Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Jeti Duplex Radio Systems

Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2015, 03:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Switch delay confusion

Hey guys.
I'm trying to set-up my auto rotation switch on my DS-14 with switch SC which is a standard switch.
When I flick the switch to on pos, there is a 4 second delay before it reacts. Also when it reacts, there is a bar on top of the screen that say "OK" for few seconds. When I flick to off is instant!

How do I get rid the delay guys, I need the A/R to react instantly for obvious reasons lol

Cheers.
panosg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2015, 03:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Sounds like you have that switch set to take a screenshot.
markrj is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2015, 03:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

You sir, is a hero thank you
I done that some time ago and I forgot lol.....
I love this forum
panosg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2015, 09:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

*^%#&^#(&

I bought myself a second hand DS16 in mint condition and man am I glad for your response here!!!!

I struggled for more than a hour until I put proverbial pen to paper...nowadays I call it finger to google.

THANKS a bunch as my screenshot capture switch was set to Sb which I wanted to be hold and it had this 4 second delay with the OK message as described.

Cheers
Chippie13 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2015, 05:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

That screen capture switch association has caught quite a few people off guard.

For switches like that and for others use to remotely erase values logged in some Jeti devices which you want to have but not use a specific switch for it and not trigger inadvertently:

I suggest, and use now, a few logical switches made of a combo of two switches I would never otherwise use together in that specific position during flying.
Old 10-14-2015, 01:29 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puttputt maru View Post
That screen capture switch association has caught quite a few people off guard.

For switches like that and for others use to remotely erase values logged in some Jeti devices which you want to have but not use a specific switch for it and not trigger inadvertently:

I suggest, and use now, a few logical switches made of a combo of two switches I would never otherwise use together in that specific position during flying.
Another great idea. I can't tell you how many useless screen shots I find on the SD card every time I do a USB connection.

Off to program that logical switch...

Thank you!
Old 10-14-2015, 06:35 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I forgot to mention one drawback of my logical switch idea is that you have to program it in every model, you cannot make it system wide.
Old 10-14-2015, 12:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Found that out last night while programming it. I still prefer it over a single switch that makes the unwanted screenshots. I actually used my cyclic stick as one of the "switches"
Old 10-14-2015, 03:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puttputt maru View Post
I forgot to mention one drawback of my logical switch idea is that you have to program it in every model, you cannot make it system wide.
On a tangent - as I was fiddling with the sticks and the rotary wheel on the Jeti, I thought that it would be nice if you could to that all on a Jeti simulator and then upload it all into the transmitter. Faster, less physical stress on the Tx.

I have a gut feeling that a Jeti simulator exists, but it is a Jetimodel in house thing, won't be published anytime soon. I'm hoping I'm wrong.
Heli-X, AccuRC, RF 7.5 Transmitter Interface Edition
madeye is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2015, 06:15 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just leave it unassigned and only put it on a switch if I actually need to do a screen shot, then clear it again. I don't find I use it very often so this is easier than using logic switch combinations.

//Dennis.
Thunder Fighter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2015, 06:19 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Fighter View Post
I just leave it unassigned and only put it on a switch if I actually need to do a screen shot, then clear it again. I don't find I use it very often so this is easier than using logic switch combinations.

//Dennis.
In a perfect world this is the easiest, but also the best way to start an other thread like this one.
"Honey can you come and help me quick" and then you forget the switch.

One of the reason instruments are counted at the end of an operation. To aire is human.

I actually use a little of your solution as I only program my idea of the logical switch when I need to make a screenshot, I use the L16 slot to keep it out of the way of my other logical switches. After that it stays there for the life of the model.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in