Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > Leap 450 3D Multirotor Support

Leap 450 3D Multirotor Support Leap 450 3D Multirotor Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2014, 09:34 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just flip switch to 3rd position and it will flip u right side up. Don't flip switch wrong way or it will go into idle mode/ th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippets View Post
Bailout ???

How do you do this is it a switch ?
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2014, 09:57 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

When you flip to bail out (self level mode) don't forget to go back to "positive collective" or it'll flip right sideup and shove itself into the ground! Sounds easy but if your brain is slightly locked up you may forget to go back to positive throttle position. It's a nice feature though.

I have found that bail out mode will put it into the same attitude that it was when initializing so if you initialize it on a slightly off level surface it'll take off in the direction of the off level surface. If you have a table at your site level it and initialize your Leap on that level table.
Old 12-02-2014, 02:06 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've found that attitude mode doesn't work very well after the first minute or so of the flight. After doing some 3D and flipping the switch, it doesn't go level, it's off by quite a bit. Like there's an accumulated error or something? At the beginning of the flight it locks nice and level...
beeflyer2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2014, 12:26 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I found same issue. It's just luck if it goes level after some 3d. Anything you can update to make that better tim??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeflyer2 View Post
I've found that attitude mode doesn't work very well after the first minute or so of the flight. After doing some 3D and flipping the switch, it doesn't go level, it's off by quite a bit. Like there's an accumulated error or something? At the beginning of the flight it locks nice and level...
Old 01-13-2015, 05:54 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Leap Problem

My leap with this problem long ago'm trying to help Tim unsuccessfully.
He told me that the problem is the gyro bought another and already changed but he continues with the same problem.
It fires the engines usually then begins to accelerate alone.
The propellers turn to different sides from each other, already checked all the cables and it's all normal.
The problem is more or less in this youtube link.
Help me as I am of Brazil and it is difficult to be buying parts in the US.

Leap 3D problem (1 min 7 sec)
JulioCL is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2015, 10:35 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was able to bind it, but How do I arm the motors? I am using a spektrum DX9
thank you in adavance
tomasito is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2015, 06:32 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Leap Has Issues

So far my Leap sits on the repair table more than it flies. First the manual is crap. They leave out key details needed for setup. Like the guy in the youtube video above. His problem is that he has the blades pitched wrong. The blades are not front and rear, they are right or left. I had the same problem with mine. Tim told me it was the gyro as well. They sent me a new one. Same issue. Then I was on the phone with him and realized they were directional blades. Boom. Changed right from left and vice versa and again boom, it was in the air. Then for no reason what so ever it just freaks out and goes tumbling after about 4 or 5 flights. So I determine that an esc went bad in flight. Wrong. I replace the esc that wasn't working but realized if I tightened the screws on the board it started working again. I figured this out because another esc started working intermittently. As I was checking it out I noticed the screws were loose. I tightened them and again, boom, the esc starts working with no intermittency or issues as well. So, now here I am with four working esc's, four proper blades on each motor. Once again, boom, in the air. For about 2 minutes. Then it does the same crazy twisting crap and crashes to the ground. Now I'm out of white blades again and am getting disgusted with this. So I guess I need to wait for new blades to show up to try again. If anyone else is experiencing this issue or anything close to it, please share your input. Thanks
JayStinson is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2015, 06:22 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's my video, and in my case it was a bad gyro board. Blades were installed correctly.

The ESCs are very fragile and unfortunately they usually reveal that they need replacement in the middle of a flight. My Leap has "crashed itself" more times than I can count but it's so easy/fast to repair and so fun to fly that I keep coming back for more.

Pay attention to the LEDs. If they are not flashing in sync at power-up, you probably have a bad ESC. If they start flashing in flight, you probably have a bad ESC.
Old 04-08-2015, 08:52 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Where have you been purchasing the replacement ESC's?
I had one fail immediately on take off 2' off the ground and now it won't initialize. having a hard time finding them in stock anywhere.
Old 04-09-2015, 12:30 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've only purchased one or two replacements and those came from Amain. Usually, Tim at Assurance will replace bad ones.
Old 04-13-2015, 06:36 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

I ended up with a bad flight controller twice now and two bad esc's. Tim replaced the Flight controllers and purchasing esc's on ebay is about 35.00 a piece. Your right about watching your lights. These esc's are fragile. I'm gonna have to rma my esc's as well. The esc's going bad in mid flight is a major issue that needs to be addressed.
Old 04-14-2015, 04:13 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

I also notice the amount you tighten your screws down on the esc's also creates an issue. Of course too tight you're going to create an issue, but a couple of my screws were loose on the other boards and I noticed that if I tightened them they powered on and stayed on. Anyone have any ideas as to why the screws need to be tight? Does this act as some type of ground? I don't see where it could or how it could affect the operation of these esc's. Very strange.
Old 04-20-2015, 10:57 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Align Leap 3D | Turnigy 2200mAh 3s (3 min 48 sec)
Old 04-22-2015, 02:48 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Great flying sir! I haven't flown mine 3d since I got my FPV gear. I think I will soon, I miss it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
Old 05-04-2015, 04:39 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayStinson View Post
So far my Leap sits on the repair table more than it flies. First the manual is crap. They leave out key details needed for setup. Like the guy in the youtube video above. His problem is that he has the blades pitched wrong. The blades are not front and rear, they are right or left. I had the same problem with mine. Tim told me it was the gyro as well. They sent me a new one. Same issue. Then I was on the phone with him and realized they were directional blades. Boom. Changed right from left and vice versa and again boom, it was in the air. Then for no reason what so ever it just freaks out and goes tumbling after about 4 or 5 flights. So I determine that an esc went bad in flight. Wrong. I replace the esc that wasn't working but realized if I tightened the screws on the board it started working again. I figured this out because another esc started working intermittently. As I was checking it out I noticed the screws were loose. I tightened them and again, boom, the esc starts working with no intermittency or issues as well. So, now here I am with four working esc's, four proper blades on each motor. Once again, boom, in the air. For about 2 minutes. Then it does the same crazy twisting crap and crashes to the ground. Now I'm out of white blades again and am getting disgusted with this. So I guess I need to wait for new blades to show up to try again. If anyone else is experiencing this issue or anything close to it, please share your input. Thanks
Glad I found this thread before buying a Leap 3D.

I planned to buy one because I wanted a robust platform (quad or heli) to practice 3D one, I got tired of replacing expensive parts on my Blade 130. I don't want to be replacing fragile ESCs so I will skip the Leap 3D.
malcolmm is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2015, 01:07 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

New canopy out http://www.fusuno.com/product_info.p...ducts_id=18210
Old 05-09-2015, 03:24 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Be careful when putting your leap back together! If you have to replace a boom. You must make sure you plug your power wires in right! I screwed up mine today. Put the new boom on red wire was on the right black to the left so I didn't even think about it and just plugged them in. Smoked it! Leap don't make it easy either. You have to take the control board off to see the polarity. That means screwing with those micro o rings.
Old 05-09-2015, 05:01 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Here is the board that is 100% covered by the control board.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1259.jpg (105.6 KB, 25 views)
Old 05-09-2015, 05:28 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Polarity is shown in the manual. Black wires on forward and aft sides of board, red wires on left and right sides.
Old 05-09-2015, 05:34 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I couldn't tell you where my manual is! lol! I just wonder how many others have made my mistake and didn't own up to it!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in