Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 200SRX

200SRX Blade 200SRX Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2014, 05:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default How To: DX6/9/18 programing for 200SRX in HELI mode

After a solid evening of programming, I have finally figured out how to program the new DX6 (NOT DX6i) for the 200SRX in Heli mode, while maintaining FULL control of ALL features (beginner & intermediate mode w/ self leveling, advanced mode, as well as panic button).

I will attach the .spm file, which you can download to an SD card, and upload directly to your radio.

To do things manually, follow the steps below:

model type: Heli

Swash Type: Normal

collective type: normal

F-mode setup: Switch 1: inhibit
This clears the B button from any other functions, so you can use it to control your flight modes.

Channel input configuration: 5 GEAR: B. THIS IS IMPORTANT.
This is the switch that your flight modes will be on. I used the "B" switch. if you want to use a different switch, you can, you just need to enter in the 3 position switch you plan to use.

that takes care of the system setup menu.

YOU ARE NOT DONE. YOU STILL NEED TO MAKE ADJUSTMENTS IN THE FUNCTION LIST!

Servo Setup: NONE of the servos get reversed. ALL SERVOS STAY AT NORMAL SETTINGS.

Pitch Curve: for 1 through 5 SET ALL NUMBERS TO 0% , and expo to Inh. THIS IS IMPORTANT it essentially disables the pitch controls, and without this step, the radio setup will not work.

Gyro: Inhibit

Tail Curve: Inhibit

Mixing: THIS IS IMPORTANT. you need to create a mix to control the panic function.
Create a mix that reads as follows:

-I- > PIT
Rate: 0% - 100%
offset: 100%

Switch: Switch I

this tells the radio to send a value of 100 to the pitch channel of the heli when you hit the "panic" button, which is what the heli needs to see to activate the panic mode. without this mix - you have no panic button.

You can now exit to the main screen. Go into the menu and select monitor. If you have done things correctly, on the right side of the screen will be GER (gear) and PIT (pitch). the values should read as follows:

"B" switch, or whichever 3 position switch you used for flight modes (on display as GER):
0 position: 100
1 position: 0
2 position: -100

"I" switch (on display as PIT):
unpressed: -100
pressed: 100

I have personally tested this setup, and can confirm it work on the New DX6 when used with the 200SRX.

And there you have it, full control of a 200SRX in Heli mode on a DX6. Now you dont have to look at an airplane on your screen, you'll have a picture of a Heli

You can download this file below, and upload to your radio via an SD card. this file does NOT have any dual rates, expo, or servo adjustments done to it - it simply has the necessary programming & mixing necessary to control the 200SRX functions. i HIGHLY recommend performing a trim flight, and setting up any dual rates to suit your needs.
Attached Files
File Type: spm 003~1 200 SRX (HELI).SPM (25.0 KB, 567 views)

Last edited by wkderf; 10-23-2014 at 03:33 PM..
wkderf is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2014, 03:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow, that's way more setup work than necessary but if that picture bothers you that much...
Old 10-21-2014, 09:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

being in heli mode also allows you to set up a throttle hold switch, which I know a lot of heli pilots prefer. if you've ever accidentally hit your throttle while working on or around your heli, you realize the usefulness of a throttle hold.
Old 10-21-2014, 09:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkderf View Post
being in heli mode also allows you to set up a throttle hold switch, which I know a lot of heli pilots prefer. if you've ever accidentally hit your throttle while working on or around your heli, you realize the usefulness of a throttle hold.
You can do that in acro mode too. As a matter of fact, I have mine setup to speak "throttle hold" when I hit it and "normal mode" when I turn it off. Add to that, I have my controller set to give the alarm, "throttle high" if I ever turn it on and the throttle stick is not all the way down and it also warns me if the throttle switch is not set to on. All of these settings are available with the 200SRX setup in acro mode with my DX6, the same exact one you have.
Old 10-21-2014, 09:52 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

well then,

I just do it for the HELI image

Still worth it. Just sayin
Old 10-21-2014, 09:58 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's all good.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:02 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

and for the record, i think there SHOULD be a programming option on the DX6/9/18 for FIXED PITCH HELIS.

yeah sure, you can set it up in aero mode and it works just fine, BUT ITS A HELICOPTER - NOT AN AIRPLANE.

setting it up in aero mode is simply taking the easy way out.

Its as if the engineers at Spektrum didn't feel like taking an extra 2 min to create a fixed pitch option in the menus, which I guess they figure isn't needed because ANY heli pilot would OBVIOUSLY only fly Collective Pitched craft, and fixed pitch guys should just use whatever transmitter their RTF came with. They dont realize that not everyone in the hobby is an advanced flyer who only does crazy 3D. It goes along with the way their manual is worded - they make the assumption you are an expert, and clearly no "expert" would be interested in flying a fixed pitched heli.

its an unfair bias, and it needs to stop!

haha, ok, end of rant
daveisdiving likes this.

Last edited by wkderf; 10-23-2014 at 03:33 PM..
Old 10-21-2014, 10:12 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

You the man wkderf I can shop sweating and hyperventilating now when I turn on my tx lol
C68stang is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2014, 11:04 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by C68stang View Post
You the man wkderf I can shop sweating and hyperventilating now when I turn on my tx lol
haha, it bothered me to look down and see a plane instead of a heli too.

it bothered me enough to sit down for several hours to work out the programming.

and now I get to pass my knowledge forward to others who shared in my frustration
daveisdiving likes this.
Old 11-02-2014, 01:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default unfair bias

Quote:
and for the record, i think there SHOULD be a programming option on the DX6/9/18 for FIXED PITCH HELIS.

yeah sure, you can set it up in aero mode and it works just fine, BUT ITS A HELICOPTER - NOT AN AIRPLANE.

setting it up in aero mode is simply taking the easy way out.

Its as if the engineers at Spektrum didn't feel like taking an extra 2 min to create a fixed pitch option in the menus, which I guess they figure isn't needed because ANY heli pilot would OBVIOUSLY only fly Collective Pitched craft, and fixed pitch guys should just use whatever transmitter their RTF came with. They dont realize that not everyone in the hobby is an advanced flyer who only does crazy 3D. It goes along with the way their manual is worded - they make the assumption you are an expert, and clearly no "expert" would be interested in flying a fixed pitched heli.

its an unfair bias, and it needs to stop!

haha, ok, end of rant
I too agree on this. I just purchased the DX6, received help from Archmage on setup.
I own blade MSR, MSR-X, and the 200 srx. I purchased the msr and x to help me learn
to fly the 200 srx which I had some bad flights. Realizing it is my lack of pilot skill.

After purchase DX6, pondered certain aspects of programming. With my confusion I called Horizon Hobby
(the manual is not helpful for the first time user)
The tech told me " the helicopter mode WILL NOT WORK on the msr.
I DOES work, today a entered a setup for the first time. Had no success linking my
DR & Expo to switch G. I tried switch D and that worked. Eventually I will find out why
switch G did not work. Before I did any setup, I updated my DX6 successfully to version
1.01. Perhaps some changes occurred the update?

I feel setting up a small bird such as the MSR doesn't require such an elaborate method as I have choose, but,
jumping in to programming this transmitter requires patience and others help that Horizon has not been able to provide.
brooksen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2014, 06:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Will the .spm file work with a DX9? I'm pretty much a dumb ass as far using these files
Thanks for the detailed description
I prefer my helis to be setup in heli mode just because!!!!!!!
TT E-620 SE x 2: Scorpion 4025-740 200srx, nano qx JR Parkmites x 2
Jamesppp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2014, 08:03 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

this should work just fine on the DX9.

loading it is pretty simple. drag & drop the file onto an SD card (it helps if the SD card has no other files on it). once you have it loaded, eject the SD from your computer, load it into the DX9, turn the transmitter on, and from the system settings menu select transfer SD card. from there, under options, select import model. then select the model you loaded from your computer, hit enter, and you should be good to go!

Glad I could help!
Old 11-05-2014, 11:41 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Saving attachment

Thank you for all your hard programing work. How do I save attachment. When I try it saves in php format. Please help and thanks again
mjfoxpdx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2014, 07:02 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjfoxpdx View Post
Thank you for all your hard programing work. How do I save attachment. When I try it saves in php format. Please help and thanks again
you should just be able to click the link, and it will automatically download in the proper format. dont right click the link, as it may change the file format.
Old 11-19-2014, 08:16 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
you should just be able to click the link, and it will automatically download in the proper format. dont right click the link, as it may change the file format.

Your success inspired me to order the DX6! I am curious though..... will the AR636H receiver transmit any telemetry back to the DX6? In case your are not familiar, the 636 is the receiver that the 200SR X uses. Thanks for the inspiration and guidance!
Bill_Van is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2014, 05:24 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Van View Post
Your success inspired me to order the DX6! I am curious though..... will the AR636H receiver transmit any telemetry back to the DX6? In case your are not familiar, the 636 is the receiver that the 200SR X uses. Thanks for the inspiration and guidance!
The AR636H receiver WILL transmit telemetry back to the DX6 which is helpful when making adjustments in the advanced settings of the receiver. rather than have to rely on swashplate positions, you can use the telemetry readout to see a specific numeric value for the settings.

I have been VERY happy with my DX6, and is worlds beyond the DX6i that I was using prior. The ability to load, save, & transfer model information via SD card is a big feature, not to mention a user interface that isn't terrible, as they all too often can be.

Enjoy your new radio!
Old 11-22-2014, 11:51 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default WOW!

Quote:
The AR636H receiver WILL transmit telemetry back to the DX6 which is helpful when making adjustments in the advanced settings of the receiver. rather than have to rely on swashplate positions, you can use the telemetry readout to see a specific numeric value for the settings.

I have been VERY happy with my DX6, and is worlds beyond the DX6i that I was using prior. The ability to load, save, & transfer model information via SD card is a big feature, not to mention a user interface that isn't terrible, as they all too often can be.

Enjoy your new radio!
My DX6 arrived yesterday....rainy and nasty today so a perfect day to set up a transmitter! Thanks to you and your file, it was easier than I ever imagined! I'll admit, I was a little intimidated with the current crop of transmitters but after I loaded your file, the "light" came on and everything made sense. A little guidance and having the component in your hands makes a huge difference. Got the Throttle Hold assigned and tested and was pleased to see it actually worked first time!

Not an expert yet, but I'm well on my way to understanding what each function affects and I like it!

I do need to ask a couple of questions......

1. I am assuming that the gain settings don't display in the telemetry screen until you go into the adjustment mode. Is that correct?

2. Do I get into the adjustment mode by holding panic and then powering on the DX6? Just like the RTF transmitter?

3. Is there a telemetry module that works with the 200srx that would send data back to the TX?

Thanks again for everything!
Old 11-22-2014, 01:42 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Van View Post
My DX6 arrived yesterday....rainy and nasty today so a perfect day to set up a transmitter! Thanks to you and your file, it was easier than I ever imagined! I'll admit, I was a little intimidated with the current crop of transmitters but after I loaded your file, the "light" came on and everything made sense. A little guidance and having the component in your hands makes a huge difference. Got the Throttle Hold assigned and tested and was pleased to see it actually worked first time!

Not an expert yet, but I'm well on my way to understanding what each function affects and I like it!

I do need to ask a couple of questions......

1. I am assuming that the gain settings don't display in the telemetry screen until you go into the adjustment mode. Is that correct?

2. Do I get into the adjustment mode by holding panic and then powering on the DX6? Just like the RTF transmitter?

3. Is there a telemetry module that works with the 200srx that would send data back to the TX?

Thanks again for everything!
1: yes, thats correct. Gain settings won't display on your transmitter unless you are in the adjustment mode.

2: NO. to enter the advanced settings mode on the 200SRX, you need to power up the transmitter & 200 as if you are going to fly it. once you are ready to fly, move both joysticks to the lower right hand corner of the gimbal, and press the panic button until the swashplate tilts in a 360 degree pattern. once it does, you can release the sticks, and the 200srx will be in gain adjustment mode.

3: essentially, your dx6 is telemetry "ready" meaning it has the capability to transmit the data, but to actually receive data, you need a module to send it. there are telemetry modules that will send data back to the DX6, but it requires both the purchase of the main telemetry module, and then a sensor for each individual thing you want to monitor (flight pack voltage, temp, altitude, etc.)
Old 11-22-2014, 01:48 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
1: yes, thats correct. Gain settings won't display on your transmitter unless you are in the adjustment mode.

2: NO. to enter the advanced settings mode on the 200SRX, you need to power up the transmitter & 200 as if you are going to fly it. once you are ready to fly, move both joysticks to the lower right hand corner of the gimbal, and press the panic button until the swashplate tilts in a 360 degree pattern. once it does, you can release the sticks, and the 200srx will be in gain adjustment mode.

3: essentially, your dx6 is telemetry "ready" meaning it has the capability to transmit the data, but to actually receive data, you need a module to send it. there are telemetry modules that will send data back to the DX6, but it requires both the purchase of the main telemetry module, and then a sensor for each individual thing you want to monitor (flight pack voltage, temp, altitude, etc.)
Ok, Got it! I'll look around for the telemetry module and sensors. Probably don't need them but just another aspect to play with. Thanks again!
Old 11-22-2014, 05:02 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

not a problem. glad I could help.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in