Trex 150 rear elevator servo horn bind issue - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 150 Class Electric Helicopters

150 Class Electric Helicopters 150 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2015, 01:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Trex 150 rear elevator servo horn bind issue

Does anyone else have this problem?
My trex 150 has a problem with the "servo horn" rubbing against the adjacent servo. It's not merely rubbing, but as you move the rear elevator servo, you can see it causing motion on the adjacent servo. Bad FKN design. The friction would be enough to slow down the swash action if you are doing any rapid 3d.

Quick fix:
1.) shave the edge of the tiny servo horn. Duhh. Right? But I shouldn't have to do this. Also, I did not notice this right away. I'm sure others will miss.

Ofcourse, simple fix but I see absolutely no info on line about this issue. So, I'm curious if anyone had this problem? Do a quick check of your 150. Don't think it's an issue? It will be as you do more 3D....or that servo dies before the other.

BTW, i posted another thread about the swash bind/shaft issue. Basically, I've totally stopped flying this Piece of SH*t. Not wasted any money on upgrades. Am pissed I had to buy the inferior Futaba Tx(FHSS 2.4gHz) and could not bind with my older/superior Futaba FASST tx.

Last edited by slamdance; 06-21-2015 at 06:36 PM..
slamdance is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2015, 01:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ya I think that was the first thing I noticed. I just shaved the horn a bit. I don't believe it really affects anything. The promblem in that area is the flex motion on the elevator servo that will affect 3d flight performance. This easily cured with a peice of header card and a tie strap.
HeliHoverAP is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2015, 10:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Are you meaning that the rear elevator servo horn contacts the frame at full negative collective and max elevation? This is the only contact that is possible with the elevator servo.

If you do mean this contact- there is no way on earth that you can hit full negative collective and full elevator in real flight. If you'd like to try it, you'll be quite regretful. It is impossible to have both of those controls pegged and still finish the flight.

There is no problem in actual flight. It only binds on the ground.

Also, the Futaba 6J has the fastest frame rate in class- 6.8ms where Spektrum is 11ms. It is hardly inferior. It transfers commands from TX to RX nearly twice as fast. I'll agree that FASST technology is superior.. But you don't need it on a helicopter. Especially one that fits in the palm of your hand.
RC/DC_5000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2015, 10:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
DPW
Registered Users

Red face Pics worth a 1000 words

My Three 150s
Found
Lynx Servo Gear Saver Arm
on
Microheli and Align Performance Frames.

Microheli Frame
fwd (A&P) arms make frame contract (file or grind CF frame?)

Align Performance Frame
fwd (A&P) arms do not make contact

M & A frames aft E servo arms make contact with fwd servo.
But
With out that servo saver stuff I have not seen any servo arm binding????
Last
Maybe I am missing something can you provide a Pic
Old 06-28-2015, 09:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I believe the op is talking about the horn rubbing the side of the aileron servo. There's no binding really.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	593521  
HeliHoverAP is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.