Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 700X

Blade 700X Blade 700X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2014, 01:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Blade 700X on final approach...

..to the dust bin of RC helicopter history.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/700-x-pr...combo-blh5725c

$1099 for pro series combo minus esc in the HH clearance bin. Perhaps already below $1000 with coupons?

We have seen it before, $29 bnf mqx, $79 bnf mcpx, $99 RTF Blade SR Huey, $225 BNF 500 3D, $459 B600X combo. (all prices historical approximations using coupons)

The last person to buy gets the best deal. The next person after the last person comes up dry.

Anyone care to guess the last, best price on the 700X combo minus ESC?

Everyone know their personal "buy" price? What is YOUR personal buy trigger?

Mine is $599.99. It would have to get very low before I can bear the wrath of wife. I hope you all buy them out before then. Go get em guys.
megawhacker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2014, 05:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well it's official, I'm pulling the pin on Blade. No more purchases other than 550x parts as it's an awesome machine. Maybe I'll even retire it and not give HH any more parts $. I have a 700 en route, glad it's not a Blade. I'm feeling that vindictive, kinda blows but thats the way it goes I guess. They went too far by saying they're going to kickass with the pro series then just dump us with no communication. Shame on you HH, shame on you!!

Over and out Horizon!!

A once very good customer

Steve
Old 12-03-2014, 07:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I bet companies won't be so eager to produce upgraded parts for new Blade products in the future.
puppydog_taz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2014, 08:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashcopterman View Post
Well it's official, I'm pulling the pin on Blade. No more purchases other than 550x parts as it's an awesome machine. Maybe I'll even retire it and not give HH any more parts $. I have a 700 en route, glad it's not a Blade. I'm feeling that vindictive, kinda blows but thats the way it goes I guess. They went too far by saying they're going to kickass with the pro series then just dump us with no communication. Shame on you HH, shame on you!!

Over and out Horizon!!

Steve
Same here...I don't think I'll buy anymore planks from them either...
vebbyson is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2014, 09:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow. Sissy america and its frivoulous lawsuits win again.
Curt S is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2014, 08:46 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt S View Post
This is what happens when greed and "zero tolerance polcies" rule America.

Greed drives the lawsuits, zero tolerance policies allow them.

Americans need to wake up and realize that sometimes bad shit happens, and we don't always need a scapegoat to publicly lynch to make us all feel better.

Lynx Team Pilot
Pitch-Itch is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2014, 12:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt S View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavisBladeWorks View Post
This is what happens when greed and "zero tolerance polcies" rule America.

Greed drives the lawsuits, zero tolerance policies allow them.

Americans need to wake up and realize that sometimes bad shit happens, and we don't always need a scapegoat to publicly lynch to make us all feel better.
Don't know where you guys get all this stuff from, but I'll bet the real reason is that they just didn't sell enough of the large helis (500X on up) to justify the production. Simple as that, no conspiracies needed.

Just normal American capitalism.
ahahn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2014, 03:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahahn View Post
Don't know where you guys get all this stuff from, but I'll bet the real reason is that they just didn't sell enough of the large helis (500X on up) to justify the production. Simple as that, no conspiracies needed.

Just normal American capitalism.
They've stated twice that they got out due to liability with large helis...

Lynx Team Pilot
Pitch-Itch is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2014, 03:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashcopterman View Post

Over and out Horizon!!

Steve
I can't help but feel somewhat the same way. I understand that if a product doesn't fly off the shelf it's not worth the hassle to keep it around, but for them to go silent on this matter is a real kick in the nuts. Maybe fate brought my 450L dominator to me at IRCHA this year. I have been having blast flying it and it is a bad ass design! It's only a matter of time before Align or some other brand starts making mega micros and puts competition in that market too. If there's such a huge market for the micros they'd be simple not to. The 150 dfc was Align's first attempt at a 3d micro, and from what I understand, it's not a bad little heli for being their first attempt. I have a feeling there will be more to come. Bottom line is, just like helicopter companies are looking for loyal pilots, I'm looking for a loyal helicopter brand. Turning your back on consumers just because you're afraid the remaining stock won't sell isn't being very loyal to me. This revealed a new side of HH that I hoped I would never see. Ouch

-Give a man a helicopter and he flies for a day. Teach a man to fly helicopters and he flies for a lifetime!
BadVad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2014, 03:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think that the Blade Pro Series was a very brave move for HH and I applaud them for trying. I have really enjoyed my 550x over the past 1.5 years and look forward to flying it until spares are no longer available.

No crying over spilt milk or bad feelings towards HH for me. Now all my main large heli's have been discontinued, lol! MA Ion-x, TT x50e, and 550x. Still have lots of stockpiled Ion-x bits, X50e and 550x parts are still easy to get and I don't intend to stockpile parts for these. I'll run them until parts are not available, then just move on.

Cheers,
TomC
Now also a FPV addict; Quads and Planes (soon to try heli's!)
TomC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2014, 04:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am a big fan. clearly... I supported them tell people how great they are... and support wise they are but for the first time this is a major let down in communication and honesty.

I really feel like they let the fan base down on this one. The worst part about this that this hobby thrives on recommendations and "word of mouth"/. I would have thought they would have come out saying something clear or at least some minor insight of what is going on with the whole pro series. I have held off as long as I could with buying a large heli for Xmas.

A simple "we are no longer in this" would be fine.... What gets me is even the team pilots I bet are wondering more as well. They cannot recommend anything I bet at this time either.

I would love to see them stay in this but who knows what is going on with it.
Mikado Logo 700/Synergy 516\Vbar Vcontrol Touch/Neo/RCHN #612 IRCHA#5289
Iskareot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2014, 05:24 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC View Post
I think that the Blade Pro Series was a very brave move for HH and I applaud them for trying. I have really enjoyed my 550x over the past 1.5 years and look forward to flying it until spares are no longer available.

No crying over spilt milk or bad feelings towards HH for me. Now all my main large heli's have been discontinued, lol! MA Ion-x, TT x50e, and 550x. Still have lots of stockpiled Ion-x bits, X50e and 550x parts are still easy to get and I don't intend to stockpile parts for these. I'll run them until parts are not available, then just move on.

Cheers,
TomC
+1

I bought my Blade 500 3D fully aware the model had been discontinued. I bought my Blade 600X fully aware the model had been discontinued. I was fully aware of the talk over the Pro Series lineup being discontinued entirely. I bought an extra 600X kit for parts, which will practically pay for itself in the canopy and blades, alone. Like TomC, I will fly my Blade 500 and Blade 600 until I can't get parts for them anymore. I certainly am not in a position to complain because I bought both birds and applicable parts fully aware they had been discontinued.

I understand the frustration here, guys, but there's nothing abnormal going on in the way Blade has chosen to discontinue the Pro Series lineup. If a company per-maturely announces that a product lineup is being discontinued, they risk difficulty in liquidating their current inventory. Some companies choose to make an early announcement anyways; that is entirely their choice based on their own business models. It doesn't require a business degree to figure that out. They aren't legally obligated to tell us their business strategy. I would recommend you all just enjoy your birds and fly the heck out of them. Once parts become scarce, simply move onto other brands. I'm moving over to TSA Models and will be building a TSA 700N Platinum this winter for a first dip into owning a nitro heli. To make a long story short, chill. Life goes on.

Uriah is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2014, 06:55 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Horizon may as well setup shop at the 450 and under site at IRCHA next year!

-Give a man a helicopter and he flies for a day. Teach a man to fly helicopters and he flies for a lifetime!
BadVad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2014, 06:44 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

a whole lot of assumption going on in this thread...................
raisinjack is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2014, 10:12 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Do u have any insight, or are you just adding more assumption?
Curt S is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2014, 03:20 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Sick 700x at ohb

Looks like James brought his 700x to ohb. Blade helis Facebook page had an interesting post about how they still are making helis.
Old 12-05-2014, 04:16 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

I did not see the post from James about still "making helis" which yeah there is some models they are still making as of now.

Not sure what will all stay is the question.
Mikado Logo 700/Synergy 516\Vbar Vcontrol Touch/Neo/RCHN #612 IRCHA#5289
Iskareot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2014, 05:10 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

I originally wondered if Blade was going to upgrade their Pro Series lineup to include the upcoming AR7300BX and HV servos, but the lasting silence from the field reps on all of the Pro Series products has left me to conclude none other than the entire series is being discontinued. I'd love to be wrong, though.

Uriah is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2014, 05:44 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

"If it barks like a dog..."
Precipitate is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2014, 06:21 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's on blade helis official page under the ohb pics and its blade saying it not James, but it's James' heli

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in