Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Mikado V-BAR Control

Mikado V-BAR Control Mikado V-Stabi/V-BAR Control Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2016, 03:08 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

That is a good idea to go back and see how it performs without it, then with it.

On all of my airplanes the 0 gain equated to no inputs, however the controls were more 'crisp' than with a simple rx/tx solution I had been using (Spektrum/Futaba).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2016, 11:55 AM   #22 (permalink)
NTM
Registered Users

I'm having the same experiences, maneuvers like knife edge spins, flat spins and tumbles are all neutered, even with the gain at zero.
I know in the heli software the vbar has a hard limit on roll rate, I think that's what's happening here.
It definitely needs some polishing for 3d aircraft.
It is fine in pattern type aircraft.
NTM is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2016, 06:48 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Tried V plane this morning on an old mini sport I had collecting dust.

NICE!

It has been so long since I flew a plank. Note to self: Airplanes need forward speed to fly.

I will rebuild the firewall, reattach the motor, and try again.
Pard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2018, 08:33 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

To resurrect an old thread…..

I’ve been flying Vbar/Vcontrol for several years now with helis, and have finally made the jump back into planes. I set up a new nitro powered biplane 2 weeks ago with the intent to use a Spektrum DX9 and an AS3X power receiver. At the last minute I made the decision to go VPlane using an un-used NEO I had.
The setup was very easy, and once familiar with the system (real world throw, equates to ‘Agility’ in VPlane) making changes was simple – just like Vcontrol/Vbar is with a heli.

The 15 flights I have so far on the biplane are all in windy conditions, so I can’t comment on the tuning, ect. Additionally, the biplane was so well balanced that I never needed to use the autotrim function – something I found very cool and unique to VPlane

I did however pick up an old mini vbar with vsat to convert to VPlane use and try on another model, and will report back here once I have had some stick time on it.

The final Vcontrol/VPlane verdict is still out, and I still have to learn how to make the needed adjustments. The Kyle Dahl videos were ok, but there need to be additional videos that detail how to ‘tune out’ undesirable behaviors of the model. Mr. Laughingstill has been a big help also (thanks Ron).

-Ideals are peaceful - history is violent.
Skeezix is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2018, 02:27 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeezix View Post
the biplane was so well balanced that I never needed to use the autotrim function – something I found very cool and unique to VPlane
how did mounting the VPlane balance the plane?

no trim and no COG adjustments were needed?
etherbatxx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2018, 05:20 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by etherbatxx View Post
how did mounting the VPlane balance the plane?

no trim and no COG adjustments were needed?
I meant that the model was so well balanced before the first flight, it didn't need any trimming at all once in the air. Thus, I didn't need to utilize the auto trim function.

Old 07-20-2018, 05:48 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It’s almost worth setting it out of balance for a flight just to see how cool auto trim is. I took one of my beater planes off for its maiden after converting to vplane. As expected it was off in 3 axis. No more holding in 3 separate corrections while you awkwardly reach for the trim switches one by one. As soon as it was airborne and flying off kilter I just hit the switch and it tracked straight as an arrow.

Honestly, I don’t fly planes much any more. I put vplane on two of mine when I converted over to NEO just because I had the spare units. Did a couple of test flights. And now they’re collecting dust.

If they’ve improved the interactions I may give it another go. I had one plane that loved to tumble. But, I couldn’t get it to “fall in” on vplane, even with all the assists I could find turned off.

And, with limited space in my car, I have to leave 2 of four helis Home to bring one plane. I look forward to hearing if they’ve ironed out the kinks.
Old 07-22-2018, 10:58 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cudaboy_71, please check your PM's or PM me.

Sorry for the OT guys. Trying to get a hold of Cudaboy.
Old 07-22-2018, 11:01 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Sorry. I cleared out my full inbox. Pm sent.
Old 07-22-2018, 11:43 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by cudaboy_71 View Post
It’s almost worth setting it out of balance for a flight just to see how cool auto trim is. I took one of my beater planes off for its maiden after converting to vplane. As expected it was off in 3 axis. No more holding in 3 separate corrections while you awkwardly reach for the trim switches one by one. As soon as it was airborne and flying off kilter I just hit the switch and it tracked straight as an arrow.

Honestly, I don’t fly planes much any more. I put vplane on two of mine when I converted over to NEO just because I had the spare units. Did a couple of test flights. And now they’re collecting dust.

If they’ve improved the interactions I may give it another go. I had one plane that loved to tumble. But, I couldn’t get it to “fall in” on vplane, even with all the assists I could find turned off.

And, with limited space in my car, I have to leave 2 of four helis Home to bring one plane. I look forward to hearing if they’ve ironed out the kinks.
I absolutely love VPlane, you must realize that bank 1 (default) will be without any gyro assist and that AGILITY gives you the amount of throw you want.

One just need to think differently to old school way of doing things. Follow the setup https://www.vstabi.info/en/node/1784

Flight settings https://www.vstabi.info/en/node/1786
Old hand at Planks
Vinger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2021, 10:37 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

3- year bump! Recently got the RC bug again after a 2-year life hiatus. Been building and flying my Heli fleet pretty hard the last few months and now have a few extra silverlines and minis laying around after Neo upgrades. I have a Silverline installed in an Extreme flight 60 Edge that is dialed and flies amazingly. I’ve got a couple smaller airframes I may install some on but I’m thinking about getting a new plane as well. I also picked up a VBCT so I need to switch them over to the new radio. Also kind of curious in trying one of the edf jets out there. Anyway, Helis are still my first love but I do enjoy my fixed-wing time. I haven’t flown vplane since it first came out and it was very impressive. Excited to see if and what’s changed.
jakeg1999 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2021, 08:10 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

I’m going to try it on a Freewing Avanti S 80mm. Bought a Vbasic Neo and will try it that way first. I found a video on setting up the flaps macrocell, I imagine a similar process will be used for the landing gear but not finding anything on that.

Should hopefully be ready to go by the time good weather hits
Logo 550SX, Logo 400se, Rave 4503D, NEO, VBC, VTX, AccuRC, RF9.5, HobbyWing, Promodeler, Savox, TORQ, iCharger, GensAce, HRB, RoaringTop, CYE, Edge, Rail, VTX, EPBuddy Paraboards, Canomod, Customhelicanopies.
dr_boom is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2021, 09:36 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_boom View Post
I’m going to try it on a Freewing Avanti S 80mm. Bought a Vbasic Neo and will try it that way first. I found a video on setting up the flaps macrocell, I imagine a similar process will be used for the landing gear but not finding anything on that.

Should hopefully be ready to go by the time good weather hits
https://uroehr.de/vtube/cat/english-videos

All the official videos in the link.
Old hand at Planks
Old 03-08-2021, 10:52 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Vinger!
Logo 550SX, Logo 400se, Rave 4503D, NEO, VBC, VTX, AccuRC, RF9.5, HobbyWing, Promodeler, Savox, TORQ, iCharger, GensAce, HRB, RoaringTop, CYE, Edge, Rail, VTX, EPBuddy Paraboards, Canomod, Customhelicanopies.
Old 03-09-2021, 08:09 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

I set up my Freewing Avanti with Neo 2 years back and moved on to Mini Avanti and now Avant XS.

Neo performs brilliantly in all these planes and love it.

Just used a few macro cells to control the flaps, landing gear and brakes. The videos in Mikado website is a resourceful place for me to learn how to use it.

I need to find some time to install the pitot tube by Mikado and see how it works with Neo.
Chris.C is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2021, 12:11 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris.C View Post
I set up my Freewing Avanti with Neo 2 years back and moved on to Mini Avanti and now Avant XS.

Neo performs brilliantly in all these planes and love it.

Just used a few macro cells to control the flaps, landing gear and brakes. The videos in Mikado website is a resourceful place for me to learn how to use it.

I need to find some time to install the pitot tube by Mikado and see how it works with Neo.
Good to hear a positive experience. I read that the Avanti is just a great flying plane with no odd tendencies to speak of.

What is the pilot tube?
Old 03-10-2021, 09:25 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Airspeed/Altitude Sensor, white | Telemetry | VBar Control Accessories | VBar Electronics

Airspeed and altitude sensor, the pitot tube is just the part sitting in the airflow.
Old hand at Planks
Old 03-11-2021, 10:35 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, the Freewing Avanti, Mini Avanti and the XS are great flying planes, Sebart did a great job on these. I have a K45 replaced because it powered my Mini Avanti for over 25 hours, that beyond service period.

All of my Avantis flew with Neo. For the EDF Avanti, use the UI sensor together with NEO, that gives you remaining power and tells you time to land.
Chris.C is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2021, 06:34 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, I’m ready to go once good weather hits. Anyone thinking about the new Draco at Horizon Hobby? I do wonder if that one would be better as a BNF or PNP with the NEO. Decisions....
Old 03-18-2021, 07:37 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_boom View Post
Well, I’m ready to go once good weather hits. Anyone thinking about the new Draco at Horizon Hobby? I do wonder if that one would be better as a BNF or PNP with the NEO. Decisions....

Keep in mind you don’t need a Neo for vplane. Using a blue line or silverline is much cheaper and the sensors are so similar you won’t be able to notice a difference.
jakeg1999 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in