Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 600X

Blade 600X Blade 600X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2015, 10:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 600x crashes

I know every crash is different but would like to hear what has been broken in a crash.

Let me know!

Lynx Heli Innovations Team Pilot
vertico is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2015, 11:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Most plantings will damage many of the following (pretty typical damage for any 550+ size heli): blades, canopy, skids, gears, boom, missing FBL/head linkages, spindle shaft, tail hub, and tail shaft. I usually keep some spare thrust bearings and radial bearings handy for the head and tail grips, since crashes will often damage those bearings. The 600X is built well, but don't let the "XYZ-birds-crash-really-well" people deceive you - any large heli will have a $200+ repair bill if you plant it any harder than a tip over. Discontinued or not, don't waste your money and stock up on things like swashplates, grips, and frame plates until you actually need them. If a crash damages the more expensive items (outside of the blades and canopy, of course), chances are you'll be placing an online order anyways, and waiting several days for that $5 part to arrive that you don't have; so when the time comes, just order new grips or whatever alongside the $5 part you don't have.

Uriah is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2015, 10:08 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My 550X crash was a complete rebuild. All the electronics survived. Also, the crash was all me....Dumb Thumbs!!!

That's what happens when you fly above your skill level. When I crashed my 700X, it was blades and tail only. Went in tail first, but still was over $250 to fix it.

Big toys cost, no doubt....
Old 08-01-2015, 07:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Total rebuild here, very sad.
Old 08-02-2015, 03:32 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

LOL Vertico,

tooo many variables.

I have had crashes that didn't look too bad until you start pulling things apart and find more and more.

Then I have a tail in crash where the back end of the Heli just folded into an accordion .......but replaced the boom and a could of links.

Blades and shafts are the norms ....but then, the 600X and 550X seem to have pretty solid shafts.

You don't plan on it going down
...when it does,
you pick it up,
dust it off,
and replace the broken bits,
and fly again.
...the important bit is ...you learn something along the way. (hopefully ! )

...that's just part of this great sport

Phil.

P.S. 4 great flights on the 600X this weekend ..starting to enjoy it.
Old 08-04-2015, 12:05 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Crashed the 600X on Saturday....1st flight, I got in a hurry...elev servo was reversed...totally missed it on pre-flight and set-up. Gone, a nice set of RJX blades, main gear, and tail boom. $100.00 bill faster than going to the Harley Shop.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:56 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Crashed on Sunday

Crashed my 600X on Sunday. Came in really hard. Surprisingly all 4 servo's survived and all of the electronics ( I hope). Motor was thrown out because the frame broke apart in so many places. Really doubt that it will ever beat air again, just too many parts that didn't survive. Going to hang the remnants in my shop to remind me to practice maneuvers on the sim before I try them at the field.
Old 08-04-2015, 08:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Must have been the week end for a 600X episode. I either had a battery problem or a operator error problem and somehow didn't have a full charge on both the flight batteries. We lost power on that last two minutes of the flight. Only one of the batteries was down around 3.20 per cell. Fortunately I was in a low hover and it was a fairly soft landing in grass. There was no visible damage, but now we have a drift to the right in hover and didn't have that before, it was real nice. Any ideas as to what I might should check first. I was wondering if the feathering spindle could have been bent in the quick landing. I was considering going thru the Beast X set up and see if that would straighten things out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Robert
spaceshuttle is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2015, 09:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default 600x crashes

I would check cyclic and collective both mechanically and in the fbl

Lynx Heli Innovations Team Pilot

Last edited by vertico; 08-05-2015 at 06:28 AM..
vertico is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2015, 10:31 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by reichly View Post
Crashed my 600X on Sunday. Came in really hard. Surprisingly all 4 servo's survived and all of the electronics ( I hope). Motor was thrown out because the frame broke apart in so many places. Really doubt that it will ever beat air again, just too many parts that didn't survive. Going to hang the remnants in my shop to remind me to practice maneuvers on the sim before I try them at the field.
Thank you for your words of warning/wisdom. They will not go unheeded. I have had a 600x in the box waiting on all of the electronics to be in place first. Before I even start putting it together I'm going to invest in a good sim to practice flying first.
mastermynd01 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2015, 07:27 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertico View Post
I would check cyclic and collective both mechanically and in the fbl
I checked the pitch and it was off a little. After adjusting, it seems like most of the drift is gone. It didn't dawn on me, but the wind was blowing pretty good that day which added fuel to the flame. Thanks for advice
spaceshuttle is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2015, 06:13 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

All replacement parts are in! Wife is going out of town for 10 days! Looks like the 600X is going to get resurrected!
Old 09-09-2015, 06:53 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
All replacement parts are in! Wife is going out of town for 10 days! Looks like the 600X is going to get resurrected!

Good to see that parts are still available and in stock. I have a 600x and it is a great machine. Sad that it was dis-continued....
Old 09-21-2015, 04:11 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 600X back from the dead - ready for maiden.

All parts arrived, assembled smoothly, setup complete, ready for maiden this weekend! WOOHOO.

And it looks like my grass is coming back as well.
Crash date Aug 2 2015
Assembly Complete Sep 20 2015

Last edited by reichly; 09-21-2015 at 04:29 PM.. Reason: Reformatted Pictures
reichly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2015, 05:32 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
All parts arrived, assembled smoothly, setup complete, ready for maiden this weekend! WOOHOO.

And it looks like my grass is coming back as well.
Crash date Aug 2 2015
Assembly Complete Sep 20 2015

What length are the cyclone mains.. 615? I've been curious if they fit and how they fly compared to the stock revos.
D22597 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2015, 08:27 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

So far just main blades from tip overs......knock on wood!!!!
technut is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2015, 10:00 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 615 with 105 tail

615 mains with 105 tail. That is the combo I found on Cyclone's website. They fit just fine, I did have to insert the included brass bushings into the root holes for them to work. It appears the clearance from the main blades to the tails will not be an issue.

As far as how they fly, I haven't spun the rotor as of yet, planning on doing so this weekend. I'm probably not skilled enough to be able to tell the difference however. I will do a physical comparison on this thread as well. https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=713690

Quote:
Originally Posted by D22597 View Post
What length are the cyclone mains.. 615? I've been curious if they fit and how they fly compared to the stock revos.

Last edited by reichly; 09-22-2015 at 06:35 PM..
reichly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2015, 05:51 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
615 mains with 105 tail. That is the combo I found on Cyclone's website. They fit just fine, I did have to insert the included brass bushings into the root holes for them to work. It appears the clearance from the main blades to the tails will not be an issue.

As far as how they fly, I haven't spun the rotor as of yet, planning on doing so this weekend. I'm probably not skilled enough to be able to tell the difference however. I will do a physical comparison on this thread as well. ->http://cyclone-blades.com/products/6...105-tail-combo

Thanks! I appreciate the info and look forward to the comparison!!
D22597 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2015, 06:35 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

As far as how they fly, I haven't spun the rotor as of yet, planning on doing so this weekend. I'm probably not skilled enough to be able to tell the difference however. I will do a physical comparison on this thread as well. https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=713690
Corrected address of comparison thread:
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=713690

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in