Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 180CFX

180CFX Blade 180CFX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2014, 11:09 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG1 View Post
Hi,when one of the main guys from HH come this forum to help,then I'm gonna ask questions! I'm sure there big enough to take some stick and a joke! If not,then I don't think they would go on here.anyway,Brian gave the answers we have all been asking.
While you are quite right to ask questions, many of the HH staff that used to frequent these forums have left due to the bashing they often get, particularly when a new product is released. That's a great shame, as the HH staff don't have to bother if they don't want to, but a few still do, in order to try and help us out.

Sure, It's frustrating when things don't work out as we would hope, but that's not the fault of any one HH employee.

Just bare two things in mind:-

1) The staff from Blade who still do frequent these forums are, for want of a better term, cogs in a very big machine, they are not in charge of making the big decisions, they can no more influence what HH does any more than you or I.

2) What one person would consider a joke, another person can be offended by, so lets keep things civil and respectful please.

Note: I'm not directing these comments at you, or anyone in particular. It's just a general comment, I'm not having a go at anyone.

MB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2014, 11:20 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebaker View Post
Why not use the 8FG instead?
I am mate,but the module is only 6CH,so it's like a DX6i
Futaba 8FG
JAG1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2014, 11:28 AM   #43 (permalink)
hhp
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayakboy69 View Post
I love this ! You guys will spend hundreds on a heli and then say or wives will have a come apart over a data cable .. funny.
hhp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2014, 11:43 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I am mate,but the module is only 6CH,so it's like a DX6i
Damn, that's unlucky. I use the OrangeRx module with my Taranis and I believe that supports 7+ channels.

Have you tried the Futaba compatible OrangeRx module. That might solve your problems. Not straight forward though as it involves wiring it up since you don't have an external module to swap.
stevebaker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2014, 11:43 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miracle Boy View Post
While you are quite right to ask questions, many of the HH staff that used to frequent these forums have left due to the bashing they often get, particularly when a new product is released. That's a great shame, as the HH staff don't have to bother if they don't want to, but a few still do, in order to try and help us out.

Sure, It's frustrating when things don't work out as we would hope, but that's not the fault of any one HH employee.

Just bare two things in mind:-

1) The staff from Blade who still do frequent these forums are, for want of a better term, cogs in a very big machine, they are not in charge of making the big decisions, they can no more influence what HH does any more than you or I.

2) What one person would consider a joke, another person can be offended by, so lets keep things civil and respectful please.

Note: I'm not directing these comments at you, or anyone in particular. It's just a general comment, I'm not having a go at anyone.

MB
Hi,this is clearly aimed at me! Direct Questions had to asked,and Brian was happy to help.also brian knows I was making a joke,so let's just stay on topic fella.
This is a great forum and the last thing I want to do is upset anyone mate.
Futaba 8FG
Old 11-05-2014, 12:05 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian James View Post
The update will not cost anything, but you will need this cable:
http://www.horizonhobby.com/product/...rface-spma3065
By the way, where do we get this cable in the UK? According to the Spektrum site, there are no resellers of this cable in the UK, so how are we expected to upgrade the firmware? The only one I've managed to find is the SPMA3060 which looks the same except it has the small connector at the end that looks like it will plug directly into the board :-

storrm is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2014, 12:10 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hi,this is clearly aimed at me! Direct Questions had to asked,and Brian was happy to help.also brian knows I was making a joke,so let's just stay on topic fella.
This is a great forum and the last thing I want to do is upset anyone mate.
Mate, I put a note at the bottom to say that it's just a general comment, I can assure you I'm NOT having a go at you. I know you didn't upset anyone, I'm not saying you did.

I had no intention of upsetting you, the only reason I quoted your comment was so that other readers would have a reference to what I was on about, that's all.

MB
Old 11-05-2014, 12:12 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by storrm View Post
By the way, where do we get this cable in the UK? According to the Spektrum site, there are no resellers of this cable in the UK, so how are we expected to upgrade the firmware? The only one I've managed to find is the SPMA3060 which looks the same except it has the small connector at the end that looks like it will plug directly into the board :-

I just ordered mine from Wheelspin Models

http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/230648/

MB
Old 11-05-2014, 12:20 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miracle Boy View Post
Mate, I put a note at the bottom to say that it's just a general comment, I can assure you I'm NOT having a go at you. I know you didn't upset anyone, I'm not saying you did.

I had no intention of upsetting you, the only reason I quoted your comment was so that other readers would have a reference to what I was on about, that's all.

MB
It's fine mate,no worries.
BTW Ive ordered my data cable from wheelspin models,but doesn't look like that one in the photo?
Futaba 8FG
Old 11-05-2014, 01:08 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm expecting both to work, the only difference being the SPMA3060 has the small connector which I assume connects to one of the ports, whilst the SPMA3065 can connect via the binding plug port. Can Brian confirm if he's loitering?
storrm is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2014, 02:48 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
It's fine mate,no worries.
BTW Ive ordered my data cable from wheelspin models,but doesn't look like that one in the photo?
O.K. Cool mate

That photo is the one that Storm posted. If you look at the one in the Wheelspin Models link, that's the right one.

MB
Old 11-05-2014, 02:50 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ive ordered the same one as you mate.lets hope it works ok??

cheers
Futaba 8FG
Old 11-05-2014, 02:53 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by storrm View Post
I'm expecting both to work, the only difference being the SPMA3060 has the small connector which I assume connects to one of the ports, whilst the SPMA3065 can connect via the binding plug port. Can Brian confirm if he's loitering?
I read somewhere (Wasn't HF forums) that the 3065 has a proprietary chip on it for the AS3X to USB communication. I would have thought that if the SPMA3060 would work with this AR6335 FLB unit James Hayley would have said to buy either the 3060 or the 3065, but he specifically stated that the 3065 was needed for flashing.

MB
Old 11-05-2014, 02:56 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Ive ordered the same one as you mate.lets hope it works ok??

cheers
Well, it's the one they told us we would need to buy, So unless HH have messed that up as well................

EDIT:- BTW, Totally off topic, but I've just built a 450L and put a Vx1n in it. Not flown it yet, other than and indoor hover to check for vibes, but I love the set up process with the Datapod. Very fast and easy to do!!

MB
Old 11-05-2014, 03:04 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

mate,quick off topic-the vortex is awesome! best FBL unit ive ever had! i don't think ive done anything to mine since i fitted it to my 550 nearly a year ago! it just works mate
Futaba 8FG
Old 11-05-2014, 03:08 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good to Know!! I doubt I'll get a chance to fly the 450L this year, thanks to our poor Scottish weather, but I'm sure looking forward to trying it out. If all goes well, I'll buy a Vx1e and replace the BeastX I have in my 250 to loose a bit more weight.

Right, better get back on topic

MB
Old 11-05-2014, 04:29 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Help with tail twitch.

I received my 180x today and it flies great out of the box, with one exception. I
Have seen a couple of th vids in this thread and fortunately I don't have any problem with wobble, which is corrected by blade balancing. My only issue so far after three batteries of flying, is exactly like the tail twitch I saw in the videos. Tail responds great in N or IU, had slight back and forth which almost disappeared by lowering gyro gain from 75 to 72.5. The tail twitch is intermittent and annoying. Much better out of the box than my 130, but I'd like to know if anyone else has found the fix for this issue. Love it so far.
Birdmanpa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2014, 05:28 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Come on mate,don't be silly.
If they had held back the release date,flashed the firmware at the factory,then we wouldn't feel hard done by.but now we have to buy a data cable! And HH haven't even put there hands up to this and said sorry guys are mistake!

Cheers mate
Your giving blade too much credit bonny lad. I think they had no clue about this until the freaks told them of the problem. I've come to a conclusion over the last couple of years that there is a disjoint between the face of Blade we know, ie the North Americans and the guys in China who build this stuff. I bet the faces are just as dissappointed as you guys that are waiting for a fix.
wab223 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2014, 05:39 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by wab223 View Post
Your giving blade too much credit bonny lad. I think they had no clue about this until the freaks told them of the problem. I've come to a conclusion over the last couple of years that there is a disjoint between the face of Blade we know, ie the North Americans and the guys in China who build this stuff. I bet the faces are just as dissappointed as you guys that are waiting for a fix.
I'd normally agree with this, I'm sure many of the past problems have been down to a change of specification by the suppliers, unknown to blade

But I can't believe that no one at Blade said "Aux 2, hmm, how do we do that on a 6 channel TX?"
toys2cars2toys is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2014, 05:29 AM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

And that should be printed on the box so people with brand new dx6 would know, they say there working on this, this should have been done before it hit the stores, HH new

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in