Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > Gimbals

Gimbals Gimbals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2013, 05:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Making a GoPro gimbal

Heres some pictures of the first completed part of my GoPro gimbal. So far ive got the tilt servo modeled, as well as the GoPro carriage and the rotation arm.

To complete these parts, the carriage needs the rubber band anchors added to it, I'm also considering adding a piece that wraps around the back of the camera.

To complete the project I need to select and model the rotation servo, and work out how the rotation arm will turn, ive got some ideas, and will keep things updated here, as well as pictures of modelings, and the parts once I have 3D printed them.
Sogono is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2013, 10:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

iam still new to the gimbel area . but if i may .. i seen a few videos where the lens of cam is off center from the rear servo or bl motor .. i noticed this makes the center point of the video wobble like . there was a video of a guy in a basketball court . and the hoop was center video and it was not good. very noticeable it would go off center lines of video so easy ..

ill have to find the vid and post it..

but your gimbel looks good so far iam still trying to figure out if i want servo or bl motors myself . i flown one with servos seem smooth like butter but not 100% sure yet
Old 07-10-2013, 03:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

That's something I considered when i started the project. Ive got the tilt pivots just about at the lens center, and I am planning on having the roll pivot slightly off to one side so it is also aligned with the gopro lens.

A brushless gimbal looks amazing but its slightly above my price range after this whole build, my new Tx, and a gopro 3 Black.
Sogono is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2013, 04:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

brushless gimbels with board are in the 160 range.

this needs board but the baord they sell is around 50 or 60 bucks.
do i know if any good .. no ... am i gonne give them a try i might. i been lookin at servoed and brushless and prices myself. its a nitemare to find what you want ..
but this gimbel to me looks sweet...

http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...2&productname=
Old 07-10-2013, 04:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpftp View Post
iam still new to the gimbel area . but if i may .. i seen a few videos where the lens of cam is off center from the rear servo or bl motor .. i noticed this makes the center point of the video wobble like . there was a video of a guy in a basketball court . and the hoop was center video and it was not good. very noticeable it would go off center lines of video so easy ..
Incorrect, actually. For some reason many people seem to think that the camera lens positioned in line with roll axis of the gimbal has some benefits - it doesn't. If the gimbal does its job and maintains the camera mount level why would it matter how offset the lens sits? From the standpoint of gimbal performance I can see it beneficial if the roll and pitch axis of the gimbal are centered on the camera's CoG, not on the lens's.

To avoid your camera swinging what matters is the gimbal be positioned as close as possible to pitch and roll axis of your aircraft, but that's much complex challenge and it may or may not be attainable in your particular setup...
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
jperkosk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2013, 05:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

i agree to disagree on this.. i seen video where a object centerline of video goes off or might use the word wobble ? even when the MR is hovering. ill find the video if i can and post it ..

heres the video.keep eye on basketball backboard. its in there .

Old 01-18-2015, 03:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

wunia is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in