Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > DJI Multirotor Support > Phantom Multirotor Support

Phantom Multirotor Support Phantom Multirotor Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2015, 12:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Phantom 3 users

So far so good with my Phantom 3 out of the box performance is nothing short of amazing. Light-bridge software is great, overall the Phantom 3 is well worth the price of admission.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (97.4 KB, 79 views)
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2015, 07:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
HF MR Support

Glad you're enjoying it. If I didn't already have so many other birds, I'd be tempted to get one.

Pilot, Team Lavaquad
Big Island Guy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2015, 08:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just bought one myself....did 1 quick flight....love it...such a cool setup!!!
MikeMAN987 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2015, 10:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default P3

Ive been flying mine for 1 month, no problems and have been 10,400 feet from me at 400ft altitude.
MPSHEP is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2015, 10:26 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Older thread, I know, but got a P3 Advanced and have to agree, for a filming platform its pretty darned outstanding..

Lightbridge was the selling point for me and I'd say as an overall package the P3 exceeds my expectations.

Taking some getting used to (particularly having an altitude stick instead of throttle), but even that suits the intended purpose well and seems to hold very well..

Solid package for sure.
Old 07-16-2015, 10:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
HF MR Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverted2112 View Post
Older thread, I know, but got a P3 Advanced and have to agree, for a filming platform its pretty darned outstanding..

Lightbridge was the selling point for me and I'd say as an overall package the P3 exceeds my expectations.

Taking some getting used to (particularly having an altitude stick instead of throttle), but even that suits the intended purpose well and seems to hold very well..

Solid package for sure.
I'm curious, how well does the Lightbridge handle loss of signal and also, does the extra resolution help much with the FPV part of piloting?
Thanks!

Pilot, Team Lavaquad
Old 07-17-2015, 08:01 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Its an entirely different thing for me, particularly coming from flying heli's and FPV racing through the goggles.

I'm using this as a photography ship so its a completely different slow and smooth flying style, and quite honestly a new and fun set of challenges. Yawing properly while flying, and controlling gimbal tilts, etc...

They just released the HDMI board which would let me us my Dom HD's and I'm considering grabbing one, but have been flying it with the iPad Mini 2.

I've never flown through a monitor before, only goggles so this is also a new experience. The quality that comes down to the iPad is insanely good. The GPS also holds REALLY well and gives plenty of time to adjust camera settings in the air, etc...

That said, I've not had it out near the edge of signal limits, but it has held strong well past where my 5.8 gear would handle.

The controller is also really well designed and laid out.

I'm seriously impressed by the whole package, for its intended purpose.

The only thing I don't like is the slow charge rates on the smart batteries, though like anything its a trade off and being able to keep the charging pack, multiple batteries, controller, iPad, etc all in the backpack for travel is probably worth that downside.

Not sure if I answered your question or just rambled, but its darned near perfect for a photography / video platform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Island Guy View Post
I'm curious, how well does the Lightbridge handle loss of signal and also, does the extra resolution help much with the FPV part of piloting?
Thanks!
Old 08-12-2015, 07:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Its an entirely different thing for me, particularly coming from flying heli's and FPV racing through the goggles.

I'm using this as a photography ship so its a completely different slow and smooth flying style, and quite honestly a new and fun set of challenges. Yawing properly while flying, and controlling gimbal tilts, etc...

They just released the HDMI board which would let me us my Dom HD's and I'm considering grabbing one, but have been flying it with the iPad Mini 2.

I've never flown through a monitor before, only goggles so this is also a new experience. The quality that comes down to the iPad is insanely good. The GPS also holds REALLY well and gives plenty of time to adjust camera settings in the air, etc...

That said, I've not had it out near the edge of signal limits, but it has held strong well past where my 5.8 gear would handle.

The only thing I don't like is the slow charge rates on the smart batteries, though like anything its a trade off and being able to keep the charging pack, multiple batteries, controller, iPad, etc all in the backpack for travel is probably worth that downside.

Not sure if I answered your question or just rambled, but its darned near perfect for a photography / video platform.
Get the 100W charger ($60). Well worth it.
Old 08-13-2015, 07:00 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was going to, but I'm going to end up grabbing one of these instead. Getting good reviews and can charge 3 simultaneously plus the controller as opposed to the DJI hub that just cycles power from the charger from one battery to the next as they finish.

http://www.amazon.com/BTG-4-channel-...iglink20264-20
Old 08-18-2015, 12:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
HF MR Support

Quote:

Thanks man! Photography was and is my primary driver (too old and bust up to have the reflexes for serious FPV racing.) and yeah, it is a different sort of technique. It's all about smoothness.

Pilot, Team Lavaquad
Old 08-18-2015, 03:46 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have absolutely no regrets in moving from the F450 to the P3 Advanced for photography purposes. Its truly an amazing machine for its purpose.
Old 08-18-2015, 04:30 PM   #12 (permalink)
HF MR Support

Quote:
I have absolutely no regrets in moving from the F450 to the P3 Advanced for photography purposes. Its truly an amazing machine for its purpose.
From what I'm reading, it sounds like DJI has really hit a sweet spot with this bird.

Pilot, Team Lavaquad
Old 09-01-2015, 09:01 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is a great thread to stumble across.

I'm currently seriously thinking about getting the P3P setup. This system would be solely for the purpose of commercial AP work. I've been doing pretty good with my 350QX2 but I need more distance and better display resolution at distance. I was going to add the equipment to do this to my 350QX2 but the P3P is a one stop shop and a proven package deal. So I'll be placing my order very soon.
BigAl07 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2015, 07:52 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My new Phantom 3 Pro is due to deliver today. With the recent update from DJI (way points, follow me, POI) it sounds like the current owners are as happy as can be with this platform. I'll know more in the next few days but from a business stand point this should be a solid platform for most of the work that I do.
BigAl07 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2015, 02:35 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Selfless Promo

I just started a go fund me campaign to replace my drone. I am trying to upgrade from my Blade 350 QX to a Phantom 3.

Any help would be awesome!
https://www.gofundme.com/drf6rugs
Spyder3534 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2015, 11:43 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default LOL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder3534 View Post
I just started a go fund me campaign to replace my drone. I am trying to upgrade from my Blade 350 QX to a Phantom 3.

Any help would be awesome!
https://www.gofundme.com/drf6rugs
Good luck dude! I would recommend P3 Advanced at a minimum if you want prosumer quality.
Old 12-17-2015, 11:43 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl07 View Post
My new Phantom 3 Pro is due to deliver today. With the recent update from DJI (way points, follow me, POI) it sounds like the current owners are as happy as can be with this platform. I'll know more in the next few days but from a business stand point this should be a solid platform for most of the work that I do.
So... an update? Was it everything you dreamt it to be?
Old 12-31-2015, 10:26 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Love mine too now, at first I was mad that I couldn't load up a map and then just tap waypoints for a flight route like the P2 but after some time with this P3 I do love it.
1800BIGK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2016, 04:08 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

The biggest complaint I have with my advanced is when I try to shoot images in HDR mode. From the time I hit the shutter button it takes around 10-12 seconds for my live feed to update and that can be dangerous so I never get to use it
jdfelosi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2016, 11:33 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default crashed my v1...lookin at the V3 advanced

Ive had the V1 for a long time, bought it off my buddy and it flew well. until last night it decided to go dam near upside down and pile drive into the ground. No one hurt but my pride in the fire department took a real hit. Don't know what happened to it but i cant trust that one any more even thought it doesn't look that bad.

I use this for video and photos and the most annoying thing was waiting for it to warm up. never could get it to be quicker than 5-10 min....Is this better than that with the V3?

it seems like everyone is liking their V3's but just looking for some more in site...
JestRR is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in