350QX~TX Setups & Files Here. - Page 2 - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > Blade Multirotor Support > 350QX

350QX Blade 350QX Multirotor Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2014, 09:03 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default DX8 and QX3 v3

I have spent hours playing with my DX8 trying to get Smart Mode / AP Mode / and Stability Mode on the Flight Mode 3 position switch with a 2 position switch to invoke RTH regardless where the F Mode switch is. I can’t seem to get my head around the DX8 mixing. I have had a play with the Agility mode (Devil Mode!), stability mode is quite exciting enough for the moment… Maybe this cant be done with the v3 and DX8? Is this possible?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2014, 09:39 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Setting up this mix should do the trick to get the DX8 to force RTH in version 3:

Mix # (pick an open Mix number)

GER > GER
Rate: -100%
0%
Offset: -100%
Trim: Inh
Switch: whichever one you choose that accepts a Mix (I used Ele D/R for testing)

Give it a try and let us know if it works!
flightengr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2014, 10:32 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by flightengr View Post
Setting up this mix should do the trick to get the DX8 to force RTH in version 3:

Mix # (pick an open Mix number)

GER > GER
Rate: -100%
0%
Offset: -100%
Trim: Inh
Switch: whichever one you choose that accepts a Mix (I used Ele D/R for testing)

Give it a try and let us know if it works!
Thanks Flightengr, That works but does not for all flight modes, suspect my mix for 0%, 100%, & 125% is interacting? What I am looking for is:-
FM0=0% for Smart
FM1=100% for AP
FM2=125% for Stability
And
Gear 01 up to give -100% in all flight modes
Old 12-30-2014, 07:21 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzDean1600 View Post
I got a dx6 for Xmas, I am using the 350qx5W/stability file, which works fine. I am trying to add this "pan" to switch D, but just can't seem to make it work. I have read thru the pdf, but no luck for this old "newbi" any tips you can offer would be appreciated. The slow smooth pan is a great idea.
Dean
Well lets see if we can teach an "old 'newbi' " a new trick.

Function List > Mixing > P-Mix #:

Once there you can choose either Normal or Curve then set up as in the pics.
Curve is the pic with the graph.

I used 10% because I was testing and wanted to see the results of the mix quickly. flightengr used 5% in his mix and felt that may be a little fast, so adjust to your liking.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20141230_164530.jpg (49.7 KB, 78 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20141230_164547.jpg (65.6 KB, 65 views)
PawnDMonium is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2014, 02:20 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinny View Post
Well lets see if we can teach an "old 'newbi' " a new trick.

Function List > Mixing > P-Mix #:

Once there you can choose either Normal or Curve then set up as in the pics.
Curve is the pic with the graph.

I used 10% because I was testing and wanted to see the results of the mix quickly. flightengr used 5% in his mix and felt that may be a little fast, so adjust to your liking.
First, thanks for the help. Should we take this offline, or start another thread so not to change the intent of the OP for this thread?
When I go to function list then mixing, then select pmix#1 I cannot seem to choose between normal or curve. The screen always looks like the one you posted for mix2. I am able to set mix2 to look like the one you posted in the second screen shot.
Dean
vzDean1600 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2015, 06:41 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

After looking at the dx6 manual I see there is not an option for curve. If you have it set up as the Mix2 pic than it should work fine. Feel free to PM me if you have another question so as not to derail this thread.
PawnDMonium is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2015, 09:48 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default 350QX v2 ~ DX18 SPM File Update.

As title with added 20% expo on cyclic for 3D flight mode.

Expo i have set to 20% a safe setting is always best between zero & 25% if you need to change this you will need to do it for aile & elev by entering DR/Expo then switch H 'on' to highlight expo settings, H off deactivates expo when 3D mode is not used.

I've added the file to my first post #1
Trex 600Ndfc Gpro, Trex 600E Pro Gpro.
tourerjim is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2015, 10:40 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

I finally got a setup working for the 350 QX3 and a DX8 that gives you all of the flight modes. However, due to some limitations in the DX8, I had to change the primary flight mode switch from F Mode to Flap. So the flight modes work as follows:

Flap Switch position 0, F Mode Switch position 0 = Smart Mode
Flap Switch position 1, F Mode Switch any position = AP Mode
Flap Switch position 2, F Mode Switch any position = Return to Home
Flap Switch position 0, F Mode Switch position 1 = Stability Mode
Flap Switch position 0, F Mode Switch position 2= Agility Mode

Similar to my other posts, the Stagility Mix is on the Mix switch and should only be used in Stability Mode.

I added low rates to this one on the AIL D/R Switch, position 1.

EDIT: Frostman83 discovered that if you use a value of +110% for Stability Mode instead of +125% (yes, that works!) then the Stagility Mix is a little less sensitive. That's set in Mix 1 - change 25% to 10%.

NOTE: Click on the SPM file link below to get your browser to download it. You can't right-click the mouse and "Save Target As..." because the forum will give you a PHP file if you do that!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Set Up DX8 for 350 QX3.pdf (126.7 KB, 445 views)
File Type: spm 350QX3.SPM (8.5 KB, 319 views)

Last edited by flightengr; 01-05-2015 at 09:19 AM..
Old 01-03-2015, 02:39 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I finally got a setup working for the 350 QX3 and a DX8 that gives you all of the flight modes. However, due to some limitations in the DX8, I had to change the primary flight mode switch from F Mode to Flap. So the flight modes work as follows:

Similar to my other posts, the Stagility Mix is on the Mix switch and should only be used in Stability Mode.

NOTE: Click on the SPM file link below to get your browser to download it. You can't right-click the mouse and "Save Target As..." because the forum will give you a PHP file if you do that!

Does this new setup help with agility mode kicking in as soon as you move the cyclic stick ?
woodbine-rc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2015, 02:54 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodbine-rc View Post
Does this new setup help with agility mode kicking in as soon as you move the cyclic stick ?
No, it's got the same mix setup for Stagility as my other files.
Old 01-03-2015, 04:40 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
No, it's got the same mix setup for Stagility as my other files.
Is Stagility the Blue mode on the 350qx v3,same mode as v2's Stability Blue mode.
Old 01-03-2015, 04:48 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Stagility isn't a true flight mode on any version of the 350 QX. It's only a mix on the transmitter.

You start in Stability Mode (blue LED), and with the mix turned on, the flight mode will change from Stability to Agility (red LED) as you move the elevator/aileron stick away from the center and towards the edge. The whole idea is to enable Agility Mode briefly in order to allow the quad to flip over, but then as soon as you let off the stick and let it return to center, Stability Mode kicks back in to help level the quad and lock it back into a relatively stable hover.

I have seen some transmitter setups where a flight mode setting is called "Stagility". What's really happening there is that the flight mode is set for Stability Mode but the mix for turning on Stagility is associated with the same switch and position.

Last edited by flightengr; 01-03-2015 at 06:40 PM..
Old 01-03-2015, 05:46 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Thanks....to bad you could not keep it closer to the QX2 setup.....I have 2 of these and if I buy a QX3 its a pain but will work I guess....I really don't care about the Agility mode...if you did not want this mode could it be set up closer to the QX2?
Roddie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2015, 06:33 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roddie View Post
Thanks....to bad you could not keep it closer to the QX2 setup.....I have 2 of these and if I buy a QX3 its a pain but will work I guess....I really don't care about the Agility mode...if you did not want this mode could it be set up closer to the QX2?
I thought about that, but the challenge is that the DX8 limits which switches can be used to activate a mix. The Flap switch cannot activate a mix, but the F Mode switch can. That's why I had move the primary switch to Flap, so that I could use mixing to add Stability and Agility on a second switch.

The closest you could get would be to put F Mode back as the primary switch (in Switch Select, assign F Mode to the Gear channel instead of Flap), and then set up Mix 1 to be activated by the Elev D/R switch. When you use one of the D/R switches for a mix, it's treated like a two-position switch (another limitation of the DX8 I ran into). So the mix is active in both position 1 and position 2. That works for four flight modes but not five. Anyway, that would get you Stability Mode on the Elev D/R switch. Then you could remove Mix 2 (set the Switch to Inh) which would take away Agility Mode.

I've always thought very highly of the DX8, and this is the first time I've encountered these issues with the software. To be fair, this is the most I've ever played with mixing on it. When the DX8 was designed a few years ago, I guess they never thought of doing all of this mixing across switches. I'm sure traditionally that mixing was done between two stick inputs (like Aileron > Rudder) or a stick input and a switch. The DX6/9/18 software is more forward-thinking and doesn't have these limitations with mixing or with switch assignments.
Old 01-04-2015, 03:23 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I thought about that, but the challenge is that the DX8 limits which switches can be used to activate a mix. The Flap switch cannot activate a mix, but the F Mode switch can. That's why I had move the primary switch to Flap, so that I could use mixing to add Stability and Agility on a second switch.

The closest you could get would be to put F Mode back as the primary switch (in Switch Select, assign F Mode to the Gear channel instead of Flap), and then set up Mix 1 to be activated by the Elev D/R switch. When you use one of the D/R switches for a mix, it's treated like a two-position switch (another limitation of the DX8 I ran into). So the mix is active in both position 1 and position 2. That works for four flight modes but not five. Anyway, that would get you Stability Mode on the Elev D/R switch. Then you could remove Mix 2 (set the Switch to Inh) which would take away Agility Mode.

I've always thought very highly of the DX8, and this is the first time I've encountered these issues with the software. To be fair, this is the most I've ever played with mixing on it. When the DX8 was designed a few years ago, I guess they never thought of doing all of this mixing across switches. I'm sure traditionally that mixing was done between two stick inputs (like Aileron > Rudder) or a stick input and a switch. The DX6/9/18 software is more forward-thinking and doesn't have these limitations with mixing or with switch assignments.
Is there only 3 mixes for the DX8 & only the one model DX8...?
Old 01-04-2015, 03:28 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Stagility isn't a true flight mode on any version of the 350 QX. It's only a mix on the transmitter.

You start in Stability Mode (blue LED), and with the mix turned on, the flight mode will change from Stability to Agility (red LED) as you move the elevator/aileron stick away from the center and towards the edge. The whole idea is to enable Agility Mode briefly in order to allow the quad to flip over, but then as soon as you let off the stick and let it return to center, Stability Mode kicks back in to help level the quad and lock it back into a relatively stable hover.

I have seen some transmitter setups where a flight mode setting is called "Stagility". What's really happening there is that the flight mode is set for Stability Mode but the mix for turning on Stagility is associated with the same switch and position.
Arr ok that's the setup Ive got for my 350QX v2 & now setting up same for v3.
Old 01-12-2015, 03:51 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 350QX v3 3D ~ DX9/18

Tested the long awaited SPM v3 file, see #1 for setup and #27 for expo.

In Channel Config use spare aux channels for Gimbal setup.
Attached Files
File Type: spm 001~350QXv3 3D.SPM (23.5 KB, 57 views)
Old 01-19-2015, 07:12 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

EDIT: Frostman83 discovered that if you use a value of +110% for Stability Mode instead of +125% (yes, that works!) then the Stagility Mix is a little less sensitive. That's set in Mix 1 - change 25% to 10%.

So I'm using this setup except I don't ever use agility so I made FM2 run as stability with Stagility mixes turned on. Now I have safe, stability, stagility on that switch. However, I can't get into compass calibration. Is it my extra mixes? How do I cwlibrate the compass?
jdr00ejr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2015, 10:45 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr00ejr View Post
So I'm using this setup except I don't ever use agility so I made FM2 run as stability with Stagility mixes turned on. Now I have safe, stability, stagility on that switch. However, I can't get into compass calibration. Is it my extra mixes? How do I cwlibrate the compass?
U tried flicking the flight mode switch 4 times? Quad has to be powered on and ready to fly. Do not arm it just flick fm switch 4 times and should work
Old 01-20-2015, 04:59 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by $Gambino$ View Post
U tried flicking the flight mode switch 4 times? Quad has to be powered on and ready to fly. Do not arm it just flick fm switch 4 times and should work
Flicking the actual Flight Mode switch 4 times does nothing. Flipping the flap switch puts me in accellorsmotor calibration.
jdr00ejr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.