Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 230S

Blade 230S Blade 230S Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2016, 12:05 PM   #101 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by slogoat View Post
If you have a new spektrum tx with a screen, you can check the firmware version without the cable. My new 230 had latest firmware already on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike680 View Post
How do you do that?
That's what I was gonna ask.

Former heli pilot.
KevinPJF is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2016, 12:31 PM   #102 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just found this. I'll have to remember to try it out.

https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...6&postcount=36

You can check the firmware version on a telemetry enabled transmitter by following these steps;

a) scroll to the flight log screen
b) move the throttle to the lowest position and leave the other axis centered
c) press and hold the panic button for 2 seconds

The version # is the [F: 4xx]

Brian Bremer
Horizon Hobby, Inc.
Mike680 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2016, 05:20 AM   #103 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have my 230s back! HH's notes were: reprogrammed receiver, re calibrated and trim flight carried out.

Now flies really well. Swash is still tilts during take off but I had understood that is always the case. Really impressive little machine. Just took it out for a flight and in 10-15mph winds, its pretty solid! Now for buying more batteries and getting good / crashing....
BenAtkinsonUK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2016, 06:44 AM   #104 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenAtkinsonUK View Post
I have my 230s back! HH's notes were: reprogrammed receiver, re calibrated and trim flight carried out.

Now flies really well. Swash is still tilts during take off but I had understood that is always the case. Really impressive little machine. Just took it out for a flight and in 10-15mph winds, its pretty solid! Now for buying more batteries and getting good / crashing....
Ben,

I have only one thing to say.......

Glad you are up and running! It only gets better the more you fly it!

I ordered the "Blade" CF blades and got them mounted yesterday. Very pleased with performance and look, were perfectly balanced. Original 238mm Zeal blades have a smaller cord and didn't feel as responsive as the stock blades. These are closer in cord to the stock and feel a lot better. At least as good as stock in most aspects..... better than stock in other aspects!
Bill_Van is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2016, 08:38 AM   #105 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default considering purchasing the 230s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike680 View Post
Just found this. I'll have to remember to try it out.

https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...6&postcount=36

You can check the firmware version on a telemetry enabled transmitter by following these steps;

a) scroll to the flight log screen
b) move the throttle to the lowest position and leave the other axis centered
c) press and hold the panic button for 2 seconds

The version # is the [F: 4xx]

Brian Bremer
Horizon Hobby, Inc.
Been on the fence on purchasing the 230s. Recently purchased the nano cps and what a problem child it has been getting it to fly well. I have a DX6 gen2. I would purchase from my lhs and have to check for it's firmware version. From what I have read, I should go to my DX6 system settings and enable telemetry, than do the steps to check the firmware version. Is that the correct procedure?
brooksen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2016, 08:37 PM   #106 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Bill,

First, thank you for all your time and wealth of valuable information! I know others have asked this in this thread, but need to ask for my specific 230 situation......(Drifting hard right and back a bit) and in the few flights I've had since the agreeable weather it's seems to have gotten worse. I want to do the Trim Flight, but at the stage it's at now, I have to hold like 75% left aileron just to try and keep it in front of me which is going to make the trim flight a real challenge. Do I / I do not know what version my firmware is at as I fly a DX6i.......Suggestion please. Thanks again so much for your time and support.

Regards,
Jeff, WhiteBearLake MN.
DrumDog is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2016, 08:55 PM   #107 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumDog View Post
Hi Bill,

First, thank you for all your time and wealth of valuable information! I know others have asked this in this thread, but need to ask for my specific 230 situation......(Drifting hard right and back a bit) and in the few flights I've had since the agreeable weather it's seems to have gotten worse. I want to do the Trim Flight, but at the stage it's at now, I have to hold like 75% left aileron just to try and keep it in front of me which is going to make the trim flight a real challenge. Do I / I do not know what version my firmware is at as I fly a DX6i.......Suggestion please. Thanks again so much for your time and support.

Regards,
Jeff, WhiteBearLake MN.
Jeff,

Have you done the firmware update? There is a calibration procedure that can be done after the firmware is updated and this will most likely solve the problems. Let me know and I'll steer you to a solution!
Old 03-21-2016, 09:46 PM   #108 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bill,

Working on that. just ordered the necessary cable from horizon. Will keep you posted. Thank you again!

Regards,
Jeff
Old 03-22-2016, 06:18 AM   #109 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Bill,

Working on that. just ordered the necessary cable from horizon. Will keep you posted. Thank you again!

Regards,
Jeff
Jeff,

I just finished reading your entire post and the comment about not knowing what your firmware was due to the DX6i sunk in my hard head. That should teach me to read the post completely before responding!

Not familiar with the DX6i but I don't believe you can check firmware versions on screen. If you call HH, they might have a method of extracting this info. I'll look around and see if I can find anything on the subject.

In the mean time, how long ago did you purchase your 230S? This migh give us a good guess as to what it shipped with.
Old 03-22-2016, 09:30 AM   #110 (permalink)
Registered Users

Still having occasional inconsistencies with stability mode.

General theme:

Take off with some drift in stability. This drift disappears within a minute.
Then into idle up / intermediate mode for the rest of the flight - fine.
Then back into beginner before landing and the drift is generally back again..particularly noticeable on the switch between intermediate and beginner before disappearing after a short while.

Getting used to its quirks. Anyone else finding that switching modes affects the stability modes, errrr stability!? Ie one minute fine, then after a different flight mode not so much?

Maybe it suits just sticking to one flight mode per flight!??

Still having a lot of fun!
BenAtkinsonUK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2016, 09:57 AM   #111 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenAtkinsonUK View Post
Maybe it suits just sticking to one flight mode per flight!??
Yup. All agility/advanced mode all the time here.
Old 03-22-2016, 08:30 PM   #112 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bill,

I'm thinking around last summer some time. I have ordered the necessary cable from Horizon and am also seriously considering purchasing the new DX6 as it can offer that data up front not to mention the other good new features
Old 03-23-2016, 06:30 AM   #113 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Bill,

I'm thinking around last summer some time. I have ordered the necessary cable from Horizon and am also seriously considering purchasing the new DX6 as it can offer that data up front not to mention the other good new features
Jeff,

The time of purchase sounds like it was the period before the latest firmware release.

You can't go wrong with the DX6-G2. Best radio on the market in it's class. Well worth the price just for the new features and being able to access telemetry data from the FBL unit is invaluable. You sound like you have a great plan to get your 230S and TX up to date. Good Luck and keep us posted if yo need any help! Good Day!
Old 03-30-2016, 07:26 PM   #114 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Bill,

I've completed the firmware upgrade to the latest version. I need your help now with the calibration step as I am flying a DX6i and haven't found directions for the process specific to that Tx. My concern is the 6i only provides 2 modes, (Normal and "stunt") and I think the calibration process wants "intermediate" mode. Also the Fmode switches are configured different on the 6i. Can you point me in the right direction?

Thank You!
Jeff
Old 03-30-2016, 08:01 PM   #115 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Tail bounce

...deleted...

Last edited by Mike680; 03-31-2016 at 10:27 AM.. Reason: posted in wrong place
Old 03-31-2016, 01:31 PM   #116 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hi Bill,

I've completed the firmware upgrade to the latest version. I need your help now with the calibration step as I am flying a DX6i and haven't found directions for the process specific to that Tx. My concern is the 6i only provides 2 modes, (Normal and "stunt") and I think the calibration process wants "intermediate" mode. Also the Fmode switches are configured different on the 6i. Can you point me in the right direction?

Thank You!
Jeff
Jeff,

I'm not familiar with the DX6i/230S settings so can't really help you at this point. Without having a DX6i in hand, I'm reluctant to give advice unless I have actually verified that it is correct.

Start a new thread with this subject in the forum and I'm sure that a member will have what you need to get you set. If you don't get any help, HH should be able to walk you through the setup over the phone.
Old 03-31-2016, 04:22 PM   #117 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bill

I think I may know just who to ask here! Thank you for your support and prompt replies. Will keep you posted

Regards,
Jeff
Old 07-19-2016, 05:37 PM   #118 (permalink)
Registered Users

Has anybody tried flips or rolls with it in Stunt 1.

What is Stunt 1 recommended for?

Im ready to flip and roll but like the head speed of stunt 1
PLANETGETLOW is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2016, 06:39 PM   #119 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLANETGETLOW View Post
Has anybody tried flips or rolls with it in Stunt 1.

What is Stunt 1 recommended for?

Im ready to flip and roll but like the head speed of stunt 1
It will flip and roll fine in Stunt 1. It will just be milder than it already is in Stunt 2. You might want to up your rates a bit. Try them pretty high up at first as you'll find it takes a long time to get the heli all the way around and back up right. You'll need that collective management.
Old 07-19-2016, 08:32 PM   #120 (permalink)
Registered Users

Flips and rolls in IU1 are pretty easy. I used to stay there before I got into using IU2.

EGODRIFT Team, Lynx/Oxy Field Rep
jrman83 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in