Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > OpenTX Radios

OpenTX Radios OpenTX Radios Discussion and Support Forum

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2016, 06:51 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think that in the latest versions of OpenTX that something is broken.

I had all this working fine, since I've upgraded to 2.1 nothing works any more, even in the simulator. I'm currently exploring this and will report if I find anything since I have one heli that I can no longer fly as a result without replacing the 3GX controller on it.
Ben Kenobi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2016, 01:44 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 2.1.6

Not certain but I'm having some difficulty with 2.1.6 on mine. Actually a lot
madnat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2016, 03:54 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've actually identified one issue and that is found on the heli page.

There are :-

Long Cyc.
Lat Cyc.
Collective

If you look tot he right of these there are boxes - all of mine were 0 - setting them to 100 cured my issues to some extent, I've since dialed the numbers down a little - they seem to behave like the channel weighting on the mixer tab. I've yet to find any documentation although I've not looked too hard yet.
Ben Kenobi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2016, 10:24 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yea. 2.1 now has weights in the heli menu like Futaba and Spektrum's CCPM menus (AFR and CCPM mix respectively).

The discussion bringing on the feature is in the bug report below...
https://github.com/opentx/opentx/issues/2032
xStatiCa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2017, 03:05 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Last year my model could fly. This year I'm doing maintenance to prepare for flying season, updated my firmware to 2.2 (up from 2.0), and now it doesn't work.. LOL.. I guess I have to re-learn all over again.. ccpm model

Edit: interesting, the CCPM setup information was blank but all setup data was there. Even restored from backup..
re-entered the CCPM screen settings and it's working.. odd.
Jerry Moore, AMA #878954,TARANIS OpenTX- Pantera 600 FB - Takes a licking and keeps on kicking! KISSAM = Keep It Simple Stupid: Affordable, Maintainable -
Visit Early and often - http://open-txu.org

Last edited by Jermo; 02-26-2017 at 04:48 PM..
Jermo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2017, 10:59 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I just want to thank you ArchmageAU for being so persistent and very detailed in explaining the issue with the OpenTX developers about the need for the swash menu weights. It amazes me how much you understand the swash computations. I was lost at sin() and cos() . Back in 2015 they made the changes to OpenTX 2.1.0 to have the swash weights in the swash menu. Out of that also came the ability to specify which inputs should be used in the swash menu. Without your persistence we would still need to use multiple mixes to deal with that. Hats off to you sir! I just setup my 550 heli (been distracted in the DLG RC model world for a few years now) and it was easier because of that change.

ArchmageAU, Are you planning to update the OpenTX guide? It really just needs more removing information than adding I think .
xStatiCa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2017, 03:30 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello,

I'm new to openTx... I changed from Futaba to the Horus X10. So, now I have to reprogram my helicopters!
I'm going to start with the easier ones, all with flybar, with the more normal swashplates.
However...
I'm not quite sure if I understood it right: the older helicopters, with mechanical mixing (H-1 swashplate) do not need any mixing, correct?
But, I also have three helicopters which have a different type of swashplate, which is not mentioned in the CCPM guide.
It's the H-4 (Vario) and the H-4X (a turbine helicopter) type (https://www.futabarc.com/faq/faq-q1056.html) Can you help me on these?

You've written a really good instruction set! I also found a french translation of these, from Sebastien Charpentier, which even included a nice schematic drawing on the swashplate types. Very nice!
Now I actually understand what transmitters are doing computationally when you give an input

Thusfar, i think openTX is a superb development!
Flyingdockp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2018, 11:15 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you are interested in a little experimentation with OpenTx, I will take a shot at a four servo template you can try - I like a challenge!

I will take a few days as I am a bit busy this week.

Jim Davey
Old 01-01-2018, 02:09 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK - I had some time this morning. Hopefully there is a file attached with the basic 4 servo model in it to play with. Let me know how you get on and I will adjust and develop the "X" version that needs a bit more mixing.

Here are the instructions:

Futaba definitions are used:
Ele is front servo
Ail is right servo
Pitch is left servo
Ele2 is back servo

Working thorough the template on companion, starting in “flight modes” I have set up where you set the three CCPM mixing ratios. I have set them all to 50% and they will apply in all flight modes. Here you can make the adjustments that you would have made in the swash menu one other transmitters.

NOTE: On the transmitter and simulattor, there is a Global Variables page that lets you directly address the GVs – this is a bit more logical.

The five primary channels are populated in “Inputs” I have added a single pitch curve (CV10) as an example. Rate switches etc. can be added in this page as needed.

Moving to “Mixes”, the mixing is done to create the 4 servo CCPM. You should not need to do anything here except to note the use of the three global variables which set up the CCPM mixing ratios as discussed above.

“Outputs” is used to set up servo throw, direction and mid points to get the servos all going where they need to. Note the use of a common curve, CV1. This mimics the EXP function available in some transmitters. This compensates for the fact that we are using rotary servos to generate linear actions. It is at best an approximation and you may want to tweak the curve a bit to minimize the “fight” between servos that is inevitable with a 4 servo set-up.

Rename the attached model file as .otx and you should be good to go.

Good luck.

Jim Davey
Old 01-01-2018, 02:20 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm not seeing any attached file...... maybe I'm blind ?? Haven't started drinking yet so it can't be that ....
JuanRodriguez is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2018, 02:21 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK - I had some time this morning. Hopefully there is a file attached with the basic 4 servo model in it to play with. Let me know how you get on and I will adjust and develop the "X" version that needs a bit more mixing.

Here are the instructions:

Futaba definitions are used:
Ele is front servo
Ail is right servo
Pitch is left servo
Ele2 is back servo

Working thorough the template on companion, starting in “flight modes” I have set up where you set the three CCPM mixing ratios. I have set them all to 50% and they will apply in all flight modes. Here you can make the adjustments that you would have made in the swash menu one other transmitters.

NOTE: On the transmitter and simulattor, there is a Global Variables page that lets you directly address the GVs – this is a bit more logical.

The five primary channels are populated in “Inputs” I have added a single pitch curve (CV10) as an example. Rate switches etc. can be added in this page as needed.

Moving to “Mixes”, the mixing is done to create the 4 servo CCPM. You should not need to do anything here except to note the use of the three global variables which set up the CCPM mixing ratios as discussed above.

“Outputs” is used to set up servo throw, direction and mid points to get the servos all going where they need to. Note the use of a common curve, CV1. This mimics the EXP function available in some transmitters. This compensates for the fact that we are using rotary servos to generate linear actions. It is at best an approximation and you may want to tweak the curve a bit to minimize the “fight” between servos that is inevitable with a 4 servo set-up.

Rename the attached model file as .otx and you should be good to go.

Good luck.

Jim Davey
Attached Files
File Type: txt four servo.txt (769 Bytes, 40 views)
Old 01-01-2018, 02:24 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry about the glitch there - %^&*(&^%# windows!

Plus this site won't accept .otx files.
Old 01-01-2018, 03:06 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here is a new file with the X configuration added. I also used an additional curve (max) to scale the servo throws before the outputs. This makes it easier to avoid one servo running out of throw in corner cases.

Again, rename from .txt to .otx to load.

Jim Davey
Attached Files
File Type: txt four servoX.txt (1.2 KB, 36 views)
Old 01-01-2018, 09:59 PM   #34 (permalink)
HF Support

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamdavey View Post
Sorry about the glitch there - %^&*(&^%# windows!

Plus this site won't accept .otx files.
If you rename the file to .eepe then Helifreak will accept it and you can load it directly into Companion.
Old 01-02-2018, 02:40 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Four servo H4 setup

Thanks!!!!!

I'll try that asap!!! You're faster then I'm in getting used to open TX programming :-)

Am I correct in assuming that in this newer version of openTX the weights are added in the swashplate section? SO, if I have to reverse something, do it there?
Flyingdockp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2018, 08:39 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wasn't having any luck so played "safe"!
Old 01-03-2018, 06:57 AM   #37 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Simple .eepe (that can be loaded in companion 2.2)

Has a 120 CCPM model and a 4 channel (+ config) CCPM model.

Doing an X model 4 channel CCPM should not be too hard if you want it.

In the mix tab:
- Each channel adds the same weight (+) of collective input
- Each channel adds the same weight (+ or -) of ail input
- Each channel adds the same weight (+ or -) of ele input
Attached Files
File Type: eepe ccpmdemo.eepe (1.1 KB, 47 views)
Old 01-03-2018, 10:51 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

"Am I correct in assuming that in this newer version of openTX the weights are added in the swashplate section? SO, if I have to reverse something, do it there?"

If you asking about the files I posted, the swashplate section is not used at all.

Weights are in the inputs as normal.

To reverse a control (for example aileron) reverse the global variable - for aileron on companion go to flight modes and change the value from, say, 50% to -50 % - this emulates how many conventional transmitters handle swash mixing. On the Tx you can do this on the Global variables page directly.

To reverse individual servos and adjust servo neutrals use Outputs.

Jim Davey
Old 01-03-2018, 11:00 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

"Has a 120 CCPM model and a 4 channel (+ config) CCPM model"

Does this 4 channel model have any correction for cosine effects at extreme servo throws?

Jim Davey
Old 01-03-2018, 03:51 PM   #40 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamdavey View Post
"Has a 120 CCPM model and a 4 channel (+ config) CCPM model"

Does this 4 channel model have any correction for cosine effects at extreme servo throws?

Jim Davey
I believe so.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in