Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > Blade Multirotor Support > 350QX

350QX Blade 350QX Multirotor Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2015, 02:48 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Let me know how it goes. I may do mine later this evening
mapper65 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2015, 02:50 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapper65 View Post
Let me know how it goes. I may do mine later this evening
It will not be that quick for me, I just ordered the upgrade cable ..
jarbi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2015, 03:07 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarbi View Post
It will not be that quick for me, I just ordered the upgrade cable ..
Ok, If I do mine then I will post an update
mapper65 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2015, 02:34 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just got mine updated to V3, next thing to think about is converting to the V3 style antenna.

Original QX with V2 hardware relocation and V3 firmware now lol~!

thestone11 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2015, 05:42 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestone11 View Post
Just got mine updated to V3, next thing to think about is converting to the V3 style antenna.

Original QX with V2 hardware relocation and V3 firmware now lol~!
You did need to reprogram your transmitter I suppose. I have a DX7s, and I am curious if there is an .spm file or manual for the v3 firmware with the settings for this transmitter.
Old 01-10-2015, 09:51 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
You did need to reprogram your transmitter I suppose. I have a DX7s, and I am curious if there is an .spm file or manual for the v3 firmware with the settings for this transmitter.
Did my transmitter right after, there is a video on YouTube from horizon to show me the whole process!

Old 01-10-2015, 03:10 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Did my transmitter right after, there is a video on YouTube from horizon to show me the whole process!

Hmmm... I was browsing through all Horizon video's about the QX3, but I found no video explaining the setup of mixes for different flight modes. May I ask you where did you find it ?
Old 01-10-2015, 03:15 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Hmmm... I was browsing through all Horizon video's about the QX3, but I found no video explaining the setup of mixes for different flight modes. May I ask you where did you find it ?
Or there are no mixes at all ?
Old 01-10-2015, 03:19 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Or there are no mixes at all ?
Here is a video link done by another guy to show you how to setup the dx6i on V3 firmware to easy access to all 4 flight mode. Hope it helps you.

Blade 350qx all 4 flight modes with dx6i and v3 fw (6 min 11 sec)

Old 01-10-2015, 03:23 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Here is a video link done by another guy to show you how to setup the dx6i on V3 firmware to easy access to all 4 flight mode. Hope it helps you.
Thanks a lot, that is what I was looking for !
Old 01-10-2015, 05:29 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Thanks a lot, that is what I was looking for !
Only problem I am wondering for setting your radio that way is you won't be able to get into the calibration menus. You may have to return to 350qx factory transmitter settings to achieve that.

Old 01-10-2015, 05:29 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes i made this video a few days ago hope it helps any questions let me know!
Old 01-10-2015, 05:31 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Only problem I am wondering for setting your radio that way is you won't be able to get into the calibration menus. You may have to return to 350qx factory transmitter settings to achieve that.
U can still....like for compass cal even after using my vid tutorial it is still flight mode switched flicked 4 times. oh also remember on v3 firmware to bind you will initially see nothing you have to flip the quad copter over and then you will see the bind light
Old 12-06-2019, 02:27 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 4 Years later

Well better late than never. I have acquired a couple of 350qx. 1 is the original in great condition and the other is a Qx3 that has been heavily used. I am currently sending emails to Horizon but getting very little assistance. I have updated the original Qx to Version 2. What I would like to do is update it to Ver 3 (This is the bit Horizon is struggling to get) I cant locate the Ver 3 update file anywhere.
If I can get both operating on Ver3 then I can play with the GUI and then hopefully both Tx settings will be identical. I want to rum the various modes off the 3 stage switch on my Dx7s.
Any chance this thread is still read and somebody is able to help. Thanks
Maturecruiser is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2019, 10:19 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here's a link to get to V2.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/Bla...e2.0_Files.pdf

Here's a link to get to V3.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/Bla...3_Firmware.pdf

The V3 download file only contains the V3 firmware file. It's been a long time, but I think you need the the software in the V2 download file to apply it.

HH had put a note in the V3 link that says the updater doesn't work on Windows 10. You'll probably have to find an older PC or else a Mac to make it work.
flightengr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2019, 11:06 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks flightengr. Glad that somebody still reads this thread. I ended up getting sent in the correct direction via the facebook group. I also encountered the NO Win 10 issue but again a facebook guy stated he got it to work. I did have an old laptop but it would not connect. My guess is a driver issue. So I tried the Win 10 and after attempts it worked on win 10 and it stated successful.
My next mission is to set up the Dx7s. I have loaded the 350Qx3 spm file and bound it. It seems to work OK on just a 2 minute play in the front yard. And the 3 modes work on the gyro switch.
Thanks again these forums are priceless
Old 01-06-2020, 01:47 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maturecruiser View Post
Thanks flightengr. Glad that somebody still reads this thread. I ended up getting sent in the correct direction via the facebook group. I also encountered the NO Win 10 issue but again a facebook guy stated he got it to work. I did have an old laptop but it would not connect. My guess is a driver issue. So I tried the Win 10 and after attempts it worked on win 10 and it stated successful.
My next mission is to set up the Dx7s. I have loaded the 350Qx3 spm file and bound it. It seems to work OK on just a 2 minute play in the front yard. And the 3 modes work on the gyro switch.
Thanks again these forums are priceless
Maturecruiser, if you need any of the 350 QX V1, 2 or 3 files, drivers, programmer installation files, manuals or info, I still have that stuff on my PC from when I first started back 6 years ago. I also have the eepe files for the V1, 2 and 3 firmware.

Pops
04fxdwgi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2020, 04:50 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks 04fxdwgi. For the moment I am all good and believe that I have the necessary files. I'm flying OK but in the stability modes. I want to learn how to use a video setup so thats my aim for now.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in