Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Mikado V-BAR Control

Mikado V-BAR Control Mikado V-Stabi/V-BAR Control Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2017, 11:01 PM   #381 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Richard.

If it's per battery, that will last me several days worth of flights.

If it's 20 total flights, then I will have to download the logs about every 2 days.

Maybe Linus can confirm this.

I guess the detailed logs are not a big deal. I'm mainly concerned with logging (and having in Linus' analyzer graph) for:

-Number of flights on each of my Logos

-Number of cycles on each battery

-Average and peak current measured for each flight.
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2017, 11:27 PM   #382 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry Dave....I don't know the number. The "detailed logs" number is significantly less though.......especially if you have the GPS logging turned on as well.

KevinB
KevinB is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2017, 03:29 AM   #383 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hi guys, these are the numbers

Detail logs the VControl stores are 20 per model. Then it cycles, so you always have the last 20 flights.

Logs without details are forever, They never rotate.

What this means is if you download the analyzer today an di inital import you may very well get all of last years flights also, but not details (UI Graph) for everything.
Only the ground is the limit!
LinusLarsson is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2017, 01:27 PM   #384 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Linus.

20 logs per model is decent.

I do about 8-10 flights of each model in one day so that's about 2 flying days worth of data. I'm thinking I'll just need to connect my V-Control to the Mac after every weekend (or at least every other weekend) in order to get all my UI detailed flight graphs.

Thanks again!
Old 05-21-2017, 09:19 AM   #385 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Linus,

Just a quick question is where are the files saved on my mac? Also to backup the DB.

Thanks,
Marco
MarcoSc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2017, 08:11 AM   #386 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcoSc View Post
Hi Linus,

Just a quick question is where are the files saved on my mac? Also to backup the DB.

Thanks,
Marco
Sorry for late answer

It's in your home directory, it's called .vcontrol.db

Since it's a dot file it's hidden from Finder, I think you can enable finder to view hidden files. Or you can copy it using the terminal..

open terminal (You are in your home directory)

Code:
cp .vcontrol.db vcontrol.db.bak
The backup will be visible. If you need to restore just revert the process
Old 07-01-2017, 02:15 PM   #387 (permalink)
Registered Users

Now that I'm not using the Mikado UI sensor that data is obviously missing when importing. I am using the new tribunus esc from scorpion and it feeds the neo with all the same telemtry. Is it not possible to display in the log analyzer? Does it not store the data on the vcontrol the same way or?
mc20piece is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2017, 03:21 PM   #388 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc20piece View Post
Now that I'm not using the Mikado UI sensor that data is obviously missing when importing. I am using the new tribunus esc from scorpion and it feeds the neo with all the same telemtry. Is it not possible to display in the log analyzer? Does it not store the data on the vcontrol the same way or?
You need to be running the latest beta and make sure you have logging enabled in the vcontrol. Should see a file like "01450_sco.csv" if it's logging properly.

If you import logs on a version that doesn't pick up the scorpion logs, it won't re-import using the new version without doing some fiddling.
Old 07-01-2017, 04:03 PM   #389 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by smwht View Post
You need to be running the latest beta and make sure you have logging enabled in the vcontrol. Should see a file like "01450_sco.csv" if it's logging properly.

If you import logs on a version that doesn't pick up the scorpion logs, it won't re-import using the new version without doing some fiddling.
Damn looks like I'll need to do some fiddling. What do I need to do to force it to re-import?

Last edited by mc20piece; 07-01-2017 at 04:47 PM..
mc20piece is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2017, 06:28 PM   #390 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc20piece View Post
Damn looks like I'll need to do some fiddling. What do I need to do to force it to re-import?
So what I did was back up the .vcontrol database file and download sqlite3, then delete the flights I had imported from I think the battery table? Not in front of my computer or I'd check for you. There might be an easier way, and it's pretty easy to break the database of you remove the wrong thing (thus the backup).

If you happen to still have all your flight data (it ages off in the radio iirc) you could just remove the db file and import everything.

I don't remember if there's a "delete flight" option anywhere, but if there is then that'll be the easiest/safest way - remove all the flights that are missing data and import again.

Edit: faq says removing flights isn't supported. Not sure if that's current with the beta version or not.
Old 07-02-2017, 04:14 PM   #391 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi, no removing isn't supported, and I will not implement it, I really want to keep things simple.

You can do the sqlite thingy, but it's not recommended by me of course. Easiest is to just download the beta and use that from now on. It will pick up your new flights.

BTW, it should come out of beta soon.
Old 07-04-2017, 02:27 PM   #392 (permalink)
Registered Users

VBar control flight analyzer v5.0.0 is out. This is a complete rewrite from the 4.x series, read the notice about backing up your flight database before launching.

If anybody is having problems importing, please share so we can get this fixed ASAP. I have tested with most files you guys have sent me over the last year.

Download at:
http://linlar.org/vbc
Old 07-04-2017, 02:55 PM   #393 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Very nice. I like the additions/changes you made to UI since 3.

Do you have a way to submit requests yet, or are you still working on implementing features?

Aside from one little UI peculiarity, I don't see anything at all I'd change. Love the note taking ability. Like that it doesn't date-stamp automatically any more. Sometimes I forget to log changes and I need to predate the entries. Simple enough to just do it manually.
Old 07-04-2017, 04:08 PM   #394 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by cudaboy_71 View Post
Do you have a way to submit requests yet, or are you still working on implementing features?
No official way, but you are free to request something here May or may not be implemented though. I try to not devote too much time to this.
Old 07-05-2017, 06:54 AM   #395 (permalink)
Registered Users

Download isn't working for me. I have tried on Chrome, it just keeps restarting all the time. Tried on IE as well and it says download failed, try again.
Ozzy Mozzy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2017, 02:15 PM   #396 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy Mozzy View Post
Download isn't working for me. I have tried on Chrome, it just keeps restarting all the time. Tried on IE as well and it says download failed, try again.
Either github have problems or something is wrong at your end. I'm afraid I can't really assist you on this one. It downloads ok for me.
Old 07-05-2017, 04:16 PM   #397 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinusLarsson View Post
Either github have problems or something is wrong at your end. I'm afraid I can't really assist you on this one. It downloads ok for me.
It's ok It finally worked, no idea what it was though....
Ozzy Mozzy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2017, 04:16 PM   #398 (permalink)
Registered Users

Any chance of getting an update that will keep flight count of other Helios in our fleet not using a UI SENSOR?
I know I won't be able to see the telemetry but I would think that the flight count, vbar log and notes would be useful. I wpould love to be able to see how many flights I'm getting on my nitros.
I noticed when importing from the vbc it took some information from my non UI SENsor helis.
Trex 700L NEO / Mikado Logo 600SX Vbar 6.0/ Trex 470LM NEO, Oxy 2 CC Talon 25 NEO, 450 pro vbar 6.0pro/ Trex 700n DFC OS105HZR, Velocity50 Vbar 6.0pro -Oxy 5 NEO-/Trex 600efl PRO (Night Flyer) vbar/CC HV80 ......ALL VBAR CONTROL
Stevin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2017, 04:28 AM   #399 (permalink)
Registered Users

This has come up before and the answer is that there is just not enough data to do what we would want. I wouldn't even be able to differentiate a "setup start" from an actual flight.

/Linus
Old 08-03-2017, 09:59 PM   #400 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Can't import Scorpion Tribunis 14s 200 logs

I am unable to get the application to import my logs. I don't have UI sensor but have Tribunus 14s 200 on my Goblin 700. I have two files under the 700 folder named 00110_sco and 00111_sco along with standard _vbar files. if I open the _sco files in excel I see good info but nothing ever loads in the analyzer app. Any suggestions? I'm running latest app build and I tried on both my macOS hackintosh and a windows 10 machine.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 00110_sco.csv (17.0 KB, 22 views)
simul8tr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in