Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Mikado V-BAR Control

Mikado V-BAR Control Mikado V-Stabi/V-BAR Control Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2016, 09:01 AM   #241 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default great support!

Just need to add my vote for this application. I reported an issue and it was fixed in less than 24 hours. Not only does this have invaluable features, it has support behind it!

If you use this, and haven't hit the donate button, think about how useful it is and hit that button!
joelr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2016, 01:23 PM   #242 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

For all you pilots with GPS hardware there is a new exciting update on the VControl, and of course full support in the analyzer.

The VControl will now log position, speed and height. The speed and height can be seen in the telemetry graph, and there is an option in the analyzer to export a KML track for google earth. You will see max recorded speed and height on the KML track.

You need to enable Writing of GPS logs in the transmitter. Go to GPS Settings and change from "write kml" to "write csv".

http://linlar.org/vbc
Only the ground is the limit!
LinusLarsson is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2016, 02:14 PM   #243 (permalink)
Registered Users

Very cool I probably wont add a GPS on mine until they release a hard deck for the neo.
Old 04-20-2016, 09:37 AM   #244 (permalink)
Registered Users

There si a small bugfix out, v4.2.1 which actually does import GPS logs

http://www.linlar.org/vbc
Old 04-20-2016, 12:41 PM   #245 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is an exported KML track, viewed in Google earth, pretty cool. You see max speed and max altitude. When exporting this I noticed my speedruns are over 800M long! That's insane.

I couldn't catch more than a few satellites today and I believe that 213kmh is a little bit on the happy side. But not really that far off. Maybe 200kmh true speed.

Old 04-24-2016, 03:48 AM   #246 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I cannot import anything, program just hangs after clicking import. Have to eventually close the program forcefully. Ver4.2.1, previous version worked, really would like to see the GPS data on G/Earth.
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Vinger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2016, 10:43 AM   #247 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sent you a PM Vinger!
Old 04-24-2016, 10:53 PM   #248 (permalink)
Registered Users

Linus

Any plans to make the logging features available for us folks without the current sensors? It'd be nice to have the flight logs.
jbaum81 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2016, 01:47 AM   #249 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbaum81 View Post
Linus

Any plans to make the logging features available for us folks without the current sensors? It'd be nice to have the flight logs.
Hi jbaum, The Flight Analyzer program reads the 'Mikado' log files out of the VControl radio. But that's the point, the log files have to be in the VControl radio for Flight Analyzer to be able to read them. If someone wasn't running a Mikado I/U sensor, then the log files (for voltage and current) wont be in the VControl for Flight Analyzer to read.

As far as I am aware, Mikado still don't have any plans to support other / 3rd party (current) sensors (ie JLog) at this point in time.

The Flight Analyzer program is all about logging and displaying battery, current and voltage info and stats.

Hope this info helps and answers your question.

Mark R
Regards, Mark R (#248)
TRex 700E V-Bar NEO, BLS251, DS8915's, HJive120, JLog, VControl Carbon
TDR 710 CYs, V-Bar NEO, MPH83s, Jive 120, JLog, R2 Buffer, VControl Carbon
Logo600SX 600 CYs, V-Bar NEO, 8715s, Jive120, JLog, R2 Buffer, VControl Carbon
Wizza is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2016, 03:32 AM   #250 (permalink)
Registered Users

There are more logs than the UI logs though.

There has never been a strong reason to make the program work without the UI sensor. All you would get is the VBar log. Now with GPS there actually is a reason since the program does nice tracks from the GPS data.

However, the program is built around the UI sensor, what you see on the first screen in the program is data directly from the UI sensor. So I would have to rework quite a bit to get "non ui log" flights in there.

There are also a lot of small problems, how do I separate the flights from the setup starts etc. I do not want to make a 80% program, either the design works or I don't implement the feature.

So it's still undecided if the program will work without UI sensor.
Old 04-26-2016, 09:43 PM   #251 (permalink)
Registered Users

Linus,

I just fired up your analyzer for the first time (first flights) this year. I'm still using ver. 4.0.1

I will probably update it fairly soon to 4.2.1 unless there are any bugs with it on Mac OS 10.10.5 Yosemite.

I do have a question though... Might you be updating it to allow users to print the main graph (from the normal File>Print menu) on the Mac?

Right now the only option in that menu is: "Import from VBar Control"

Not that I would be printing all the time but it would be nice to have that ability.

Also of note, I have 33 logs from my 600SE this year so it looks like even though the VControl overwrites it's logs on the screen after 30 flights, it's keeping more than that in memory enabling Flight Analyzer to download all 33 logs.

This might be normal but for some reason I was thinking the VControl only saved the last/most recent 30 logs.
Old 04-27-2016, 07:46 AM   #252 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D Dave View Post

Also of note, I have 33 logs from my 600SE this year so it looks like even though the VControl overwrites it's logs on the screen after 30 flights, it's keeping more than that in memory enabling Flight Analyzer to download all 33 logs.

This might be normal but for some reason I was thinking the VControl only saved the last/most recent 30 logs.
That's good to know I try to pull my logs under 20. I thought 20 was the limit for the Ui logs. Did you have a full 33 with both the vbar and Ui logs? I thought it drops the Ui logs after 20 but still pulls the flights.
Old 04-27-2016, 02:13 PM   #253 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't remember if both were there. I'll have to check if all 33 vbar logs are there too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver1071 View Post
That's good to know I try to pull my logs under 20. I thought 20 was the limit for the Ui logs. Did you have a full 33 with both the vbar and Ui logs? I thought it drops the Ui logs after 20 but still pulls the flights.
Old 04-27-2016, 10:37 PM   #254 (permalink)
Registered Users

I didn't start using your analyzer until late last fall but here's what I can report...

When "Only more than 1/4 capacity used" is selected,

2015 shows 149 cycles (flights) for my Logo 600SE but only 24 Vbar Logs and 24 UI Logs.

So far 2016 actually shows 31 flights but only 25 Vbar Logs and 24 UI Logs.

I'm not sure why the discrepancies and why I'm not getting at least 30 Vbar & UI logs.

I don't use the V-Bar battery labels but I select the correct battery manually every time I fly.
Old 04-27-2016, 10:50 PM   #255 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Dave, Have you updated your VControl to latest software..??? There was a known bug and intermittently the log files would be written to the root of the file system and not into the correct log folder. If you plug into USB, look in the root folder on your VControl, and if you see stray log files there, it was that particular bug. Has since been addressed and fixed. That may explain the discrepancy in log files you are seeing...

Mark R
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D Dave View Post
I didn't start using your analyzer until late last fall but here's what I can report...

When "Only more than 1/4 capacity used" is selected,

2015 shows 149 cycles (flights) for my Logo 600SE but only 24 Vbar Logs and 24 UI Logs.

So far 2016 actually shows 31 flights but only 25 Vbar Logs and 24 UI Logs.

I'm not sure why the discrepancies and why I'm not getting at least 30 Vbar & UI logs.

I don't use the V-Bar battery labels but I select the correct battery manually every time I fly.
Regards, Mark R (#248)
Old 04-28-2016, 01:57 AM   #256 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinger View Post
I cannot import anything, program just hangs after clicking import. Have to eventually close the program forcefully. Ver4.2.1, previous version worked, really would like to see the GPS data on G/Earth.
Just a note, this problem was traced to a USB issue with my older workshop laptop, all runs fine on PC.
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Vinger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2016, 03:20 AM   #257 (permalink)
Registered Users

3D Dave,

Every flight you have ever done will always be imported with basic data. This is saved in the battery logs in the transmitter (basically what you see on the front screen of the analyzer), this is never rotated by the transmitter and is only one line in a log file per flight.

If you got more data than that (UI telemetry log / Vbar log), there has to be more logs saved on your transmitter. There is no problem with this as far as I am concered. You can check the number of logs in the log/model folder of the transmitter. These are the logs that are rotated.
Old 04-28-2016, 03:24 PM   #258 (permalink)
Registered Users

There is a small update with some bugfixes, mostly GPS related.

http:://linlar.org/vbc
Old 04-28-2016, 04:38 PM   #259 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks Linus. I'll give it a run on the weekend with the GPS module...

M
Regards, Mark R (#248)
Old 04-28-2016, 08:25 PM   #260 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Mark.

Yes, I know there was an update over the winter but I don't fly outside during that time so postponed the update.

Then, when I go out for the first few times after the winter, I prefer to fly my old setup for a few outings to make sure everything is still working as it should be.

I will probably update my VControl & software in the next week or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
Dave, Have you updated your VControl to latest software..??? There was a known bug and intermittently the log files would be written to the root of the file system and not into the correct log folder. If you plug into USB, look in the root folder on your VControl, and if you see stray log files there, it was that particular bug. Has since been addressed and fixed. That may explain the discrepancy in log files you are seeing...

Mark R
That's great to know Linus. I assume then that every flight I've ever done (and ever do) will be shown by your program?

I will update everything very soon and see how it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinusLarsson View Post
3D Dave,

Every flight you have ever done will always be imported with basic data. This is saved in the battery logs in the transmitter (basically what you see on the front screen of the analyzer), this is never rotated by the transmitter and is only one line in a log file per flight.

If you got more data than that (UI telemetry log / Vbar log), there has to be more logs saved on your transmitter. There is no problem with this as far as I am concered. You can check the number of logs in the log/model folder of the transmitter. These are the logs that are rotated.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in