Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 500 Class Electric Helicopters

500 Class Electric Helicopters 500 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2018, 05:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Trex 500 pro dfc, I think

Hello I wanted to get people’s opinions. I’m returning to the hobby, and recently purchased a used trex 500 pro dfc... I think. It’s extremely clean and in mint condition, came with 2 canopies (trex pro and fusuno) align soft case 2, 6c batt packs, 3 sets of rotor blades and extra parts (tail gear, dfc and flybar head, main gear and various other small parts) all in a small plastic case.
The transaction went smoothly as I bought it through kijiji (like Craigslist). ds510m servos, bl500mx motor and a ar7200bx all for $325 cad. I’ve since been reading that this model has been discontinued. So my questions are;
Good deal on this Heli?
How long ago was this model discontinued?
How do I tell exactly what model it is?
I will be binding it to a Dx7, ( yes I know it’s only a dsm2, but it’s all I got for now as I’m returning to the hobby) I’ll only hovering and small circuits for now, besides the rx/tx connection will there b any other differences or drawbacks from not using a dx8 or dx9 ( it’s what I’m thinking of getting for Christmas) lol
And besides re-grease bearings, lubing shafts thoroughly Checking the model over for cracks or wear, and bent parts, is there anything I should do? ( waiting on my order of superlube Oil and grease so I can start the year down just so I can be sure and strat MY maintenance schedule.
Thank you for your help
Blion is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2018, 07:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think you got a decent deal. The 500 PRO DFC is a bit harder to get parts for as it wasn't in production as long as the original 500, which was also cloned. Some parts are shared but other stuff like the frames are expensive and getting harder to find.

It is a great flying heli and probably my favorite size. Its big enough that it is easy to work on and small enough to fly in a baseball field.
yakky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2018, 07:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

What parts (besides the frame) are compatible?
Blion is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in