Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > Flight Controllers (NAZA, Wookong, A2, etc...)

Flight Controllers (NAZA, Wookong, A2, etc...) Flight Controllers (NAZA, Wookong, A2, etc...)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2015, 01:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
HF MR Support

Default Eagle Tree Vector Gain Settings Repository ~ Share your settings here!

This sticky thread is for people to share their Eagle Tree Vector controller gain settings.

Often, when people get a new controller that they're unfamiliar with, they have to go searching and sifting through threads for gain values known to work for others. While everyone should know how to dial their birds in for their own needs and flying style, it is our hope that a sticky, 'go to' thread for folks to get started with could become a repository of settings for many frames and power trains..

With this in mind, if you'd like to share any of your gain settings here (doesn't have to be your tweaked, secret racing setup - just a starting point!), please post them, along with what type of frame, motors, batteries and prop specs. And of course, any comments about those settings you think to be pertinent.

We will be doing this for the other controllers too.
/************************************************** **********************************

Kicking this one off with my Eagle Tree Settings for a 615mm Aimdroix EVO ONE quad: Two setups so far, with two different prop and motor types, both on 4S

Setup #1 - Tiger MT 2814-770kv motors, Graupner 10x5, 3-blade props:
Pitch = 100% Roll = 100% Yaw = 100% Vertical = 50%
This works just beautifully! Really locked in nice.

Setup #2 - Tiger MT2826-550kv motors, Tiger 14x4.8 CF props:
Pitch = 90% Roll = 90% Yaw = 100% Vertical = 40%
This is a new setup, and with these big props she's really floaty, so I'll probably mess with the vertical a bit more, but for now, it flies with perfect control on these. Certainly good to get started with.

Hey Nelsonisms, your turn! I know you got some gains for us!

Pilot, Team Lavaquad

Last edited by Big Island Guy; 04-20-2015 at 02:09 AM..
Big Island Guy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2015, 06:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
HF Support

Great idea. Ask and ye shall receive. This is probably a good idea for some other popular controllers as well like the Naze32, CC3D and Naza M V2/Lite.

This is from my QAV400 which is set up with a gimbal and LRS, so I'm never using it for acro (3D) flying. It has Lumenier FX2216-9 1100kv motors with 8x5 Graupner propellers. I was never able to get it quite right tweaking the basic gains, so I took to modifying the advanced gains to get it where I wanted it. I haven't messed with them in a while, so these seem to be handling pretty well. I like to use screenshots since you get an overview of all the settings.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg QAV400_Vector_FC_Setup.jpg (100.8 KB, 56 views)
Nelsonisms is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2015, 06:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
HF MR Support

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks my friend! I love it that you did a screen shot!! I was hoping you'd jump in and yes, the intention is to set up these stickies for each major type of controller, just as you exampled. We have people who are particularly strong in one controller or another and as I can, I hope to tap into their knowledge to seed a new sticky. Or, if they'd like to seed it themselves, get it rolling, let me know and I'll make it the sticky for that controller. Again, the whole idea is that people new to a controller will know exactly where to head for the setups to start with.

Pilot, Team Lavaquad
Big Island Guy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2016, 08:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Are you still flying with the Vector?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Island Guy View Post
This sticky thread is for people to share their Eagle Tree Vector controller gain settings.

Often, when people get a new controller that they're unfamiliar with, they have to go searching and sifting through threads for gain values known to work for others. While everyone should know how to dial their birds in for their own needs and flying style, it is our hope that a sticky, 'go to' thread for folks to get started with could become a repository of settings for many frames and power trains..

With this in mind, if you'd like to share any of your gain settings here (doesn't have to be your tweaked, secret racing setup - just a starting point!), please post them, along with what type of frame, motors, batteries and prop specs. And of course, any comments about those settings you think to be pertinent.

We will be doing this for the other controllers too.
/************************************************** **********************************

Kicking this one off with my Eagle Tree Settings for a 615mm Aimdroix EVO ONE quad: Two setups so far, with two different prop and motor types, both on 4S

Setup #1 - Tiger MT 2814-770kv motors, Graupner 10x5, 3-blade props:
Pitch = 100% Roll = 100% Yaw = 100% Vertical = 50%
This works just beautifully! Really locked in nice.

Setup #2 - Tiger MT2826-550kv motors, Tiger 14x4.8 CF props:
Pitch = 90% Roll = 90% Yaw = 100% Vertical = 40%
This is a new setup, and with these big props she's really floaty, so I'll probably mess with the vertical a bit more, but for now, it flies with perfect control on these. Certainly good to get started with.

Hey Nelsonisms, your turn! I know you got some gains for us!
Hi,
I am new to this forum and to the Eagle Tree Vector.
I was using the Naza M V2 and found it to be very easy to build a multi-rotor around it.
But I can not say that about the Vector yet. Having a lot of stability problem in Loiter mode. I prefer that mode for aerial video.
So first I would like to ask you the weight of your builds.
My Hex is about 3kg. and having sudden pitch twitching, yaw drift and drifting in general with sticks centered.
thanks for your time.
/quadcells
Quadcells is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in