Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Evolution (formerly ALeeS)

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 04:48 PM   #1
dunkonu23
Registered Users

Default ALeeS and Me

Everyone,

I love ALeeS. I love the Stephens Family--Charley, Vikki and Austin and I love my teammates. For the last two and a half weeks I have been involved in negotiations with the investors in the company from Hong Kong to try to save the ALeeS brand and keep Charley designing the helicopters that we have all come to love. I am sad to say that effort has failed. Today, it appears that the company in Hong Kong has decided to stop negotiations and move on with a brand--what brand, I do not know.

Accordingly, I am no longer associated with any brand from the people in Hong Kong.

I want to thank you, the loyal family members of ALeeSUSA.com, Experience RC, The HeliFarm in Canada, ALeeS Australia, and Acrowood in Germany for sticking behind us in the USA for so long. I am truly sorry this happened, but both Charley and I tried our best to get a different outcome and it just did not happen.

I want to thank our Team Sponsors/supporters--Scorpion Power System, Spartan-RC in the USA and the UK, J1S Designs/Tim Jones and Cyclone blades, OMGRCUSA.com and Tony Whiteside, ExperienceRC and RC Bearings.com I also want to send a special thank you to Will James and all the Helifreak Staff members for this forum and helping us help our family members. If there is any one I have missed, Thank you! I am sorry I missed you.

Last but not least, I want to thank my fellow team members. You are the best guys I have ever come to know. It was an honor being your team manager and I hope when we see each other at events we can hang out and have a good time!

Thanks everyone!

Scott
http://www.experiencerc.com : Making Helicopters Great Again!

Last edited by dunkonu23; 01-27-2015 at 05:28 PM..
Old 01-26-2015, 05:17 PM   #2
PowerDyne
Registered Users

I am truly saddened that his has transpired.

You and the team have been absolutely awesome in answering my incessant questions. Thanks!

Hang in there!
Old 01-26-2015, 05:23 PM   #3
chris-fry
Registered Users

This means that there will be no parts stateside, for the time being. You will have to contact Hong Kong for parts replacement, warranty issues, etc... I already have.

I have many of Tiger's parts in my home. I am very grateful for him to loan me his parts to get me flying, again.

I thank you Scott, for 1, your friendship, first and foremost. 2, allowing me to be part of this great "family" as you have always referred it to. Despite only being a part of this family for only a few short months, everyone of our family members I consider friends.

Come to Toledo, buddy! Refreshening beverages on me, Scott!

Team Shannon, Scorpion Power Systems and TailDraggerRC. Thank you all!
Old 01-26-2015, 05:36 PM   #4
PowerDyne
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris-fry View Post
This means that there will be no parts stateside, for the time being. You will have to contact Hong Kong for parts replacement, warranty issues, etc... I already have.

I have many of Tiger's parts in my home. I am very grateful for him to loan me his parts to get me flying, again.

I thank you Scott, for 1, your friendship, first and foremost. 2, allowing me to be part of this great "family" as you have always referred it to. Despite only being a part of this family for only a few short months, everyone of our family members I consider friends.

Come to Toledo, buddy! Refreshening beverages on me, Scott!
I too have contacted HK Sales for parts inquiries. I need to make sure I can keep her flying.

As far as Any of you guys go, I still Hope to see you in Muncie come August!
Old 01-26-2015, 05:52 PM   #5
OnTheSnap
Registered Users

Yikes!!

It's not 100% clear - this is an announcement that Alees is gone? Or that Scott is quitting what's left of Alees? It seems clear that Charlie is no longer the Alees designer. And that if it exists, it will be a new HK direct brand?

Very sad. The Rush was a super fun heli. The CP heli market is brutal and seems to be going through a contraction as the market demand changes and focuses on other craft.

:-(
Old 01-26-2015, 06:30 PM   #6
markrj
Registered Users

My HF Map location

No words.

Yes, there are some words.

Scott,

Thank you for bringing me into the AleeS family. I was shocked when you invited me. I feel honored to be part of this team and family.

I am truly saddened by this turn of events.

We will see each other at IRCHA 2015 for sure.

Mark
Old 01-26-2015, 06:47 PM   #7
eagleridge
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Sad day indeed.. Its been an honor to be associated with Alees from the beginning. I am proud to call Charley, Vikki, and Austin great friends. Scott, you are my brother from another mother! You were the best manager ANY team could ask for!

To the rest of the team, you are awesome! The best support out there and you deserve a kudos from me!
Cyclone Blades, Scorpion Motors
Old 01-26-2015, 07:09 PM   #8
chris-fry
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerDyne View Post
I too have contacted HK Sales for parts inquiries. I need to make sure I can keep her flying.

As far as Any of you guys go, I still Hope to see you in Muncie come August!
Yup. I'll be at IRCHA. Probably out having fun and raising hell with someone! Hope it to be Scott!

Old 01-26-2015, 07:13 PM   #9
Mercuriell
HF Support

Sad course of events - brutal market and numbers just not there to support innovation and enterprise
Old 01-26-2015, 07:29 PM   #10
RJVan
Registered Users

Well, sad news indeed. I feel bad for those involved. Hopefully everyone will find a new home. I guess for the rest of us, it's fly till you crash and move on to something else.

Edit: Looks like AleeSUSA is closed now.
Old 01-26-2015, 08:30 PM   #11
crashcopterman
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJVan View Post
Well, sad news indeed. I feel bad for those involved. Hopefully everyone will find a new home. I guess for the rest of us, it's fly till you crash and move on to something else.

Edit: Looks like AleeSUSA is closed now.
Don't jump to the "move on to something else" comment quite yet, this isn't over. Stay tuned.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:15 PM   #12
Ah Clem
Registered Users

"Don't jump to the "move on to something else" comment quite yet, this isn't over. Stay tuned."

I am trying to understand exactly what happened and what all this means. Scott is definitely one of the "good guys!" He has helped a great many people both within and outside of the AleeS community.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:26 PM   #13
OnTheSnap
Registered Users

Generally companies sort a mess like this out behind the scenes, figure out the transition and then announce it to customers (see the recent Thunder Tiger mess).

But when they post in a thread it's over, and the online store suddenly shuts down. Well it's time to run. That's just very bad news. It's not fair to tell guys to wait around and hope when in fact there is no reason to.

Sucks as a hobbyist to see this. And I understand the pain of owning something where the company behind it collapses. Totally sucks.
Old 01-26-2015, 10:20 PM   #14
Qrrambero
Registered Users

Don't buy what I buy.. I got a Millenium, a Miniature and now I just bought the Evo. All three out of business. :-(
Looks like Mikado and Gublin are only ones standing.
Old 01-26-2015, 10:24 PM   #15
Dennis P
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I did not want to post on this thread but it is going to get to side tracked fast. It is very sad to see AleeS USA going away but AleeS helis are still alive . The name may change ? They have made contact recently with the dealers and parts will be inbound very shortly so no fear of the brand or parts disappearing guys. It is hard to see Scott leaving and Charlie and his family not being part of it anymore since they where the start of it all. I would like to wish them all the best in the future and I mean no disrespect to anyone with this post . Take care and keep beating the air and feeling the Rush
Old 01-26-2015, 11:28 PM   #16
OnTheSnap
Registered Users

Last edited by OnTheSnap; 01-27-2015 at 03:03 AM..
Old 01-27-2015, 07:29 AM   #17
Pitch-Itch
Registered Users

Can anyone elucidate this?

It seems no one really knows what this means, and the people who do know don't seem to be talking.

Lynx Team Pilot
Old 01-27-2015, 08:52 AM   #18
chris-fry
Registered Users

Those of us in the know, knew something was happening. We were not allowed to talk about this deal, whatsoever. We all were hoping that it would not turn out this way. But, it did and we are very sorry for this to happen.

Old 01-27-2015, 08:56 AM   #19
Pitch-Itch
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris-fry View Post
Those of us in the know, knew something was happening. We were not allowed to talk about this deal, whatsoever. We all were hoping that it would not turn out this way. But, it did and we are very sorry for this to happen.
I get that, but what exactly happened?

No one is really saying anything that makes it clear.

Lynx Team Pilot
Old 01-27-2015, 09:12 AM   #20
caralmar
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavisBladeWorks View Post
I get that, but what exactly happened?

No one is really saying anything that makes it clear.
I think Scott made it pretty clear. AleeS had an investor based out of Hong Kong. AleeS USA and that investor had a fallout. If it had been a marriage, then this was the equivalent of a divorce due to irreconcilable differences. As to the specifics of the fallout, I know they were financial in nature, but beyond that, I will not comment as I'm not privy to the contractual details.

The investor from Hong Kong has decided to move forward with the helicopter and the company, but perhaps with a different brand. They are communicating directly with dealers about the path forward. Obviously, this means that they will be solely responsible now for the design, build, and support of the heli and its supply chain. Without Charley in the picture (or Scott), I'm not interested in moving forward with them.

All of the teammates are gutted over this sad turn of events. I was proud to be part of the team and to call them all my friends. Thanks Charley and Scott for a great run!
AMA #934662
Closed Thread