Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 360CFX

360CFX Blade 360 CFX Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2017, 10:28 AM   #341 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did my first flight this morning before the sun came up and the rain was starting to come . It was rock solid and all went well. Now need to get to the field open her up.

Last edited by Nytro97; 11-03-2017 at 06:59 PM..
Nytro97 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2017, 05:17 PM   #342 (permalink)
Registered Users

New heli Nytro?

--Blade 500 3D--Blade 360CFX--Blade 450 3D--Blade 230S--Blade 130S (x2)--Blade MCPX BL--Blade MSR-X--Blade MSR--Estes Proto X--UMX Radian---DX8 Gen 2--Heli-X 4.2 Sim--
helitack32f1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2017, 07:05 PM   #343 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yep, Just got it yesterday...new old stock. Just soldered up another Pulse 1350 and plan on flying tomorrow in a larger air space.
Old 11-03-2017, 10:13 PM   #344 (permalink)
Registered Users

Awesome and congrats! I suspect you will love it. I got mine this summer and was very restricted in the size of my airspace. it was a whole new world when I found wide open spaces!

--Blade 500 3D--Blade 360CFX--Blade 450 3D--Blade 230S--Blade 130S (x2)--Blade MCPX BL--Blade MSR-X--Blade MSR--Estes Proto X--UMX Radian---DX8 Gen 2--Heli-X 4.2 Sim--
helitack32f1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2017, 02:17 PM   #345 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did a couple of flights at my field this morning. The wind was more than what I normally fly in and it was about 49 degrees, But I soldered on because the flying season here is rapidly coming to a close.
It fly's great and is very smooth. Tracking looks perfect and there are no vibes what so ever. I wish the wind was not blowing so much so I could get a true feel. It is very predictable and went where I put it.
It truly is a nice heli, built just like my 270. Now for just a couple more wind free and warm days....Please.
Old 11-13-2017, 07:34 AM   #346 (permalink)
Registered Users

It may be normal or the angle of the shot, but the grips look like they droop a little. Very strange looking. Maybe check and make sure everything is tight?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytro97 View Post
Did my first flight this morning before the sun came up and the rain was starting to come . It was rock solid and all went well. Now need to get to the field open her up.

EGODRIFT Team, Lynx/Oxy Field Rep
jrman83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2017, 09:59 PM   #347 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well since the weather has not been cooperating and not flying, I installed the Lynx tail box I just received.
Not sure what the deal is with this one is...It doesn't have a shiny surface like the one on my 270. It is more like a matte finish. I believe the lynx quality control missed it on this one.

Old 11-14-2017, 10:03 PM   #348 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrman83 View Post
It may be normal or the angle of the shot, but the grips look like they droop a little. Very strange looking. Maybe check and make sure everything is tight?
It must be something with the camera angle or something....looking at it there is no droop. Everything is tight.
Old 12-02-2017, 08:49 PM   #349 (permalink)
Registered Users

First time that I had a dead calm day (in a long time) and it was about 48 degrees And it was light out. Can't fly after work because it is dark and the rest of the time the weathers has been crappy.( It is December)

I have only put a few flights on it and this is the first time I have had a calm day. Let me tell you it fly's much lighter than the 270. The 360 is a very light platform. It fly's fantastic....locked and precise. I see why so many like this Heli. I will have to get more time with it for the feel. I am so use to the 270 that I love.
Old 04-27-2018, 11:51 AM   #350 (permalink)
Registered Users

Had a stock cyclic servo fail and lock up on me during flight, somehow managed to land it on the heli pad, no damage.

Replaced with turnigy 306's, redid centering etc on the ar7200bx, test flew it this morning, back to it's usual awesomeness, great!

Definitely can't say there was any improvement by going with the 'better' servos, but yeah it's back in the air and making me happy again!
1am7h30n3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2018, 12:08 PM   #351 (permalink)
Registered Users

i like that matte finish!
plus many others 420 and under
Indokast is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2018, 12:35 AM   #352 (permalink)
Registered Users

Crashed the 360 3s and the 230s today, although neither of them were strictly pilot error.

After replacing the spektrum fbl with the ikon 2 and telemetry RX, I took it up for its 2nd flight. Pre-flight check was good and I had it up in the air for a few minutes doing basic circuits.

As soon as I went inverted, I had a sudden loss of power, and it autorotated to the ground, landing on the blades. It hit the dirt head first, leaving a few scratches on the blades and blade grips as well as popping off a swash link.

It turns out that the RX extension lead had come loose. I had secured it fairly tightly with electric tape, but it clearly wasnít good enough.

I did get it back into the air after resecuring the RX extension, linkage and straightening the tail boom. Other than a slight drift backwards (probably bent linkage), it flew without issue or any noticeable vibrations.

The 230s was a mechanical issue. I was entering a tail down, skids out funnel when the tail rotor blades exploded. I hit hold before it hit the dirt.

It landed on the skids, shearing off one of the screws and snapping the right skid. It also cracked the frame, but itís secured nicely with several zip ties. Other than that, no visible damage.

I managed to recover the tail rotor and one of the blades had snapped right off. Upon closer inspection, it was clear that some loctite had gotten intonthe plastic.

I was very fortunate today, but I obviously need to be more careful in my builds and routine maintenance checks. Safety first!
tembit is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2018, 07:37 AM   #353 (permalink)
Registered Users

more typical to use hot glue on the leads into the FBL unit rather than electrical tape
tomatwalden is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2018, 08:25 PM   #354 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomatwalden View Post
more typical to use hot glue on the leads into the FBL unit rather than electrical tape

That definitely makes sense. I was thinking of heatshrink , but hot glue will probably hold better.
tembit is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2019, 01:08 PM   #355 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Align Trex 500X Skids

Thought these might work, so I took a chance and bought a set. I cut 67mm off the skid tubes. I used a small tube cutter, you can buy these at Walmart for $4. Works great. I was a little concerned with the angle, its more than on my Trex 470LP, but flew 4 packs yesterday and they work great, gets that tail way up there, I fly off grass. Gives it a great stance and wide, very stable. Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP1011.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	196.7 KB
ID:	769021   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP1012.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	182.3 KB
ID:	769023   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP1013.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	261.0 KB
ID:	769025  

Last edited by BgSkyFlyr; 01-19-2019 at 03:31 AM..
BgSkyFlyr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2019, 01:28 PM   #356 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Blade 360 cfx

Test flew my 360 on Sunday 01/13/2019, I was very disappointed, It has a excessive tailwag about 2inches left and right. The heli is brand new just out of the box. Set it up according to the manual and checked it numerous times, everything is per the manual. I can use any help that anyone can give me
tonymrc1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2019, 11:29 PM   #357 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BgSkyFlyr View Post
Thought these might work, so I took a chance and bought a set. I cut 67mm off the skid tubes. I used a small tube cutter, you can buy these at Walmart for $4. Works great. I was a little concerned with the angle, its more than on the Trex I believe, but flew 4 packs yesterday and they work great, gets that tail way up there, I fly off grass. Gives it a great stance and wide, very stable. Enjoy!
The heli looks great with that skid, I dont fly off grass anymore because I hate getting my tail blades all green. This might be the ticket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonymrc1 View Post
Test flew my 360 on Sunday 01/13/2019, I was very disappointed, It has a excessive tailwag about 2inches left and right. The heli is brand new just out of the box. Set it up according to the manual and checked it numerous times, everything is per the manual. I can use any help that anyone can give me
If the tail wags back and forth check your gain in the Tx. Might have to adjust it. Unfortunately some tuning is still required even though Blade claims its perfect out of the box its not but its close.
Old 01-17-2019, 07:27 AM   #358 (permalink)
Registered Users

which gain are we talking about, manual is confusing.
Old 01-17-2019, 03:12 PM   #359 (permalink)
Registered Users

Go into your transmitter and set your gain to about 51% and start from there. Which FBL do you have a636 or 7200bx?
Old 01-18-2019, 11:00 AM   #360 (permalink)
Registered Users

a636

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in