Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > Other Frame Manufacturers and Scratch Build (Hoverthings, Blackout mini, etc)

Other Frame Manufacturers and Scratch Build (Hoverthings, Blackout mini, etc) Other Frame Manufacturers and Scratch Build (Hoverthings, Blackout mini, etc)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2015, 01:11 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dansy View Post
You can mode after takeoff as far I'm setup so yes 0-100% then switch mode if you want too....unfortunatly it will work only with DMSS RX as far as I know.....
Yes , looking at the xg8 , but needed to know that it would also sport fly normally , before switching to 3d mode .
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2015, 01:26 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes
Dansy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2015, 01:27 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dansy View Post
Yes
Thank you , i will order tomorrow now .
Old 01-26-2015, 09:39 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Really loving my Ninja,just need better weather and more flying,Marty.
Old 02-16-2015, 04:41 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPhisher View Post
There's a guy over at RCG that has a Ninja and another guy that's going to get one in a few days. It's definitely getting some attention.
Any update on getting FPV to work with this?
googlefish is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2015, 08:43 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

yes any one fitted FPV equipment to the ninja,Marty
Old 03-19-2015, 08:49 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

also what gain setting's are people using in both normal and 3d please,Marty
Old 07-04-2015, 04:07 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

So is anybody flying these, and how do you like them? I picked one up at an RC show in Champaign IL, and I remember it was really heavy. I have a Leap450, and a Hyper 400, and they are both lighter, so i am wondering how maneuverable the Ninja is, in the videos, it looks heavy. I'm not knocking it, I am just wondering. Also does it have a slef leveling mode/bail out? Where is a good place to but these? It suckes you cant useanything but their remote, is it nice? I know JR remotes are really nice, but the pic I saw of the one that comes eith this doenst look as nice as the rest.
stevespirosezgoin81 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2015, 09:24 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

stevespirosezgoin81,

I have had a JR Ninja for a while now-I will try to answer your questions, sir:

"So is anybody flying these, and how do you like them?"

I like it-it's a blast to fly-very maneuverable and not bothered by wind at all (I thought wind would really mess with it, but it doesn't).

"I picked one up at an RC show in Champaign IL, and I remember it was really heavy. I have a Leap450, and a Hyper 400, and they are both lighter, so i am wondering how maneuverable the Ninja is, in the videos, it looks heavy."

The Ninja does not "fly heavy". I flew a Leap for the first time today (it belongs to a friend), so I got to compare the two. Power/lift-wise, it was about the same. IMHO, the Leap flew quite well, but was a bit less stable and not quite as maneuverable as the Ninja. Both were flown in windy conditions (I flew them back to back). It is very easy to fly low and fairly close in with the Ninja. It was easier to put the Ninja where I wanted it in the air, if that makes sense.

"Also does it have a self leveling mode/bail out?"

I have not tried it, but (per the instructions), if you switch from Stunt mode into "Normal" mode, it will right itself. It is stable enough that I have not had to do this yet.

" Where is a good place to buy these?"

Mine came from JR Americas.

"It sucks you cant use anything but their remote, is it nice? I know JR remotes are really nice, but the pic I saw of the one that comes either this doesn't look as nice as the rest."

Several people who have seen mine fly really liked it, but commented that they were less than pleased that it will not work with other brands of radios. It is, IMHO, worth it (for the Ninja and for other aircraft) to do the upgrade. I have been flying JR radios for years and have been in the process of upgrading to DMSS for the last year and a half. The improvement in feel/performance with helicopters I have been flying for years was very noticeable with the newer generation of JR radios (DMSS).

You can get the Ninja as an RTF with the XG6, or as a kit with no transmitter or receiver (this is what I got for use with the 28X). You could get the kit and an XG8 or XG14 to get a higher level radio. It takes about four hours to assemble the kit and there is very little programming (the gyro is tuned from the factory).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in