon fiber used in the Microheli skids seems to be a bit thinner than the Rakon ones, and I thought they would break on a hard landing. However, their design allows them to flex like the stock skids.

So for stock height, stock bounciness, and carbon fiber bling, check out the microheli skids.
vmax911 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2014, 01:02 AM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

where are you guys finding the ball links for the servo arms for your heli rebuilds? I'm not referring to the actual servo arms or the linkage - those parts I can easily find. I'm referring to the balls themselves that screw on to the linkage arms. Anyone know where I can find them or what size they are?
Old 11-02-2014, 06:17 AM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
where are you guys finding the ball links for the servo arms for your heli rebuilds? I'm not referring to the actual servo arms or the linkage - those parts I can easily find. I'm referring to the balls themselves that screw on to the linkage arms. Anyone know where I can find them or what size they are?
The only way you are going to get those parts are to buy a complete hardware set from your local hobby store or Horizon.
Old 11-06-2014, 12:58 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Just finished full Rakon upgrade including 3-bladed main rotor

Hi,

Thanks for awesome job on the detailed instructions for the upgrade Junkman. It's very well done and definitely much better than Rakon stock instructions. I went with 3-bladed main rotor as I think it looks very cool.
I got my parts few days ago and did entire upgrade in few hours last night, no small thanks due to your excellent guide here. Rakon parts are awesome quality and everything went very smooth. I used the optional skid mounts to make the heli sit wider and taller - main reason was the vertical stabilizer is level with the skids when mounted to the frame and I was afraid it might get damaged in case of hard landing.
I installed 13T pinion and adjusted motor gain to 200%. I used the heli set up posted under different thread here on my DX9 to have all features working (3 flight modes and panic button) in the heli mode on the radio.
The heli looks and flies amazing. I rebuilt it for my 8yo son so he can fly more with a better looking heli. Although with the amount of money I now put into it, we might be flying on a buddy system for a while (he flew fine by himself using beginner mode on the stock version).
Tail motor might need replacement soon as it developed a occasional twitch in flight but that's easily done with the Rakon parts.
If anyone wants any photos, let me know and I'll post them here (I have "red" version).
Thanks again for nice thread and instructions.
Simon
gimli1976 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2014, 02:30 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The Tail Twitch is a result of the low rotor speed. Not something to worry about. If you look, the tail motor will actually stop at certain stick positions. It's not a CP heli so there are some different flight characteristics. If the tail motor runs hot (hot to the touch) then you may need to replace it. It was a known issue with the early ones. I replaced my tail motor 3x before I got a good one. But my tail motor would go to 150 F! WAY too hot. After a full 8 - 10 minute flight the tail motor should be only slightly warm. Do yourself a favor and buy a couple fo sets of servos or servo kits. That is the part that will usually crunch when you crash (along with a couple of main gears.)
hrefab is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2014, 03:12 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimli1976 View Post
Hi,

Thanks for awesome job on the detailed instructions for the upgrade Junkman. It's very well done and definitely much better than Rakon stock instructions. I went with 3-bladed main rotor as I think it looks very cool.
I got my parts few days ago and did entire upgrade in few hours last night, no small thanks due to your excellent guide here. Rakon parts are awesome quality and everything went very smooth. I used the optional skid mounts to make the heli sit wider and taller - main reason was the vertical stabilizer is level with the skids when mounted to the frame and I was afraid it might get damaged in case of hard landing.
I installed 13T pinion and adjusted motor gain to 200%. I used the heli set up posted under different thread here on my DX9 to have all features working (3 flight modes and panic button) in the heli mode on the radio.
The heli looks and flies amazing. I rebuilt it for my 8yo son so he can fly more with a better looking heli. Although with the amount of money I now put into it, we might be flying on a buddy system for a while (he flew fine by himself using beginner mode on the stock version).
Tail motor might need replacement soon as it developed a occasional twitch in flight but that's easily done with the Rakon parts.
If anyone wants any photos, let me know and I'll post them here (I have "red" version).
Thanks again for nice thread and instructions.
Simon
Thank you sir. I'm glad that the time and effort that I put into this writeup is benefiting others. Good flying to ya'.
Old 11-06-2014, 03:50 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks hrefab. I've crashed this heli quite a bit in my early heli days so I have a healthy collection of spare parts including the S-60 servos (btw - DS-60s don't work with this heli). I remember a time this summer when it was actually hard to find them and HH was back-ordered for a while.
My tail motor is only slightly warm after 7:30 min of hovering in the garage (too rainy and windy in Seattle this time of year to fly outdoors). I'm using CF tail so hopefully there won't be any shorting issues.
Currently I'm testing the stock batteries to see what kind of times I can get out of them with the 3-bladed setup. Looks like 8-9 minutes should be easy with about 25% battery remaining.
I love this forum and the people here are awesome. Hoping this heli will get my son more interested in this hobby (he has 450L and 550E Pro to graduate to in the future).

Simon
gimli1976 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2015, 06:16 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey junkman about how long does it take to get parts ffrom rakon?
MC8ball is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2015, 06:19 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

My parts always arrived within a week. I don't ever remember my parts taking a long time to get to me.
Old 01-29-2015, 08:12 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks so much for all the information! I've used it numerous times
Jake S is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2015, 02:18 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
It doesn't wallow out the holes like the stock one does.
I'm SOLD

Shame you need a canopy, that frame is absolutely beautiful. IMO canopy is pretty ugly
felixthemaster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in