Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 230S

Blade 230S Blade 230S Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2015, 06:19 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Here ya go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks9818 View Post
Anyone have a set up file for dx6 they can share ?
Attached is a file work-up. Since I have not received my 230S yet, you need to check all functions before trying to fly. Standard disclaimer: use at your own risk!

With all that said, this should work with all features including panic..... just hard to verify without having the heli to test.

Good Luck, let me know how it works!

011~11 Heli230s.SPM
Bill_Van is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2015, 06:21 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Van View Post
Critical,

Have you tried the initialization with the blades extended in the flying position? Probably won't matter but worth a try!
Yes, tried it. Same result. I left them folded because the smaller movement can be easily seen through the reflection.
critical is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2015, 06:54 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Has TomFreeman solved his issue ? Seems to be the same as ours critical?
ks9818 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2015, 07:11 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I just sent him a PM because I don't see a post by him acknowledging it is fixed for him. It's the same problem we have. Perhaps we should all call HH on Monday to open a our own support tickets.

I wonder if a receiver swap will do it. I am not thrilled with the head vibration and blade tracking. Perhaps a few other replacement parts are nice-to-have items while diagnosing this issue.
Old 08-29-2015, 07:12 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hi guys sorry for delayed reply....

Yes the trim process that hh sent on the previous post worked fine for me and my friend. I've even bound my rtf model to my dx8 now and it's working fine. I did have to complete the process twice though.
TomFreeman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2015, 07:15 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomFreeman View Post
Hi guys sorry for delayed reply....

Yes the trim process that hh sent on the previous post worked fine for me and my friend. I've even bound my rtf model to my dx8 now and it's working fine. I did have to complete the process twice though.
Lucky. I am at the stage right now.
Old 08-29-2015, 07:16 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have you completed the process as per the guide and got the confirmation that it's accepted the changes? With the swash plate jumping at the end?
Old 08-29-2015, 07:17 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default DX8 Settings

Anybody know the switches for Flight mode (Stab, Agl..) for the DX8..

The manual is useless...

Thanks

Oh no...

Last edited by Oh no... not again!; 08-29-2015 at 10:57 PM..
Oh no... not again! is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2015, 07:20 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi I set mine to be the aileron switch you have to set it when you set the pitch curves
Old 08-29-2015, 07:32 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just bouncing ideas off you,
Could this be caused by something as simple as the RX not being level in the frame? You'd think it would have to be very un-level to cause that much deviation.

What happens if you shim the heli opposite of whatever weirdness the swash plate is doing? Probably totally off-the-wall, but if you shimmed it and the problem disappears would it help with diagnosing what part of the RX is haywire? I'm thinking there is a component that 'thinks' the heli is not level when in fact it is.
Newdon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2015, 07:34 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

When we first noticed the problem with ours we balanced the tail on a cup and it seemed to go level then like you suggest but in ours the receivers are mounted as you'd expect them to be so not sure.
Old 08-29-2015, 08:14 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Have you completed the process as per the guide and got the confirmation that it's accepted the changes? With the swash plate jumping at the end?
Yes. Reading the directions again, did you provide constant cyclic to correct the movement or did you wait for the helicopter to start gaining some speed before providing a sudden but large correction? It sounds like both >50% throttle and centered sticks are needed to make it work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newdon View Post
Just bouncing ideas off you,
Could this be caused by something as simple as the RX not being level in the frame? You'd think it would have to be very un-level to cause that much deviation.

What happens if you shim the heli opposite of whatever weirdness the swash plate is doing? Probably totally off-the-wall, but if you shimmed it and the problem disappears would it help with diagnosing what part of the RX is haywire? I'm thinking there is a component that 'thinks' the heli is not level when in fact it is.
The RX is mounted fairly solid and true in the frames. I have also noticed that changing the direction of the nose causes a gradual deviation in the same vector in space. Think of it like sticking a magnet to a compass.

Quote:
When we first noticed the problem with ours we balanced the tail on a cup and it seemed to go level then like you suggest but in ours the receivers are mounted as you'd expect them to be so not sure.
I can try it to see if it works for the heck of it.
Old 08-29-2015, 09:00 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

I dunno.... probably not worth ruining what's left of the weekend trying to figure what the problem is. If you have other helis - Fly 'em Phone HH on Monday as you already mentioned.

Seems like Blade does this to themselves every freakin' time. Prototype and preproduction models seem to work well enough (at least in the promo videos they do) Once they start delivering to the consumer the
Newdon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2015, 01:51 AM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default First impressions

Setup was a pain. The manual wasn't very helpful, and the swashplate was moving around funny. It turned out I had my flight mode, and panic channels configured incorrectly (again, manual not helpful here).

After the painful setup process due to my transmitter problems, I was able to maiden it. Wanted to roll right on take off more than I was used to, but otherwise popped off the ground fine. I started in the self-leveling mode and it was incredibly stable! Very well tuned from the factory, handled the high winds extremely well. Plenty of power at 100% throttle, and the tail rotor really impressed me (my biggest concern over the purchase)

Didn't have idle up configured yet, and it was getting dark, so I can't speak on the 3d capabilities on it yet. So far, it seems like it is going to be a fun heli to fly with friends, and for doing laid back circuit flying (as was the intent of the purchase)
Jo3M3tal is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2015, 01:53 AM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newdon View Post
I dunno.... probably not worth ruining what's left of the weekend trying to figure what the problem is. If you have other helis - Fly 'em Phone HH on Monday as you already mentioned.
Good advice. However, if anyone else has any ideas then post away.
Old 08-30-2015, 05:54 AM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Mine has the same swash plate creeping problem too... Just pop it off the ground Quick, and it flies fine!... very smooth and stable as can be!... this is very strange, must be something with the receiver gyros?....Only hovered it in the basement as it is raining outside, but the heli felt really locked in during the hover!, loosened the main blades a bit, no vibrations whatsoever with this heli!
Old 08-30-2015, 06:19 AM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by critical View Post
Yes. Reading the directions again, did you provide constant cyclic to correct the movement or did you wait for the helicopter to start gaining some speed before providing a sudden but large correction? It sounds like both >50% throttle and centered sticks are needed to make it work.
I did fly it above 50% throttle and I had to use quite a bit of cyclic to keep it in a hover mainly backwards elevator and a little bit too the right as it was drifting left as well.
Old 08-30-2015, 05:13 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

I spoke to HH Tech Support today regarding the deviated swash issue. I was told to go through the servo zeroing/centering procedure and then adjust the linkages to make sure the swash is flat. I did that. I then did a trim flight. None of this effort fixed the issue.

I went back and reset the servo zeroing/centering on each servo, pulled off the horns, and adjusted the length of the pushrods until everything was perfect mechanically. I then did a trim flight. Again, the issue remains. In the process, I almost had a tip-over but caught it (mentally exhausted/annoyed).

I now believe the AR636 in my heli is faulty. I will call tomorrow to see about next steps.
Old 08-30-2015, 05:29 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by critical View Post
I spoke to HH Tech Support today regarding the deviated swash issue. I was told to go through the servo zeroing/centering procedure and then adjust the linkages to make sure the swash is flat. I did that. I then did a trim flight. None of this effort fixed the issue.

I went back and reset the servo zeroing/centering on each servo, pulled off the horns, and adjusted the length of the pushrods until everything was perfect mechanically. I then did a trim flight. Again, the issue remains. In the process, I almost had a tip-over but caught it (mentally exhausted/annoyed).

I now believe the AR636 in my heli is faulty. I will call tomorrow to see about next steps.
Ditto here as well. I tried to servo center and it will not get past the first servo and it won't move the servo arm on cyclic. I got out of that and will do the same. Call HH tomorrow. Something is not right. Hard drift to the left and front as well. Trimmed all the way, no help. The swash falls to the front when initialization is complete.
spaceshuttle is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2015, 06:32 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian James View Post
Hey Brian, my 230s was flying ok. After trying your "trim tip", it flies GREAT.

Thanks
buzzme is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in