Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 360CFX

360CFX Blade 360 CFX Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2016, 03:31 PM   #201 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks!

Yes I am following ArchmageAU's training and logging lots of hours in HeliX and neXt. And I purchased a used professionally built Goblin 380 airframe. Project this year is to rekit the 360 and place the electronics on the Goblin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronium View Post
Hang in there. I had some dark times just a month or two ago. I was ready to throw in the towel. It will come, just gotta keep at it. I know money can be a limiting factor sometimes. I highly recommend the NeXt flight simulator and a rescue system. It will save you hundreds, even thousands of dollars in the long run. I just built an Oxy 3, but from here on out, the 360cfx will hold a dear place in my heart as its the heli I learned most of my setup, repair, and flight skills on. Good luck to you!
Team Aeropanda / Podcast host Skids Up
toadiscoil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2016, 08:31 PM   #202 (permalink)
Registered Users

I installed a new set of lynx tail rotor grips which was last part needed to complete a now new ultra lynx tail assembly. Test hovered it tonight everything is smooth as butter. Will test fly tomorrow morning. I had used the stock tail grips until my new grips arrived it flew great just needed to finish the look. Now I'm happy now to fix my 180 stretch should be a good weekend if it doesn't rain.
vronny is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2016, 09:58 PM   #203 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by vronny View Post
I installed a new set of lynx tail rotor grips which was last part needed to complete a now new ultra lynx tail assembly. Test hovered it tonight everything is smooth as butter. Will test fly tomorrow morning. I had used the stock tail grips until my new grips arrived it flew great just needed to finish the look. Now I'm happy now to fix my 180 stretch should be a good weekend if it doesn't rain.
Congrats on getting the metal tail reconstructed! I know that was an expensive crash you had earlier.
kronium is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2016, 10:57 PM   #204 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Congrats on getting the metal tail reconstructed! I know that was an expensive crash you had earlier.
It was worth the money I spent Plus the align 360mm blue blades saves a lot by buying blems $14 a set with the saving I could fix my tail back. Also have a set of yellow zeal 360mm & 62mm tail which I bought on sale p.s. I saved buying some GForce 1550mah 6S 40C lipos for $24 a piece COG is perfect. It could been cheaper using the stock tail grips & pitch slider but its looks great now.
Old 01-10-2016, 11:12 PM   #205 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got around to installing a few new parts on my 360 this weekend. It's so stable and locked in I took a picture real fast hands free..lol Also added the KST 215 servo to the tail and it's a big improvement.IMO

But seriously this heli flies great! It will do anything you throw at it and handles it like a champ.. Blade did a great job with this one!

Old 01-11-2016, 06:59 AM   #206 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris g. View Post
Got around to installing a few new parts on my 360 this weekend. It's so stable and locked in I took a picture real fast hands free..lol Also added the KST 215 servo to the tail and it's a big improvement.IMO

But seriously this heli flies great! It will do anything you throw at it and handles it like a champ.. Blade did a great job with this one!

Chris that was u on FB That was me talking about having Lynx ultra tail assembly I might add a new MH swashplate to mine.
Old 01-11-2016, 09:01 AM   #207 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by vronny View Post
Chris that was u on FB That was me talking about having Lynx ultra tail assembly I might add a new MH swashplate to mine.
You will definitely like it!

Being able to use the 2 blade setup or 3 without having to take the swashplate apart is a big plus as well. Not to mention the double bearings too.
Old 01-12-2016, 01:04 PM   #208 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just flew my 360cfx after my new Oxy 3. I like the Oxy, but I like my trusty 360 better. 😆
Old 01-19-2016, 09:35 AM   #209 (permalink)
Registered Users

Flew my new 360 out for the first time in the park! A shoddy solder job on my second lipo caused the heli to turn off and dive nose first but thankfully only thing that broke was the canopy struts. The canopy can be repaired and the blades and everything was fine, the FBL linkage just popped off so I flew another pack just fine! Had small vibes but i assume that is due to one blade being looser than the other after the crash but I need to do a full tear down today to check the spindle/main shaft.

I miss flying this perfection!
felixthemaster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2016, 01:09 PM   #210 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixthemaster View Post
Flew my new 360 out for the first time in the park! A shoddy solder job on my second lipo caused the heli to turn off and dive nose first but thankfully only thing that broke was the canopy struts. The canopy can be repaired and the blades and everything was fine, the FBL linkage just popped off so I flew another pack just fine! Had small vibes but i assume that is due to one blade being looser than the other after the crash but I need to do a full tear down today to check the spindle/main shaft.

I miss flying this perfection!
Sorry to hear. Check your top main bearing. I always notch mine even after a light crash. I've never obviously bent a main shaft yet, though I usually just put one on anyway. And yup, could be the feathering Shaft.
Old 01-19-2016, 01:45 PM   #211 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Sorry to hear. Check your top main bearing. I always notch mine even after a light crash. I've never obviously bent a main shaft yet, though I usually just put one on anyway. And yup, could be the feathering Shaft.
I got myself a main shaft and spindle as well in case i did bend it. Maybe I shouldn't have but seems like these are common parts to break in a crash. Also probably a good time to install those breakaway horns as well

Must be a beefy main shaft to dent the bearing without bending!
Old 01-19-2016, 05:08 PM   #212 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey do post what you find. I found some but they are for standard size servos and not for micro servos like the 360 cyclics.

Quote:
I got myself a main shaft and spindle as well in case i did bend it. Maybe I shouldn't have but seems like these are common parts to break in a crash. Also probably a good time to install those breakaway horns as well

Must be a beefy main shaft to dent the bearing without bending!
Team Aeropanda / Podcast host Skids Up
toadiscoil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2016, 05:33 PM   #213 (permalink)
Registered Users

I can't seem to find mine, so I ordered another.

They seem the same size when I compared them to the stock horns. Here is an alternative.
Old 01-19-2016, 09:00 PM   #214 (permalink)
Registered Users

The main shaft is pretty beefy, but you'd be surprised at how easy the top bearing gets notchy. You can test it by inserting an extra main shaft into the one bearing and putting a slight radial(side) load on the shaft as you rotate it. Should be smooth and not gritty. That was the main cause of vibe issues for me.

The only breakaway servo horns I could find are these. They work great with the KST DS215MG servos. Takes a good month to get them from China though.

https://bnc.lt/m/617xKkbthq
Old 01-20-2016, 04:19 AM   #215 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
The main shaft is pretty beefy, but you'd be surprised at how easy the top bearing gets notchy. You can test it by inserting an extra main shaft into the one bearing and putting a slight radial(side) load on the shaft as you rotate it. Should be smooth and not gritty. That was the main cause of vibe issues for me.
An extra main shaft? How do I fit two main shafts in the bearing?
There was no play in the main shaft for me. I'll try to put a side load and spin it.

I assume this extra thickness near the bearing is normal?

The blade grips do feel notchy but it is very even on both sides so I assume it is normal. Even when the spindle is loose it is notch a little, so I will fly and see if the pitch feels the same.

Edit: I think I am fine, The heli fell nose first with almost no blade energy with the blade parallel to the ground Only canopy and pins suffered! The FBL linkage that popped off seems as smooth and undamaged as the other one so I guess I am lucky

Also, I spin the heli bladeless and no vibes in the head, main shaft seems unbent. The spindle seems unbent as well since I spin it on one side and the other side didn't do the weird bent spindle dance I have seen a few times I may take it apart to grease it anyways but I need to get some thrust bearing grease, whatever that is. My 3000 weight silicone oil cant work on everything, right?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160120_000711.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	630964  
Old 01-20-2016, 06:44 AM   #216 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

The only breakaway servo horns I could find are these. They work great with the KST DS215MG servos. Takes a good month to get them from China though.

https://bnc.lt/m/617xKkbthq
anythingheli.com has them in the x3 parts..2-3 days ship
Old 01-20-2016, 11:17 AM   #217 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
An extra main shaft? How do I fit two main shafts in the bearing?
There was no play in the main shaft for me. I'll try to put a side load and spin it.
Lol, sorry if I was unclear. Take the existing main shaft out. If the blade head is not attached to that, you can use that shaft to test the top bearing. If you happen to have an extra main shaft lying around you can use that. If the top bearing is notchy, with a little side load applied, then you remove it and test the second bearing and so forth. In my experience the top bearing always fails first. So if it is good, the others are highly likely to be ok.
Old 01-21-2016, 05:44 PM   #218 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just replace the AR7200BX to a mini Vbar paired with the vcontrol radio. Now I like it more. Ive been flying it more since putting the mini vbar.
sikwati is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2016, 05:45 PM   #219 (permalink)
Registered Users

I hear so many good things about that little thing. Is it smoother or something? Or does it have more tuning options?
Old 01-23-2016, 08:26 AM   #220 (permalink)
Registered Users

Had a nice windy day out

Didn't hover great in the wind and it kept getting blown off but forward flight and flips were great!

Here is a boring (way too long) slow mo of a few flips:

360 CFX slow motion flips test (0 min 49 sec)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160123_132857.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	631497   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160123_132851.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	631498   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160123_132935.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	631499   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160123_133334.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	158.3 KB
ID:	631500  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in