Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Mikado V-BAR Control

Mikado V-BAR Control Mikado V-Stabi/V-BAR Control Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2016, 11:50 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

"Now go to Governor/Expert/Headspeed Expert/Autorotation
Here you set the engine idle for your Motor Idle or Autorotation which can be a bit higher than the Idle Setup if you wish, again personal choice. This is the idle you'll get when doing an auto in Motor Idle or mid position on the Motor Switch."

Everything worked exactly as you described, but the above.
Is this a percentage? How do I verify this is working . I increase the percentage to alot, but dont see an servo movement .

Also, what is the purpose of the motor off, motor idle,motor run. I thought I would be able to set up the motor off as the kill switch. Motor idle as idle and motor run for turning on the bank switch. That seems to make the most sense to me.
JANtoolMAN is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2016, 12:20 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBHAWAII View Post
"Now go to Governor/Expert/Headspeed Expert/Autorotation
Here you set the engine idle for your Motor Idle or Autorotation which can be a bit higher than the Idle Setup if you wish, again personal choice. This is the idle you'll get when doing an auto in Motor Idle or mid position on the Motor Switch."

Everything worked exactly as you described, but the above.
Is this a percentage? How do I verify this is working . I increase the percentage to alot, but dont see an servo movement .

Also, what is the purpose of the motor off, motor idle,motor run. I thought I would be able to set up the motor off as the kill switch. Motor idle as idle and motor run for turning on the bank switch. That seems to make the most sense to me.
You won't see any servo movement when changing the Auto idle % on the bench, you will have to try this when you go flying. However if you have it at 0 your auto idle will be the same as the main engine idle that you've set previously. Anything over 0 will increase your auto idle, or keep the head spinning, when you select Motor Idle switch

The motor switch......you really have to forget all you've learnt on a traditional TX as its a bit different with V Control.
Motor Off - means either your engine will be at idle or electric motor will be off.
Motor Idle - is like a second hold if you like but when you auto this will give you a faster spool up if you have to bailout of the auto, assuming you have a electric/nitro bailout available and if not it will be hold.
Motor Run - flick into motor run and your engine/motor will do whatever you have selected on the Bank switch.

George J is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2016, 07:42 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cool. Thanks for the tips on the autorotation bailout. I just ran the motor 1 tank on the ground. Next weekend, I will get it into the air.

Dont get me wrong. I love the vcontrol and how it operates. I even love the way they want me to think motor off means idle and motor idle means something else. Lol
JANtoolMAN is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2016, 09:30 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just new names for normal TX functions.

Motor OFF = Elec motor off, Nitro motor ground IDLE
Motor IDLE= Elec motor in bail out, Nitro motor in flight IDLE (% added to ground idle)
Motor RUN= obviously RUN for flying and banked values.

Normal radios had CUT, HOLD and IDLE UPS, so

CUT= SAFETY SWITCH on VC
HOLD= IDLE on VC
IDLE UP= BANKS on VC
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Vinger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2016, 10:11 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinger View Post
Just new names for normal TX functions.

Motor OFF = Elec motor off, Nitro motor ground IDLE
Motor IDLE= Elec motor in bail out, Nitro motor in flight IDLE (% added to ground idle)
Motor RUN= obviously RUN for flying and banked values.

Normal radios had CUT, HOLD and IDLE UPS, so

CUT= SAFETY SWITCH on VC
HOLD= IDLE on VC
IDLE UP= BANKS on VC
Motor off shuts off my nitros, safety switch puts it in idle from running/auto bailout idle. So for me motor off is throttle cut, motor idle is idle w/ auto bailout, safety switch is idle. Dunno if I did something weird with setup to get that, but it works well for me.
Old 01-06-2016, 01:47 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by smwht View Post
Motor off shuts off my nitros, safety switch puts it in idle from running/auto bailout idle. So for me motor off is throttle cut, motor idle is idle w/ auto bailout, safety switch is idle. Dunno if I did something weird with setup to get that, but it works well for me.
Not quite sure how you got to that set up but whatever works for you!

You have done something different to end up with that set up. Have a look at my guide at the beginning of this thread, I'd be interested to know what you did differently.

Old 01-06-2016, 06:18 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Out of curiosity are you running the neo or the older vbars? I'm using neos on all my nitros
Old 01-06-2016, 03:48 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Out of curiosity are you running the neo or the older vbars? I'm using neos on all my nitros
I'm running Neo's now but the only real difference is how you set up the glow switch through Macrocells.

Old 01-06-2016, 11:12 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

So I run throttle cut = motor switch, and I don't have macrocells set up because I don't run a switch glo. Other than that I think my setup is the same.

I usually start by going to idle setup and tweaking one of the knobs (been too lazy to set it up more permanently, lol) then putting motor switch to idle position. Boost idle with the knob, start motor, drop to proper idle and go.
Old 01-07-2016, 01:07 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
So I run throttle cut = motor switch, and I don't have macrocells set up because I don't run a switch glo. Other than that I think my setup is the same.

I usually start by going to idle setup and tweaking one of the knobs (been too lazy to set it up more permanently, lol) then putting motor switch to idle position. Boost idle with the knob, start motor, drop to proper idle and go.
Like I said if you're happy with it like that then that's all that matters but it sounds like a horrible way to have it set up to me!! There certainly is a 'better' way to set it up though that will give you much better control over the heli.

Old 02-02-2016, 12:08 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello,
Maybe someone can help me understand the throttle cut set up a little better since this is my first nitro its all new to me. This set up guide was a giant help I must say. I'm using a Vcontrol with the neo and mikado's newest software. As soon as I adjust my global throttle up to attain a good idle in the direct bank it also raises the throttle cut setting. so all subsequent flights I have no way to shut the motor off unless I turn the idle down or pinch the fuel line. It doesnt matter if I'm in direct, bank 2 or bank 3.

My throttle cut is dependant on my idle setting. If i raise the idle the cut raises and if I lower the idle the cut also lowers. If I make the throttle cut work (shut the engine off) then my heli won't idle at minimum stick. Or is that asking for too much? How do I get a good idle at min stick with a true throttle cut/engine off? Is that possible and I'm just missing or overlooking something?

Thanks for the help
extreme31 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2016, 11:15 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Getting my head around this

I followed this tutorial but still struggling a bit. I would like to use the back right spring loaded switch as the Throttle hold switch. I can't figure out how to set it so when the switch is all the way back its in regular flight mode and when clicked to the middle position it gives throttle hold. I wouldn't need the spring loaded setting and could disable it. I have it working now so when flipped to the back position it goes to throttle hold and mid its in regular flight setting. Can I reverse this so it operates like my two other TX?

Thx
simchippy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2016, 11:28 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you go into the switch settings in the tx you can reverse the switch that should take care of it.
dbcaster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2016, 11:47 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

When I reverse it changes from the A/B to B/C making the center and the spring loaded the two setting. So then I'd have to hold the switch forward to maintain throttle hold? Is there a way to reverse the A/B part of the 3 way switch?
Old 05-07-2016, 03:59 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by simchippy View Post
I followed this tutorial but still struggling a bit. I would like to use the back right spring loaded switch as the Throttle hold switch. I can't figure out how to set it so when the switch is all the way back its in regular flight mode and when clicked to the middle position it gives throttle hold. I wouldn't need the spring loaded setting and could disable it. I have it working now so when flipped to the back position it goes to throttle hold and mid its in regular flight setting. Can I reverse this so it operates like my two other TX?

Thx
Take the back off the V Control and just swap the two switches, sprung and three way above it, then just assign the switches in transmitter set up. Be better that the motor run switch isn't the sprung one.

Old 05-09-2016, 09:20 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks, I opened the case and turned the switch 180 and now the direction for TH hold work as expected. Now to figure the rest of it out...
Old 05-09-2016, 06:00 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Whoops that didn't work.. Instead I opened the case and rotated the sprung loaded switch back 180 to where it started. To reverse the switch to make it work like my JR Throttle hold switches I swapped the outside wires in the switch's JST connector. Now when the switch is all the way back it is in flying position, click it once forward and it goes to idle, the one you set in Governor>Expert>Headspeed Expert>Autorotation.
Never would have figured this out without this thread!
Jurbin likes this.
Old 05-09-2016, 08:08 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have my run, hold, and off on the left rear switch. I replaced the spring loaded switch with a Futaba long three position non spring loaded switch. Just another option.
dbcaster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2016, 07:36 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Copied from the main thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Luke View Post
Vcontrol Neo Nitro Setup Video

Mikado Vcontrol Neo vbar Nitro setup - YouTube
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Vinger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2018, 09:57 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by George J View Post

Min Throttle = Start at 25-30 and adjust as in v5.3, if at 100 the gov won't work though.
Hi,

It is not clear to me what is the "Min Throttle" parameter

Someone can explain it with other words

TIA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in