Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 600X

Blade 600X Blade 600X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2015, 10:30 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1 to all that. Find the tight spot, and make it so that there is virtually no gap between the pinion and the main gear at that point (well ideally a very very small gap).

My first main gear stripped only because my mesh was too loose on it. I used the "paper" method - don't make the same mistake!
mba83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2016, 11:32 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bummed stripped my 1 mod main gear. No replacements available anymore. Figured I would try the slant gear from micro heli. But that is a no go on the 600x unless there is a different pinion out there somewhere.

So back to stock gears for me. Its the only real weak spot that I've run into on this helicopter.
Gentcpa is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2016, 07:34 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Really too bad that Lynx is downsizing their supplies of Blade accessories for many helicopters. Was a great place to go to get better parts. Now it is on a case by case basis for what is available, but great parts while they last. Luckily for now, Horizon Hobbies still has an ample supply of B600X parts.

Happy flying!

Steve

PS - Gentcpa, you just cost me some $$$ on the HH website today. I forgot that I needed some spare parts, just incase they are gobbled up by some other Freak!
Old 10-22-2016, 08:42 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Completely agree on Lynx. I had a 300cfx with the EOX motor and their slant gear. I really liked the motors reliability and power and the slant gear was much quieter. Crashed it and ended up damaging the Lynx slant gear.

Could not find another one in stock anywhere. Ok go back to the stock gear with a new pinion that fits the EOX motor. That was kind of pricey too, along with the other crash parts. So much to my annoyance I rewarded Lynx by buying an Oxy 3.

Haven't looked back because it is miles better than the 300cfx and all the electronics transferred right over. Still the upgrade parts disappear faster than the original models.

On the 600x front I notice with dismay that the 700x tail gears are no longer available. The 600x parts must be dwindling by now. I enjoy the heli and have another combo kit sitting in a box almost untouched. However, in the back of my mind I wonder how much longer I can keep it flying. Though I was fairly convinced that I would need the other box of parts by now. Nope outside the gear this thing has been rock solid. I've had a few incidents with it, servo hung on the canopy, smacked the tail on the ground, failed gears, loose tail hub, each time I was able to auto the thing in with no damage.

The governor gain is set to low and I'm going to reduce the spool up speed to hopefully preserve the main gear.

Keep them flying.
Old 10-22-2016, 06:05 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default stripped gears

Stripped main gear yesterday, I can't auto but managed to land with no damage thank God. It is my first build, been flying all summer with no problem. I think maybe the mesh was to loose. Had a main gear here cause I also have a 550x anyway flew it today seems ok tightened mesh, I guess time will tell I don't know how tight it should be .
eightyduece is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2016, 12:46 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

For this heli, I would set the back lash pretty tight. Hold the motor and wiggle the main gear backwards and forwards you should feel a little bit of play adjust it so that there is. Turn the main gear a 1/4 of a turn and repeat. As you do this you will find areas that are tighter as you rotate the main gear. Find the tight spot and adjust the backlash so that there is almost no movement at that point. Check the complete rotation again.
Old 10-24-2016, 12:54 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Gentcpa, I did not look at parts for the 700X, but almost all of the 600X parts are still available. Or at least when I placed my order this past Saturday, most were. I also have a spare 600X and have not built it yet. Between my 2nd 600X and some spare parts, I should be good for a while, unless I need a few parts that I do not have a ton of spares for! I do not want to have a larger parts warehouse that Horizon Helis, but I guess that seems to be my luck with this hobby....

I want a Jeti before I get into a new helicopter line. Trying to keep a heli budget until it is time to ignore the budget again.
Old 02-06-2017, 12:48 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default UGH!

Just as I finished my rebuild of this bird due to a link breaking causing a boom strike...

..The main gear strips.

I did a big airstop - Really loaded up the rotor disk and it bogged down a bit and POP, whiz i hear the main gear strip. Grabbed TH but there was no head speed and it fell from 40' or so.

This sucks because the main frames are super hard to get..

I don't understand how people auto'd it in when this happened, I went from 2250 to head speed to nothing left nearly instantly. I *bet* I could of saved in if i knew it was coming but that 1 second delay evidently was too long.
FamousGTR is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2017, 01:02 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you're at a high collective the blades will stop in a hurry. If you have very good response speed you can usually get the collective in the opposite direction so they don't and you can start windmilling the rotor. But if you panic and freeze the sticks, they'll stop almost instantly and you won't be able to get them going again.
https://kc3dprint.com - 3D Printing on Demand and Printed RC Helicopter Upgrades
Number is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2017, 02:22 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's for sure what happened.Question - from 40' if they were almost (less then 1000rpm i'd guess) stopped is windmilling enough to get them going again from that relatively low height?
Old 02-06-2017, 03:13 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Depends on your skills I suppose. But depending on how fast you're going and in which direction, even the best pilot might not be able to.

Just remember that gravity would be the main factor in downward speed (duh) and from 40ft you'd be to the ground in 1.24 seconds. Now if say you were doing a loop and it stripped at the bottom as you were pulling up, you would be moving upward at the time of the blades stopping and have substantially longer to recover.

That is, of course, provided that the heli isn't tumbling around

Blade weight is a factor too. The old Vblades were so heavy you could darn near stall a nitro engine pulling out of a tail slide if you weren't careful. Heavy blades will retain momentum longer, but once they stop due to a loss of motor power, the weight would make it very hard to get them going again.
https://kc3dprint.com - 3D Printing on Demand and Printed RC Helicopter Upgrades
Number is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2017, 12:08 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

fair enough.

Expensive lessons for sure.
Old 12-31-2017, 06:13 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by manphil View Post
hi Folks,

Finding this thread interesting.

Was reading in another thread that the recent Castle Creations firmware releases has resulted in a more aggressive governor....requiring some folk to back off the gov gain from what they were running on previous versions.

Are you folk running CC ESC or are you running a higher spec gov gain on your ESC??

Or as not many folk have responded ..it might have just been a sub-standard batch of main gears ...and now no more issue since that batch has cycled around perhaps??

...all a bit hard to say ...giving the small number of replies.
I am also having issues with my main gear, have gone through 4 in the last 5 weeks and every time it has only broken half of 1 tooth and am unable to find a solution, tried everything. Have been looking for the Lynx main gear but I think they have stopped making them. Has anyone found a solution.
Cheers
Stretton is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2017, 09:01 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

WOW on new activity in the B600X Forum, nothing for several months.

Just finally got one of my B600X's flying two weeks ago, after having two frame kits for 2.5 years sitting in their boxes safe and sound. I have never damaged a "main gear" that way! I am extremely happy with how this bird flies. Compared to my B450Xs, so much smoother.

I went through two main gear this week, because of stripped teeth. I guess I need to make more adjustments to my FBL, to decrease my ramp up rate, from normal, I1, and I2. I hope that it is a simple fix, but know that I will have to move on to different helis in the next year, depending on parts availability.

I would be very surprised if you are able to find any Lynx main gears. Very disappointed that Lynx has abandoned the Blades, but I understand, it is a business and so has to be based on number of people flying these helicopters.

Glad to see that there are still a few B600X flyers out there!

Steve
Old 01-03-2018, 11:08 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

I still love my 550X & 600X even though this main gear stripping is causing me an issue, the only thing I can think of that might be causing could be that the motor / pinion is not perfectly 90 deg to the main gear, I broke another gear tooth or should I be more presise half of 1 tooth. Starting to piss me off. Will investigate and get back.
Old 01-04-2018, 08:16 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Pinion support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretton View Post
I am also having issues with my main gear, have gone through 4 in the last 5 weeks and every time it has only broken half of 1 tooth and am unable to find a solution, tried everything. Have been looking for the Lynx main gear but I think they have stopped making them. Has anyone found a solution.
Cheers
Hey guy's, glad to see activity on this forum again. I stated on a previous post a solution to this problem and don't remember anyone enquiring about how I accomplished this. The issue is the motor and pinion are not properly supported which causes some mesh issues. I used an extra main shaft support, [bottom one] and found a bearing that I believe came from Boca, that fit the support and the pinion in a manner like my Synergy E-5 is supported. Took a couple of hours to fabricate into the frame. Required drilling. Problem solved.
dbrc894 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2018, 07:15 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Motor shaft support

BTW, I have a Scorpion 4035, 530kv motor. The shaft was long enough to go through the pinion and into the bearing support. Guess I got lucky on that one. I noticed today that I had to slightly move two of the esc support screws to get bearing block perfectly lined up.
Old 01-06-2018, 07:32 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks guys, will give the extra support block for the motor shaft a go. Cheers
Old 01-06-2018, 08:15 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Pic

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_4.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	733786

Hope this helps. Picture from bottom shows lower main shaft mount with bearing to fit both.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in