Jeti and SK720 BE - Page 2 - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Skookum Robotics

Skookum Robotics Skookum Robotics SK-360 SK-540 & SK-720 Digital Flybar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2015, 12:44 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrayted View Post

The solution was to first set the throttle channel endpoints to 150% in the TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonkievan View Post
That worked
That's very strange. Mine are at default -100/+100 and I had no problem.

I previously was using only half that range! (0/+100) just to see the same throttle values in Jeti, SK-Plot, and jLog logs.

But +/- 150 will be something I'll try just to have an increased precision when setting Helijive head speeds.
Groucho_ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2016, 01:30 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Jeti DS24 and Skookum720be Yikes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonkievan View Post
What are people using with their Jeti Tx-Rx and 720 BE. UDI or PPM?

Thanks
I am not up with the skills of most of the posts I read so I've really been having a slow go with my new set-up. I tried following servo mapping that others have shared and I had no luck. I've just slowly plodded along and done alot of trial and error. (I'm always afraid I'll see the dreaded blue smoke when I'm trying to get the cables in places where they will work.)

So, here's how I connected the R9 jeti rx to a Skookum720 be when in UDI mode.

Throttle/Power from BEC to BATT on Jeti R9.
Standard servo cable from R9 SAT to IO-B on Skookum 720BE

I tried all kinds of hookups from posts but I think most or all were for R3 rxs.

Anyhow, this works. Now, for the channel mapping. Holy Moses I played hell trying to figure this out.

I finally came up with something that works. I wasn't comfortable Mapping things from recommendations. I wanted to KNOW it was the right place. Besides, I couldn't get it to work from recommendations.

I went to "Servo Assignment" in the Jeti DS24 and put the (...) in EVERY field, 1-6. Then I looked at the CONNECTED SK720 BE "Inputs From Receiver" in the Skookum set-up software.

Then I went to a field I wanted to make happen such as RUDDER. I then tried Servo number 1,2,3,4,5,6, etc. and changed the Assignment on the "Select Option" page and did the trial and error thing until I got the RUDDER field in the Skookum "Inputs From Receiver" to register movement. (Starting with nothing or (...) in each field really made things easier.) Then I moved on to another field I wanted to see movement in such as Throttle.

This is wonderful way to find out exactly what the Skookum 720BE is looking for from the Jeti RX.

WOW! Finally. I've been pulling my hair out. I still have a long way to go but at least I've got to this point. I've got to say it. At first I had some serious buyer's remorse after purchasing a JetiDS24. Now that I've just started to scratch the surface and can see just how much you can do with a Jeti, I'll never go back to Spectrum.

What a difference. From a Spectrum DX9 to a Jeti DS24. Hey! I waited years to finally pull the trigger on a new TX. I'm glad I got in on the DS24. You've got to love that color screen. Oh and don't forget the built in FM tuner.

Last for this post. I took the Jeti out in full sunlight. I can easily see the color display. I don't think Jeti screws around. I'm getting the impression that they think of everything they can before letting a new product out.

Until my next dilemma, Kirk.
justwannahavefun is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2016, 02:24 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yes, I can completely empathize with what you are going through, Kirk, also coming from a DX9.

I had a week or so of buyers remorse while trying to figure out programming on my DS16 Carbon and getting it to play nice with 3 different FBLs.

I had many 'head scratch' moments and expletive filled conversations with myself but it all works out in the end and, although I'm not an expert, I can now set up my tx to new helis in minutes rather than days

It does get easier.
Bonkievan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2016, 02:54 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

When connected to USB, there's a Skook dead spot near zero pitch so you can adjust the swash easier. That may be the jittering you're feeling when going full pitch to full neg pitch.

Dan
Old 12-20-2016, 07:24 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

I know this is an old thread but still...
is the UDI (and PPM) still the only option to connect SK720 black to Jeti REX receivers? Or does it work with EX protocol already?

just wondering before Is tart my setup...

gh
goodhunting is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2016, 04:07 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

You are correct. UDI or PPM. No Skookum updates expected in the future.
Dan
Old 12-21-2016, 01:10 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK thank you for the answer..
I'll run UDI then...

gh
goodhunting is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2017, 09:29 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just moved from DX9 to DS16 & trying to set up my first heli, but not having much luck.

EX R3 is bound & connected to 10-B port from RX port 4. I have set it to UDI-computed & changed setting in SK540 to PPM (futaba/jeti)

I have NO rx inputs going to SK from TX, gyro corrections for swash are working but that is all, nothing on tail.

Any help is appreciated
JETI DS-16, SKOOKUM & YGE
rcnorth is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2017, 12:26 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK made some progress, now to get the channel assignments sorted out
JETI DS-16, SKOOKUM & YGE
rcnorth is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.