Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Electric Motors, Gearing, Speed Controls, Gyros, Receivers, and Other Electronics Discussion > Electric Motors Winding and Repair

Electric Motors Winding and Repair Electric Motors Winding and Repair Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2019, 05:26 PM   #101 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Proto
Youre in Va so not too far away. I will be happy to share and test motors for data collection purposes in time. Quite a bit going on at work right now. In the meantime please share your latest collection if u have made any. It is always welcomed.

Thank you
1B
1BOHO is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2019, 08:06 AM   #102 (permalink)
Registered Users

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190731_090809.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	806293

Lets also test the ferrofluid effect on IO and heat management and derive the gain or not. Im almost sure it will improve the efficiency but testing it verifies the hypothesis.

Last edited by 1BOHO; 07-31-2019 at 08:16 AM..
Old 10-20-2019, 09:24 AM   #103 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype3a View Post
I've been working on a new brushless motor performance model which may be more accurate than my previous one ( which I know was flawed but it was accurate "enough" ) and allow for some interesting prediction capabilities.

As a result, I'm also on the hunt for people with Kontronik motors who have access to nice lab equipment to get some measurements for me.

Additionally, I'm very interested in data from motors of a "family", ie, motors where the only difference is the wind.

Kyocera printer motors are a cheap alternative to a kontronics stator design . Nice iron. Its the only way because I will not pay what they cost just to test them. Neu is what Im working with as I get stacks for an excellent price and some free just for development.

Alternatively you can get the printer motor on ebay for approximately $50.00 USD. If you are looking to the future for a better motor I see no reason to be deeply interested in antiquated slot pole combinations and the associated winds that have been shared. They are antiquated as compared to the movements of technology in the fields.

A 12N10P motor love would prosper more with open slots and double the teeth. The 12N14P is continually running away from the 12N10P in the record books. Just as Christian said it would. If your choice is between those two options choose the pyro. Be mindful that some of the winds are more of a challenge than the simple stator amendments if your at a laser or edm.

Also consider that Lehner is releasing outrunners in the right sizes and they already utilize the benefit of more slots and open teeth with 24 slots and 20 poles

All you need to do is build a thrust stand to check a motor. If you have the rpm an amperage through logging thats just about all you should need to make fair comparisons. Eagle tree could probably handle all your data acquisitions needs for fairly cheap. You're clearly at excel so rendering beautiful charts is pie. You could look a basic stamp and basic stamp plot applet which is another way to set up RTM.

Last edited by 1BOHO; 10-20-2019 at 09:46 AM..
Old 11-07-2019, 02:15 AM   #104 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here is a paper about a space age cog less motor design that might be fairly efficient. I hope someone would enjoy it.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Design_and_Analysis_of_Zero_Cogging_Brus.pdf (905.6 KB, 51 views)
Old 12-18-2019, 11:22 PM   #105 (permalink)
Registered Users

Winding systems and the right topology can govern power too as they play a significant role on efficiency and torque production of the machine. Look at the Kw of asymmetrical semi 12 phase 24N22P SL and DL machines with open ended coils and cascaded bridges .
SL ξ is .991

DL ξ is .983

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	22 pole SL.png
Views:	558
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	831581   Click image for larger version

Name:	22 pole sl harmoic mmf.png
Views:	43
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	831583   Click image for larger version

Name:	Assymetric winding scheme for 24N22P.png
Views:	720
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	831585   Click image for larger version

Name:	24N22P.png
Views:	303
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	831587  

Last edited by 1BOHO; 12-18-2019 at 11:45 PM..
Old 05-18-2020, 01:58 PM   #106 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default For only a few ml

Old 05-18-2020, 02:55 PM   #107 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Ferrofluid application on a Permanenet Magnet Direct Current (PMDC) Motor

Some hobbyist and engineers might find these pdfs interesting.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf fullpaper_2014.pdf (390.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: pdf Numerical_modelling_of_magnetic_shielding_by_a_cyl.pdf (665.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: pdf Heat_Transfer_Enhancement_Using_Ferrofluids.pdf (857.2 KB, 8 views)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in