Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2015, 06:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Halo blades, Xcalibur

Saw this on halo blades facebook page. Would love to try a set of these
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11053293_596774440463902_24714941550413984_n.jpg
Views:	470
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	599889  
dominator is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2015, 06:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

you'll shyt when you see what I did two years ago and tried to go auto cad but no one here was interested in making me rich, so to those guys, all the best, he who takes the whip snaps it. no money no funny. pic forthcoming

here it is

Name:	heliblades.jpg
Views:	645
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	599890

now the first 3 on the left are berp's, the align is a template of a variation, the foam on aluminum sheet stock is one of 3 from 500 to 700 I made but cut up due to other advancements, the paddle in black was for a 450, and the two woodies were for a 300. 3d scanning and refinement later would have net a blade company, so much potential so little capital to get it going, fook me ehhhhhhhh. It ain't over till it's over, and it ain't over.

been there done that, not to draw attention to meeself but it feels lousey these ideas I had could not be expanded upon before competition takes over. Tip of the iceberg little friends and big people, heyo, anyone with money around my parts don't listen, they "borrow" ideas, they don't pay for them.

anyway, these imho are out done, that's why I destroyed my prototype molding plugs ( but will keep the berps). If you knew anything about all the info on this, I'll say my direction comes from a higher source,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,as you were.

Back to you,

(crise, if I showed you what I fly now you would would be very interested, very)

my way of saying I'm pissed and envious but all's well when your ahead of even that. (I really hope to bring something to the rc heli crowd that will be nothing short of spectacular and have 550 working prototypes ready, had 325's and 250's for a year now)

nice
Icanfly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2015, 08:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BERP_rotor

* G700c BRAIN2 * T-rex 500 *308DUO *450x #429
Relisys190 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2015, 08:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

please don't get me wrong guys, all the best, as they say when your on to something "GO FOR IT"

, but upon review of their site and product no one is immune from "borrowing".

Last edited by Icanfly; 07-30-2015 at 07:16 AM..
Old 07-30-2015, 03:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Icanfly:

Maybe they didn't like your 'pitch'...
Russell Harding is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2015, 05:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Very Nice Icanfly. Sorry that your prototypes never made it to the big leagues. Im curious though how they fly? I hope that these "speed blades" can also lay down some smack 3d. Maybe they can just move the cg inwards some?
Old 07-30-2015, 08:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Bert comes to mind as an open minded guy who might be most interested in a new design that goes beyond anything seen to date.

Speaking of Bert, ever do a google search on "switch blades", you guys at Switch ever thought about this,

anyway, Bert I truly have something you will be interested in and the logistics of getting it to market are remarkably simple, let's say we would be half way there with what we have now.

Pitch? maybe you can't get too ahead of the buying market without certain equitable aspects.

Bert, please contact me, no joke.

I guess this topic is what it took to bring out the matter. Remember the berp blade is 80's tech.
Old 07-31-2015, 06:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Subscribed!
Martinshelis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2015, 10:00 AM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

so yo don't think I was foolin, here's the first one made up 2 summers ago, a 550 for essentially my shuttle, again surpassed by another design I have yet from a 325 set I made for a 450 (I smacked them into a tree and I never found the ends) they were very very nice, very, here's the plug that wasn't destroyed and odd how many similarities to the halo x blade there are, very peculiar,

Name:	berpmyblade550.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	600231

essentially I took what already exists and put my own twist like the notched trailing edge. There are aspects of a design which have not only been thoroughly researched and tested but surpass performance of anything seen to date if you flew them you would not want another blade again, that's how they became to me.

I won't go into things here further but will do what I can to contact people who can help get something out, if you are one of them and or know how to put me in touch with Bert it would be appreciated greatly (not going into a great sales pitch right now, totally new topic, yeah something told me to post pics of my stuff back in spring, low and behold).

thanks man

a little personal insight, the things I've been involved in have been inspired by a higher level of consciousness, I had no intention of designing blades or any copter thing when I first got into rc helis, the opportunity to experiment and refine what has already existed for years prior came about of the offerings available, so I put my own twist on them and made very curious discoveries. When I sense a signal that a deign is going the correct direction I stop, pay attention, and pursue that avenue more intensely.

About the x halo, they had better be semi symmetrical foil to be a true "speed" blade, not good for 3d, my berps are semi symmetric foil and differences in 'scale' as apposed to a 3d design are well known. I even discovered the difference in this first hand with a 500 last winter having scale semi symmetric foil blades, there was more leading edge drag on the symmetric foil blades. symmetric? not a true speed blade, and even that fact has been out done as of the early 60's with a design not blade dependent.

A famous person once said "Neither a borrower nor a lender be", we try not to, a lot of experimentation has been done and is 20 years ahead of what the market has now, a lot is due to the market variables and just plain bad sales people. Remember recycled plastic wood? I was there in the beginning ready to work for a producer back in the mid 80's, it took 20 years for the product to really be accepted, some businesses don't have that long.

don't mean to high jack the thread, just have to say it now. good luck boys.
Old 08-01-2015, 01:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
The Airetic

But........capital letters and periods? Not so much.

I'm not trying to be a grammar nazi, but I hope that when you make an official pitch to a company to sell or even present your idea, that you write in a manner that is much easier to read.
Old 08-01-2015, 01:31 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
grammar nazi
hehe, thanks, I know exactly the fact of the matter and was curious if the grammar was working, and no I would not pitch that way, just having a bit of fun with linguistics.

it's cool, lol, funny you caught that.
Old 08-01-2015, 03:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I feel like they would sell more of these blades if they designed them for 3d instead of speed.
Old 08-01-2015, 04:07 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't think these types of blades are needed for 3D.

Fauropitotto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
halo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in