Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 700X

Blade 700X Blade 700X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2015, 09:16 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

It does suck. I started on the 450x and have the nano qx. I know there are some issues here and there with Blade products, but i personally have been overall satisfied with my experiance with them. I now own the 550x and would have continued up the Blade line fairly quickly but now I will have to step into another brand to continue. I think they should keep at least one big heli, either 550 or 700 maybe due to interchangeable batteries. But oh well. See ya later Blade.
cwhat842 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2015, 09:21 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Anyone worried about getting replacement parts?
phishbot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2015, 09:43 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

What's the point really the airframes aren't worth squat in the classifieds so just fly it till you run into a issue and then move on
MotorG525 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2015, 01:21 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorG525 View Post
What's the point really the airframes aren't worth squat in the classifieds so just fly it till you run into a issue and then move on
So, just buy until parts are no longer available imho.
Now also a FPV addict; Quads and Planes (soon to try heli's!)
TomC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2015, 09:28 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC View Post
So, just buy until parts are no longer available imho.
Good advice for existing owner. I'd never recommend someone getting into a 550X from scratch now.
jadewarrior is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2015, 03:44 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadewarrior View Post
Good advice for existing owner. I'd never recommend someone getting into a 550X from scratch now.
FWIW, from what I see now, when looking at our inventory, we have at minimum 2 years stock worth of spare 550x/600x parts.
Old 02-23-2015, 04:18 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian James View Post
FWIW, from what I see now, when looking at our inventory, we have at minimum 2 years stock worth of spare 550x/600x parts.
Is that 2+ years for very single last part? Including all the ones that will be in high demand from crashes? I really hope so or that inventory will go away much sooner than two years since virtually all the people needing parts will already know the helis are discontinued. They'll need one of a certain part but very well may buy several. I know I will. Will new parts continue to be made?
Old 02-23-2015, 04:36 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Is that 2+ years for very single last part? Including all the ones that will be in high demand from crashes? I really hope so or that inventory will go away much sooner than two years since virtually all the people needing parts will already know the helis are discontinued. They'll need one of a certain part but very well may buy several. I know I will. Will new parts continue to be made?
Yes. This is every part.
Old 02-23-2015, 05:04 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Will new parts continue to be made?
Who continues to make parts for discontinued heli's???

Only one I know is Mikado because in Germany it's a legal requirement that they supply spares for up to 10 years after the heli is discontinued. Big deal since not too many want to fly a 10 yo Mikado heli imho (I binned my old logo 20 and logo 14 a while ago). Also, the prices Mikado charged for these were silly expensive (esp. logo 14 frames).

Anyway, I'm just going to continue to fly my 550x until part are no longer available. Probably a good idea to stock yourself up on consumables like gears imho.

Cheers,
TomC
Old 02-23-2015, 05:57 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Only one I know is Mikado because in Germany it's a legal requirement that they supply spares for up to 10 years after the heli is discontinued. Big deal since not too many want to fly a 10 yo Mikado heli imho (I binned my old logo 20 and logo 14 a while ago). Also, the prices Mikado charged for these were silly expensive (esp. logo 14 frames).

Anyway, I'm just going to continue to fly my 550x until part are no longer available. Probably a good idea to stock yourself up on consumables like gears imho.

Cheers,
TomC
and the swash and pitch links/balls
puppydog_taz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2015, 06:20 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I wasn't asking you. I was asking the guy who actually works for Horizon/Blade.
Old 02-23-2015, 06:21 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian James View Post
Yes. This is every part.
Good to hear!
Old 02-23-2015, 06:23 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppydog_taz View Post
and the swash and pitch links/balls
Good point. I wish we could buy the pitch links in "bulk" and not as a single set with pushrods that I don't need. I have heard the Align links for their larger helis work, but I'm not sure if that's true. I'm also not sure if the Align balls are the correct thread pitch for the Blade swash, pitch change arms, etc. I'll investigate further if things truly become "critical" down the road. That is, if I haven't already transitioned to another 550-ish class heli.
Old 02-23-2015, 06:50 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lynx sells their aftermarket parts for every Blade besides the 500 3d. http://www.lynxheli.com/product_info...ducts_id=23811 I imagine as long as there's a decent demand for them, they'll keep making them.
Old 02-23-2015, 06:56 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

My bad, Lynx doesn't have much from the 500x and above. They do have the cnc machines though..........
Old 02-23-2015, 07:03 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbygz View Post
My bad, Lynx doesn't have much from the 550x and above. They do have the cnc machines though..........
Those CNC machines are very expensive and have to not only be re-programmed, but also be physically set up for each run of different parts. It isn't as quick and easy to re-task a CNC machine as most might think. I doubt they'd keep machines set up for much CNC time at all for a discontinued heli that had a pretty small ownership base even before discontinuation when they can task those machines for much more profitable production runs of current heli parts. I highly doubt (like Blade) that Lynx actually owns those CNC machines. They rent time on them from the people who do own them in (usually) China. But, if they did continue to make or start making Pro Series parts, especially all the metal and carbon fiber ones, that would be great. Lynx is good stuff all around.
Old 02-23-2015, 07:20 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Those CNC machines are very expensive and have to be programmed and physically set up for each run of parts. It isn't all that quick and easy to re-task a CNC machine. I doubt they'd keep dedicated setups for a discontinued heli that had a pretty small ownership base even before discontinuation when they can task those machines for much more profitable production runs of current heli parts. But, if they did, that would be great!
True. Wishful thinking on my part for those with the bigger Blade helis. It's really a shame because Blade's bigger helis seemed like they were really well made and flew great but I'm going by what I've read and what I've seen on YouTube. I could never get enough money together to get a 600x....... 2 kids, 4 cars, a college tuition, and another college tuition in a year.....I just couldn't convince my wife that I needed the 600x which I believe.....I did! She was really grumpy and non-compliant about the whole issue so I gave up. Anyways, my next heli will be the Velos 880.........NOT!!! That thing, not even flying yet, looks scarier than anything I wanna fly or crash.
Old 02-23-2015, 07:57 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Will new parts continue to be made?
Quote:

Cheers,
TomC
Quote:
I wasn't asking you. I was asking the guy who actually works for Horizon/Blade.
Sorry mate I thought this was an open question/discussion point in an open forum. I was only trying to point out that very few companies (probably also including after market suppliers) continue to have spares produced for discontinued models imho.

If you 'only' want a reply from Brian I suggest you PM him or contact HH technical services and ask them.

Cheers,
TomC
Old 02-23-2015, 10:10 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
If you 'only' want a reply from Brian I suggest you PM him or contact HH technical services and ask them.
I've done so. Sometimes, they're more responsive when more people are "watching". In other words, a larger existing/potential customer base.
Old 02-24-2015, 05:30 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Quote:
I've done so. Sometimes, they're more responsive when more people are "watching". In other words, a larger existing/potential customer base.
Sorry mate but this sounds a bit trollish imho. I kinda doubt that many will respond based on your modus operandi. I know I won't and I suspect neither will Brian. This is the last post of yours I will respond to btw.

I'm really not sure what value you think you are adding to this thread. For me, and I suspect others, it is none. Get a life and just enjoy what you have.

Unsubscribed with pleasure, lol!

Cheers,
TomC

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in