The Oblivion 300+ - a microheli project - Page 7 - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2015, 11:20 AM   #121 (permalink)
Banned

wider chord? for sure.

When you say double reflex I believe you are referring to asymmetrical.

back to the Oblivion,how are the radius's on the sls processing, leave any edges or are the corners perfectly smooth?
Icanfly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2015, 12:37 PM   #122 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Alex: Ha, finally someone understanding me I'm 17, working on a documentary about a seminar project at school. That's why I have limited time to respond or take new videos.. But maybe I'll manage to shoot one with the Lynx soon

Icanfly: The material is beautiful. Super smooth, no stair-effect on rounded surfaces. I'll let those pictures speak for me:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1698.JPG
Views:	905
Size:	551.2 KB
ID:	589673   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1697.JPG
Views:	665
Size:	580.9 KB
ID:	589674   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1699.JPG
Views:	920
Size:	528.9 KB
ID:	589675  
YouTube - AccuRC - Oblivion
Johnny31297 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2015, 02:04 PM   #123 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow! Those pictures realy speak for themself.
But i allso se a servo cable being cut and rejoined.
Do you cut all your servo cables to the lenght rewuired ore just bundle everything together somewhere?
Exo 500
Mr.Andersen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2015, 02:48 PM   #124 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yepp, the cables are shortened to save some weight there Chris built this prototype, he shortened them.

Took a short video for you guys. Looks like there's a serious storm coming, was quite windy. Lynx blades on it. Still not sure whether I like them, they feel a little floaty compared to the SAB i ran in the first video. Headspeed is the same, just governed this time
My mom had some trouble with the camera and the camera with the background so I cut the good parts together. Flighttime with Lynx was 4 minutes as well

Old 06-06-2015, 05:13 PM   #125 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Wow! Those pictures realy speak for themself.
very nice finish product.

Inspiring vid too glad you posted, noticed bog on the first tic toc set, you're only how old and can do that? Shortened wires? one of two ways, either open the servo and re-solder there or buy new jr ends, I used to do the first then went with the jr's now on everything, much cleaner.

don't expect me to tell you to go 4s again, check the oxy3 forums.

wow, nice heli design, new world style, cool.
Old 06-06-2015, 07:17 PM   #126 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny31297 View Post
Yepp, the cables are shortened to save some weight there Chris built this prototype, he shortened them.

Took a short video for you guys. Looks like there's a serious storm coming, was quite windy. Lynx blades on it. Still not sure whether I like them, they feel a little floaty compared to the SAB i ran in the first video. Headspeed is the same, just governed this time
My mom had some trouble with the camera and the camera with the background so I cut the good parts together. Flighttime with Lynx was 4 minutes as well

I like how you are beating the shit out of it in the backyard. We have very similar flying styles
Old 06-07-2015, 05:54 AM   #127 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think I'm in love

(ok, maybe I exaggerated a bit!)
dedados is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2015, 09:32 AM   #128 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks guys, appreciate it!
I'm still looking for the right blades, any more suggestions? The SAB I have are out of production, Zeal are optimized for way higher rpms and Lynx feel mushy under heavy load.
Old 06-07-2015, 10:44 AM   #129 (permalink)
Registered Users

Make your own, why not? 3D print them but make sure to have them polished for less drag. I might test some myself. You can make many different designs and experiment, just hide behind something for the test flights

I'm in need of batts for my plank and they are the same size as the oblivion's. Are the gens ace worth it or should I get many turnigys for less than half the price?

I have A LOT of the parts that I need (from my old 450), I found a used motor but need a esc for my build, will this do? I will be collecting parts slowly over time because I currently can't afford anything.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html
Old 06-07-2015, 11:00 AM   #130 (permalink)
Banned

would you be up to cutting down a set of 325's and sand seal the ends round with epoxy? cheap option, 245mm should be good, Revolution's have a perfect 325 blade profile but clones are fine,

something to consider.
Old 06-07-2015, 01:22 PM   #131 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just FYI, Switch produce a 253mm blade you could probably try. I haven't tried them though and they are pretty darn expensive for their size...
Blade 450X
Heli.Maniac is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2015, 01:31 PM   #132 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the answers guys

Alex, I thought about printing blades several times. I basically have 3D models of most rotor blades on the market since I built them for RealFlight etc, I'm just not sure if the material is up to it. A set of Helix in 255 would be pretty damn cool though

About the batteries, I'm happy with the Gens Ace, they deliver exactly what's written on them, maybe even more. I remember recharging 1057mAh when I really tried to find the limits of flight time

Icanfly. Cutting down blades is not an option, that would most likely end up flying horrible anyway. Chord, cg, weight and root of a 450 on a 300? Not my turn to try that

anmatheextreme, I thought about getting SwEDGE (yes that's my name for them ) several times already, but as you stated, I'm not gonna buy blades that expensive. Plus I find the new design pretty ugly

An option I thought about was SpinBlades, just not sure if 245mm and 24mm chord is sufficient. If the 11.5g weight is true they should be awesome on cyclic though
Old 06-07-2015, 01:41 PM   #133 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'll try printing some maybe but if I do it will be in a very long time. If I were you I'd run the lynx for durability because they are plastic.

Do you have a link to a good freeCAD tutorial series? Also, I am having problems converting the SLT file to a solid so can you please tell me the steps involved? Thanks!

I'll be buying batts. Gens ace or turnigy or???
Old 06-07-2015, 02:03 PM   #134 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedados View Post
I'll try printing some maybe but if I do it will be in a very long time. If I were you I'd run the lynx for durability because they are plastic.

Do you have a link to a good freeCAD tutorial series? Also, I am having problems converting the SLT file to a solid so can you please tell me the steps involved? Thanks!

I'll be buying batts. Gens ace or turnigy or???
If we're talking about Turnigy 3s 1000mAh 20c vs Gens Ace 3s 1000mAh 25c, then definitely Gens Ace if you want to fly higher headspeeds. They keep the voltage up longer than Turnigy which really helps the performance at the end of the flight. If you don't plan to max your rpm out, both will be fine
Old 06-07-2015, 02:52 PM   #135 (permalink)
Banned

it just occurred to me I saw a set of Revolution 245s on ebay yesterday evening, $19 a pair. The shortend 325's I used were fine and actually very quick, 30mm chord or there-abouts and a set that the tips got ruined actually became 225's and flew even better though not as lofty, so you want as much area with lower hs. An extra 1mm spacer was all that was needed to fit them on the 300 clamps.
Old 06-07-2015, 05:09 PM   #136 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just looked up what the Revolutions weigh.. Found 28g on the internet. If either they put both blades on the scale at once or somthing is horribly wrong with those
Old 06-11-2015, 04:45 PM   #137 (permalink)
Registered Users

Neeeeeeeeew viiiiiiiiiideoooooooo! This time going through the rpm spectrum from the lowest 3D flyable to the highest rpm my power plant is up to!

While I recorded this flight, i spontanously decided to see what it could take (within my abilities and without smashing into the surroundings). The fourth switch up is 100% throttle, that's all this power plant can deliver. It certainly does bog but it stays in one piece, no matter what I do I'm surprised how well this thing flies at 2550 rpm already. Not even my 450 does fly that good on such a low headspeed..

Enjoy!

Old 06-11-2015, 05:11 PM   #138 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Great flight Jonas. It is quite fast especially at 3200rpm and seems to be holding up well. Even my light 450X wasn't that fast at that rpm.
And I have to give you a [emoji106] for keeping it in frame of the camera and in such a tight space.
Blade 450X
Heli.Maniac is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2015, 10:08 PM   #139 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice flight tareq!....i mean Jonas!

Question what is the rtf or auw weight?
If it was posted i missed it.

I badly want one of these. Since adopting my first logo (550sx) i have fallen in love with lower headspeed. It seems the oblivion is perfect on 2500 which is amazing!

I really wish it could be built without fabricating parts.

Lynx Heli Innovations Team Pilot
vertico is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2015, 05:52 AM   #140 (permalink)
Registered Users

Seriously considering using the electronics from my mini protos and building one of these as my mini is way too intimidating for me right now to the point that I am scared of flying!!! Will a spirit fbl work fine? It has the wires coming out of the top. What is the total cost of the airframe?

Tags
oblivion 300, oblivion 300+, oblivion heli

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.