Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2015, 10:48 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Elios000 I would imagine this will be going for a few weeks at the least. The goal is to try and hit the $50000 so CHC can get finished an open as soon as possible.

This kind of fun is definitely worth saving!

Eric Brandenburg Flying his 6HV at Camp Hardcore. Night Fire Flying!!!! (3 min 58 sec)

Tony Whiteside Bon Fire (3 min 14 sec)

For anyone that is just finding this thread and has not started at the beginning here is the info again!

"I have been in contact with both Will and Tony with regards to some serious financial troubles that are taking place at Camp Hard Core.

I would like to first point out that neither Will or Tony would normally ask for help but I explained to both that it is better to try then not too.

We have set up a GO FUND ME account where you can get a much better idea what is going on and both Will and the Whiteside family would greatly appreciate any and all help. Please share the link provided.

Lets all come together and help make the dream a reality.

Paypal is definitely a second option, if you do donate via "paypal" please post how much you contribute. So we can keep track of how much funds we are raising here.

For paypal send payment to: [email protected] Send as a gift and the topic should be Save CHC.

Go Fund Me link for donations

http://www.gofundme.com/lleyss

Here is the official statement on why GO FUND ME does not except paypal.

Due to a high number of complaints, we no longer use PayPal for any of our accounts. Instead, all of your donations will be processed by our partner WePay.

WePay allows your donors to pay directly on your campaign rather than being sent off to PayPal to create an account. In turn, people have a much easier time completing their donation using WePay. WePay has all of the same great security features that PayPal has to protect you and your donors. You can learn more about that here: https://support.wepay.com/entries/23064032-Security

In order to play by the rules of GO FUND Me we will only be able to except paypal donations from helifreak so we have also shared the info for that as well."

Thanks Keith
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2015, 06:31 AM   #62 (permalink)

My HF Map location

My wife and I own an adjacent property and a little of the CHC field but please remember this is to help fund paradise not HF.

This money is to support CHC and Tony and his family personally. I am hanging in there with HF, all donations will be to help Tony keep and finish CHC. None will be used for HF. Just wanted to make that clear.
Old 02-07-2015, 06:33 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have to second the notion that if. 5000 people gave just $10.00 we would be there. I gotta think if your in this hobby which is not a cheap hobby we should all be able to step up and give 10 bucks, it's crazy how fast this money would add up. As of now, there has been 3660 people read about this, heck, we'd be over half way there in one day. This is totally doable guys. Now I certainly understand there are varying circumstances, please just do what you can. Everyone here is part of the Helifreak family
Old 02-07-2015, 07:22 AM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Can some more be explained please? Are we saving someones personal house or this camp hard core place?
helicraze is online now        Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2015, 07:33 AM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I really like the way Jerry and others have put it. If most everyone that is part of the 'HF Nation or World' just kicked it price of a set of blades or another replaceable part that we all go through without even thinking about it this could be fully funded. Just think, no risk of the bank taking back a place where we KNOW we could always go to fly. Just a set of blades away....... Andy
Old 02-07-2015, 07:34 AM   #66 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by helicraze View Post
Can some more be explained please? Are we saving someones personal house or this camp hard core place?
Looks like both. Here is a copy from the GO fund me page. Knowing the good guy Tony is and how he bends over backward to help people out, I'm glad to help him out.

Based on the numbers from the page, it looks like people have been incredibly generous with an average donation of $87 each so far. You people are awesome.
Rick

Good day RC helicopter community my name is Keith Zwicker and I am one of Tony Whiteside's sponsored pilots for his OMG line of servo's.

I have been helping Tony now for about 7 months with his business.

Tony is a proud man and without my push I believe he would never reach out and ask for the help. I told him that it is better to try then to lose his home and the dream of Camp Hard Core.

Tony and Will have both put every dime they have into making this dream a reality. With the recent decline in RC helicopters due to the booming quad market, revenue at helifreak is definitely down.

The results of decreased revenue are no funds are available to finish CHC and past bills are still coming in.

Tony and his wife decided to have in vitro fertilization done 3 times as they could not have kids and lost 13 babies trying to have a family. The 3rd attempt to have a family Missy's sister in law was the surrogate mother.

This was a costly adventure to say the least. Tony borrowered $27500 from a bank on a second mortgage to financially be able to make the dream of a family a reality.

They did just that and had a little boy "Sevyn" and a little girl "Aliyah" that are now both 7 years old and the love of both Tony and Missy's life.

With work, vehicles where needed and a new truck was needed to ensure that he could make a living, this truck became a nightmare and a financial burden.

Tony had a dream of building a place where you could fly helicopters that brought the fun back to the hobby. Between him and Will, they've raised thousands of dollars and began building the dream with help from many RC helicopter hobbyists.

Somehow the bank Wells Fargo let Tonys second mortgage become more important then the first mortgage and are now trying to foreclose on the Whiteside families home and CHC.

The goal of CHC is to make "CHC" your home away from home. A place to fly where you would a roof over your head and all the ammenities of home. CHC would be welcome to beginners and pilots with advanced skills. A real home for everyone to come together and learn laugh and just have a good time.

CHC would not be your normal RC field, there would be live bands, bonfires, spot light flying.

The number one priority of CHC would also be safety with nets in place and hands on help from some very experienced pilots this would be the place for the beginner or advanced pilot.

Both the Whiteside family and Will have invested their heart and soul and every dime they had, this was all done at their own great expense.

It is time we help save CHC and the Whiteside family home. For Will, helifreak has always been about giving back to the community and I believe it is now time we give back. Every little bit will help.

Any donations are greatly appreciated. To anyone wondering where Camp Hard Core is located the address is:

294 Ryan Patrick Drive
Shepherdsville, KY. 40165
USA
rdlohr is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2015, 08:30 AM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

GoFundMe gets 5%
Payment processor get about 3%

Brad G
> JR XG8
bradg is online now        Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2015, 08:49 AM   #68 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradg View Post
GoFundMe gets 5%
Payment processor get about 3%

Brad G
Actually for a gift, paypal gets nothing I believe.
Rick
Old 02-07-2015, 08:52 AM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlohr View Post
Actually for a gift, paypal gets nothing I believe.
Rick
True, no fee when using Paypal balance or bank draft. Credit card payments have a fee.

Brad G
> JR XG8
bradg is online now        Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2015, 08:54 AM   #70 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradg View Post
True, no fee when using Paypal balance or bank draft. Credit card payments have a fee.

Brad G
Old 02-07-2015, 09:42 AM   #71 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location
Default Help SAVE CAMP HARD CORE.

The fee, if any, for PayPal donations is paid by the sender and is added into the amount the sender pays. The receiver gets the whole amount specified by the sender.
Graupner MZ-32

Experience is something you gain only after you need it.
I wouldn't mind social media so much if it didn't involve people.
TheBum is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2015, 09:47 AM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

PM Tony yesterday will shoot a donation via paypal Friday when I get paid. I have Wells Fargo mortgage as well I feel your pain....

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
Old 02-07-2015, 09:59 AM   #73 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

I also donated via Paypal as I don't like putting my CC out there if I don't have to and I had funds in my Paypal. So that was the easiest way for me.

Hope it helped Tony!

Bob
Finless is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2015, 10:06 AM   #74 (permalink)

My HF Map location

I also donated through PP. Go fund me is pretty huge so I would have used a cc with them but I had a few bucks in my PP account is why I used it.
Old 02-07-2015, 10:40 AM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

I cant figure out how to send a Pay Pal Donation. Help
Rotarywing is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2015, 10:53 AM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotarywing View Post
I cant figure out how to send a Pay Pal Donation. Help
Click Send & Request
Click Send Money to Friends or Family
Put Tony's email in: [email protected]
Put the amount in you want to send
Click Next
It will then show you what account it will take it out of
Click Send
Old 02-07-2015, 11:01 AM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Good day everyone.

So far between PayPal and Go Fund Me we have raised $3670. We still have $46330 to go until we hit the goal.

Thank You to everyone that has donated and please share this with everyone and anyone.

The marathon continues.

Cheers Keith
Old 02-07-2015, 11:04 AM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks
Rotarywing is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2015, 11:41 AM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarpilot View Post
PM Tony yesterday will shoot a donation via paypal Friday when I get paid. I have Wells Fargo mortgage as well I feel your pain....

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
After two years of negotiating with "WF' they gave me a three day notice to vacate my home of 20 years right before Thanksgiving...No notice no warning...I don't have much but I will send something.Good luck Tony..
P.
Old 02-07-2015, 11:51 AM   #80 (permalink)
The man behind CHC

Guy I want to thank everyone of you !

I want to post all the names that has help, but not sure who wants to be anonymous or not, but you know who you are! And thank guys for help!
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in