Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 150 Class Electric Helicopters

150 Class Electric Helicopters 150 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2015, 05:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Problems with binding Gen2 DX6 & DX7 with Trex 150

Hi folks. I was just wondering if anyone else was aware of a problem with the Gen 2 DX6 & DX7 not binding with the Trex 150?

I bought a 150 a few weeks ago and couldn't get it to bind with my new DX7. It was strange as The Sat and the Tx would bind - solid LED on Sat and Tx would say "Bind Complete", but the MRS lights would stay red. At first I thought it might be the bind plug as I pulled one of the wires out of it after the 4th failed bind attempt. I fixed it but still not joy. The retailer sent a new plug but it still didn't bind. Tried binding in DSMX (the way it tells you too) and also in DSM2 just as something to try. Tried holding the set button for various lengths of time etc, but it just wouldn't work. As I say the Sat would bind with TX, but not the board itself.

Retailer told me to send it back with my Tx and they would try - I got the feeling they thought it was me being dumb. I got call from them a few days later saying the heli was fine and it flew with other Tx's, but they couldn't get it to fly with a Gen2 DX6 or DX7. They said they were waiting to hear back from both Horizon and Align. I ended up getting a different model.

As it stands, apparently there is some kind of issue between the new Gen2 DX6&7 and the MRS board. Something to do with dodgy protocol and not doing a "handshake", at least according to my retailer. They said they have had 4 or 5 150's returned with the same issue in the past few weeks. Spoke to them again today (as I'd still like to get a 150 at some point), but apparently they haven't heard anything back about a fix yet. I called another retailer I use, who strangely said he hadn't heard of this problem yet. I was just wondering if anyone else had had issues?

Last edited by DopeyWomble; 04-21-2015 at 10:46 AM..
DopeyWomble is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2015, 11:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nope not an issue at all flying great. New DX6 - think of it like the DX8 programming guide that is out there from Alan S. But you will have to reverse servos and minor adjustments are different.

First and foremost - a start point is the MSR pots.. I use 1 oclock on roll and 12 on gain and do all my other adjustments from the raidio.

What are you using?

THE REASON... and you will love this.. that it is RED is that your gain is not above.. get this... 51.9 % SOOO put your gain to 52% and do not go lower on the radio. (Make sure the pots on the MSR are at least at the 12 oclock postions. (BOTH).

Start there and report back... so many people I know had this issue and I told them to do this and they both went green and bound..

Dumb yep..
NOTE: This is assuming you have a DSMX Satellite involved in this...

so:
Gain to over 52% on the radio prior
Both pots to 12 oclock make sure not 6 oclock... some are turned down from the factory.. THEN go through the bind process. Unplug the satellite and repeat if it does not do it right away

ALIGN Trex 150 Unboxing and binding to Spektrum radio with Alan Szabo Jr. (10 min 12 sec)
Mikado Logo 700/Synergy 516\Vbar Vcontrol Touch/Neo/RCHN #612 IRCHA#5289
Iskareot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2020, 08:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have the same problem and it’s 5 years later.
AirMuggy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2020, 08:24 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iskareot View Post
Nope not an issue at all flying great. New DX6 - think of it like the DX8 programming guide that is out there from Alan S. But you will have to reverse servos and minor adjustments are different.

First and foremost - a start point is the MSR pots.. I use 1 oclock on roll and 12 on gain and do all my other adjustments from the raidio.

What are you using?

THE REASON... and you will love this.. that it is RED is that your gain is not above.. get this... 51.9 % SOOO put your gain to 52% and do not go lower on the radio. (Make sure the pots on the MSR are at least at the 12 oclock postions. (BOTH).

Start there and report back... so many people I know had this issue and I told them to do this and they both went green and bound..

Dumb yep..
NOTE: This is assuming you have a DSMX Satellite involved in this...

so:
Gain to over 52% on the radio prior
Both pots to 12 oclock make sure not 6 oclock... some are turned down from the factory.. THEN go through the bind process. Unplug the satellite and repeat if it does not do it right away

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1Q0AiDkfXk
Bought trex150 2 weeks ago and still can’t get it to bind to dx6 gen 2. Same problem 5 years later so they never resolved it. It binds to my dx4e but will not complete the entire bind process to grs
AirMuggy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2020, 06:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Do you have another RX to plug in the SAT you are using with the GRS unit, but bind it with the other RX. Then mount in the 150 and see if that works without needing to "bind". Just a thought.

My DX9 and an Orange DSMX sat worked without issue.
Old 01-03-2021, 11:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Try using the last gen dsmx sat remote receiver the one with two antennas...the150x won’t bind with the new single antenna dsmx spektrum sat and your dx7g2 radio.Something to do with the align fbl protocol and the new spektrum sat not being compatible
beastx / Helithunder( https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1X...s3ZRqyqpkMA11Q )
Helithunder is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in