Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Newbies: Tips and Information

Newbies: Tips and Information Section of HF, specifically for Passing along info to newcomers to the hobby. Setup, tweaking, orientation practice, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2008, 12:11 AM   #1 (permalink)

Unhappy Blade tracking prob or slop on MX450

I didn't build my MX450, It just arrived and came built. I just got it set-up with all the servos, gyro, motor speed control, Etc. I fired it up for the first time and found a bad tracking problem. I Made sure the pitch was set up right, level swash, balanced blades, no overtighting on the blade holders and still can't get it to track right, I even took of the stock blades and put aline wood 335's. I can grab the blade holders and twist them back and fourth clockwize and counterclockwize (about 1 or 2 mm) so THERE IS slop! The head also has a little jiggle in it! Is this why they will not track?

Please....Any ideas would be great, I'm tearing my hair out!

And how do I tighten the blade holder clockwize, counterclockwise jiggle?
deathchopper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2008, 01:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

i had the same problem on that heli and also saw where others did to check all washouts and tighten and use RED thread lock on the screw in the pivot at the top it gets slightly loose and blue thread lock wont hold it i also used align woodies and got the tracking almost perfect also another thing i found was that i used the mx 400 plastic head without any tracking problem at all
Old 03-10-2008, 02:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I heard about the loctite thing...I'll give it a try! How are the aline 335 pro woodies?
Old 03-10-2008, 11:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

"please overlook spelling as it is a crapshoot like my flying!!!" That's a way funny statement!!!! ME TOO!!!

Tags
blades, mx450, problem, slop, tracking

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in