Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > SAB Goblin 500/570

SAB Goblin 500/570 SAB Heli Division - Goblin 500/570 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2015, 09:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question Trouble fitting canopy on G570

My stock G570 canopy does not sit well on one side. I'm using the SAB quick release mounts.

On the left side, it's all good. The quick release button "clicks" into place nicely, and the trailing edge of the canopy follows the boom contours on that side.

On the right, I have to use quite a bit of force to pull the canopy back in order for the mount to engage. All that pressure causes the right rear edge of the canopy to adopt a weird angle - it sits too low on the boom. Even worse, the right-side quick release doesn't "click" solidly, and I'm worried that it might pop off in flight.

This is even without batteries or a tray. The wiring is reasonably neat, and I don't believe the canopy is rubbing on anything it shouldn't.

Is this a common thing? I would prefer to avoid elongating the mount holes.

Thanks in advance for any tips.
H2SO4 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2015, 09:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

It only takes a slight misalignment in the holes to make the canopy difficult to install. Conversely, it only takes a small amount of opening up (not elongating) the holes with a small round file to make it much easier to install... Bert actually talks about it in one of the videos.

The canopy on my 630C didn't fit well at all initially, but I spent a little time and opened the holes up a *small* amount, and it fits fine. I've also seen guys trim the front bottom edge of the canopy or make the notch bigger in cf skids, too.

Spend the time getting it right now... You don't want it to come off in flight
Old 01-10-2015, 10:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had issues with my canopies from Fusuno. I took off a bit of material at the front edge that allowed the canopy to slide on and off more easily.
Raz0rSh4rp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2015, 12:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2SO4 View Post
My stock G570 canopy does not sit well on one side. I'm using the SAB quick release mounts.

On the left side, it's all good. The quick release button "clicks" into place nicely, and the trailing edge of the canopy follows the boom contours on that side.

On the right, I have to use quite a bit of force to pull the canopy back in order for the mount to engage. All that pressure causes the right rear edge of the canopy to adopt a weird angle - it sits too low on the boom. Even worse, the right-side quick release doesn't "click" solidly, and I'm worried that it might pop off in flight.

This is even without batteries or a tray. The wiring is reasonably neat, and I don't believe the canopy is rubbing on anything it shouldn't.

Is this a common thing? I would prefer to avoid elongating the mount holes.

Thanks in advance for any tips.
My best guess without looking at photos is that your motor wires are probably not flat against the side frame or other wires are pushing on the canopy from the inside. One remedy is to open the holes a little on the canopy. I prefer to take a little off the canopy under the chin where it meets the front of the heli/landing gear strut. The latter method has worked well on every goblin I have owned, or any other heli for that matter.

Tags
570, canopy, fit, goblin, mount

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in