Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 230S

Blade 230S Blade 230S Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pH7

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2015, 07:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 230 S program for 9503

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has a 230 S and uses a 9503??? I got mine yesterday and used the DX9 settings and the thing flies great however, I have no flight modes because I have no idea what switch controls the flight modes on this radio. Seems like they think everyone has a Spectrum DX series transmitter. I know that the setup for advanced mode because I can fly it and it flies great. Very solid and I definitely have negative pitch. What I would really like is to see how I can setup flight modes so I can take advantage of those modes. I don't know. Manual not so helpful and I am not an expert setting helis up by any means. Hope somebody out there with an older JR Radio can help. Thanks.
1080tommy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2015, 11:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

On my 9XR I had to switch on extended limits and allow
+- 125 for channel 5.

Now I get beginner, advanced and expert mode with
100, 0 and 37 on channel 5 using the three way switch.
These numbers are what my tx sends according to the monitor.

Panic mode I get with the bind switch by sending -125 on channel 5.

Switching on panic mode, stationary, returns the
swash to 0 when it has negative pitch.

Hope this info helps.

I tried to switch panic mode using channel 7
but that did not work for me. Did not try extending limits
to 125 on channel 7.

Last edited by matthai; 08-31-2015 at 12:07 PM.. Reason: Clarify
matthai is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2015, 03:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a 9503 but couldn't really figure it out correctly. Here is my work in progress.
I don't need the 3 different types of flights modes so mine is like a regular heli I have normal mode IU1 and IU2 all in 3d mode on FM switch. I have the panic on the aux 2 ch7 set up at -100 to +100 which works, the switch isn't ideal I really want it on the trainer switch.
So if I have this correct the flights modes are on Ch5 gear (stability 3D ect) and I couldn't find a mix to put that on the FM switch but it does work on the currant switch (Gear) set at -100 and +100 only has 2 modes on this 2 position switch. Ch 6 is pitch tied to throttle, normal heli mix. I am sure this is not what you need but lets talk about it someone will come up with the right answer.
T Rex 600 pro Mikado Flybarless, 450 Pro Mikado Flybarless,MCX,mCPX brushless, Invertix 400, Parkzone Corsair,3D Hobby Shop AJ Slick,Funtana X100, Dynex 2.4,HK Rarebear, Habu 2, Nano CPX,ICON A5, Mako, Crac Yak,Venom FPV Hex
BPINE is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2015, 08:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yeah I agree if we keep it going somebody will figure it out. I have to say I really like the Blade stuff and I have not had a bad experience with any of their stuff. I have a nano, 130x, and now the 230s. I also have a 500x but I am not good enough to really get her flying 3d. I can do sport flying but I jumped the gun buying that bad boy when I did. I am getting better and figured the 230 s would be perfect to get better however, I have to say I am frustrated that they did not bother to include some type of program for the older transmitters. I know that with anything we are moving forward at a fast pace but just seems like there are still many 9303 and 9503 radios out there. Now I have flown it and again, it flies great. It is rock solid in a hover and I can control the thing in normal, stunt 1, and stunt 2. Lots of power and even long flight times. Now I am only flying basic figure 8's and sport flying but I really would like to take advantage of not so much beginner mode but the self leveling because I am getting better but still lose orientation. I guess if I keep flying, the more advanced stuff will come. Thanks for the help so far!!!
Old 09-01-2015, 08:26 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you switch your gear ch you will have the self leveling mode until we get this figured out.
BPINE is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2015, 04:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Tried that and still have no flight modes. The heli flys great though and I have been having a blast with it. I have had to do nothing other than program the radio per the DX9 and it flies awesome. I just wanted to take advantage of the flight modes mostly for 3d. I would love to see if I flip it and get jacked up if panic mode could save a crash. I talked with Horizon today and they have no advice at all. I love this heli and blade helis in general because I have had zero problems with them at all. Nice to be able to talk to a person so easily as well when I called them. I just wish somebody would have thought to have an older radio programmed. That is my only bitch and it is a small one. I have been flying it more and more aggressive but have not tried 3d stuff yet because I am holding out to see if somebody figures out the flight modes for a JR9503 or 9303. I will keep trying as well. Thanks for all who have tried to help out. Maybe us guys with the older radios will figure this thing out soon. Thanks again.
Old 09-06-2015, 05:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

So you were right about the gear channel. I did what you said and it did not work except I forgot to make the gear channel act. I was taking a look at some videos on youtube and was thinking this is not rocket science. I started going through the radio and sure enough once I noticed that the gear channel was not enabled, it worked. I now have self leveling mode which is great for a newer below average person like me. I was able to now fly really confident with it and the winds are now about 15 mph and she was stable as heck. I noticed there was quite a bit more throw required to make her move but this will make my sport flying skill accelerate quicker. I have also noticed an improvement in my skills but that may be because I have basically flew and charged four batteries as fast as I could since I got it. So for everyone with 9503 or 9303 just enable your gear channel in the device select and assign it to the gear switch. Then you can toggle on or off self leveling mode. Hope that helps.
Old 06-30-2016, 08:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
pH7
Registered Users

In attempting to set up my x9303 with my Blade 230s I ran across this thread. While it did help somewhat, it is a bit incomplete. So, for anyone wanting to set up a radio that isn't included in the manual, here is some more information. My radio is a 9303, but references to it in the following description should apply to a 9503 as well.

In setting up a transmitter to work with the 230s you need to understand how the 3 modes - Stability, Intermediate, and Agility are selected. And you need to know that the Panic mode overrides any of these other modes. All of these modes are controlled by Channel 5 (called Gear) on the 9303. If you are setting up another radio, be aware that channel output varies from +100 to -100 with 0 in the middle in the menus of the 9303, your radio may be different.

Channel 5 values for the 3 flight modes are: +100 = Stability, 0 = Intermediate, -100 = Agility. You will want to use a 3 position switch. On the 9303 this means the flight mode switch or the Aux 2 switch. The flight mode switch is the obvious choice, but I will mention how to use the Aux2 switch as well. Channel 5 output +150 = Panic mode. This will be assigned to a 2 position switch that will override all other flight modes when switched to the non-standard position. On the 9303, we would like to use the Trainer switch (the only one that is spring return). However, there is no way to use that switch in the 9303 and the only switch that is easy to use is the Gear switch. This switch is also used for advanced programming and you must return the switch to the normal position yourself when the manual says to release the switch.

With that background, here is the programming for the 9303. First off - the DeviceSEL menu:

If you prefer to not have the flight modes on the FMOD switch, you can use AUX2 instead of FMOD.

You can use any mix PROG.MIX3 through PROG.MIX6 for the flight mode:

This mix will output +100 or 0 or -100 on channel 5 based on the position of the flight mode switch. It will only do this if the Gear switch is in the normal position (Pos0).

You can use any other mix PROG.MIX3 through PROG.MIX6 for the panic mode:

This mix will output +150 to channel 5 if the Gear switch is in the down position (Pos1).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9303 DeviceSEL.jpg
Views:	773
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	659984   Click image for larger version

Name:	9303 FMOD.jpg
Views:	719
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	659985   Click image for larger version

Name:	9303 Panic.jpg
Views:	715
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	659986  
nwjhawk likes this.

Last edited by pH7; 07-01-2016 at 09:05 AM..
pH7 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2017, 11:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello, I am trying to center the servos with my 9503 - but am not able to.

Has anyone tried to do the same with their 9503 and the 230s

cheers
karma4u is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2019, 03:20 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pH7 View Post
In attempting to set up my x9303 with my Blade 230s I ran across this thread. While it did help somewhat, it is a bit incomplete. So, for anyone wanting to set up a radio that isn't included in the manual, here is some more information. My radio is a 9303, but references to it in the following description should apply to a 9503 as well.

In setting up a transmitter to work with the 230s you need to understand how the 3 modes - Stability, Intermediate, and Agility are selected. And you need to know that the Panic mode overrides any of these other modes. All of these modes are controlled by Channel 5 (called Gear) on the 9303. If you are setting up another radio, be aware that channel output varies from +100 to -100 with 0 in the middle in the menus of the 9303, your radio may be different.

Channel 5 values for the 3 flight modes are: +100 = Stability, 0 = Intermediate, -100 = Agility. You will want to use a 3 position switch. On the 9303 this means the flight mode switch or the Aux 2 switch. The flight mode switch is the obvious choice, but I will mention how to use the Aux2 switch as well. Channel 5 output +150 = Panic mode. This will be assigned to a 2 position switch that will override all other flight modes when switched to the non-standard position. On the 9303, we would like to use the Trainer switch (the only one that is spring return). However, there is no way to use that switch in the 9303 and the only switch that is easy to use is the Gear switch. This switch is also used for advanced programming and you must return the switch to the normal position yourself when the manual says to release the switch.

With that background, here is the programming for the 9303. First off - the DeviceSEL menu:

If you prefer to not have the flight modes on the FMOD switch, you can use AUX2 instead of FMOD.

You can use any mix PROG.MIX3 through PROG.MIX6 for the flight mode:

This mix will output +100 or 0 or -100 on channel 5 based on the position of the flight mode switch. It will only do this if the Gear switch is in the normal position (Pos0).

You can use any other mix PROG.MIX3 through PROG.MIX6 for the panic mode:

This mix will output +150 to channel 5 if the Gear switch is in the down position (Pos1).
Hi,
I'm attempting to setup up a 230s with an 11X JR.
Has anyone successfully done this?
The setup above is not working for me.
Appreciate some assistance.
lovo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2019, 09:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovo View Post
Hi,
I'm attempting to setup up a 230s with an 11X JR.
Has anyone successfully done this?
The setup above is not working for me.
Appreciate some assistance.
I would like to know as well
RcManChild is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in