T-rex 600 measurements? - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Scale Helicopters > Mechanics

Mechanics Mechanics Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2015, 06:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default T-rex 600 measurements?

Hi!

I keep finding fuselages that say they fit the t-rex 600, but the manufacturer, other than FunKey, never seems to list the actual range of measurements. Can some kind person please tell me what the following distances are in mm on a stock t-rex 600 so I can compare them to my Logo 600?

vertical - tailboom bottom to blades
- skid mount point to tailboom bottom
- skid mount point to top of frame

horizontal - main rotor shaft to tail rotor shaft

Thanks!
gfyss is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2015, 11:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

What body are you wanting to put a Logo 600 into? If you plan to install it into an MD500, I can help you with some measurements from mine that installs in a TOW Defender body kit. The low boom angle of the Logo makes it a tough fit in some cases. The Logo is known for having fairly long tail booms compared to the similar size Align but that can be altered with the appropriate belt from Mikado and a change in boom length by buying or shortening the existing boom. Hope this helps.

Don
Keyrigger is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2015, 12:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Are you looking at an ESP version (6S configuration) or the latter PRO version (12S configuration)?

Gh
goodhunting is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2015, 07:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for replying!

I have a Logo 500SE and a 600SE. One is 6s, the other 12s, but the frame is identical for both. The 500 has the shorter boom, but I also have a spare long boom and belt that will fit.

Most fuselages mention the 600E or ESP. I've seen a couple that explicitly say they don't fit the PRO version. The Century AS350 fuselage mentions the 600 Nitro, but it seems to be a re-branded FunKey fuselage.

I have a trex 450 in a Hughes 500 fuselage already. I'm hoping to put the Logo (either one) into a Ecureuil AS350, Bell 222 or Agusta 109, but will settle for one that is a known fit even if it's a Hughes 500 at this point.
Old 09-29-2015, 01:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

The Fun-Key AS350 fuselage kit will certainly fit the Logo 500SE but you would need to get the 500SE boom to fit the 600SE in most 600 size helicopter bodies. There is also the need to switch out the frame inserts to use the 500SE boom in your 600SE. Or, you could cut the 600SE boom down to 690mm and use the 500SE belt. There are a few ways to do this.

I can't guarantee that a perfect fit will result, but can tell you that based on my experience with the 500SE installation in the 500MD TOW Defender body, you should be able to get it working very nicely. I am building a second AH-6E Little Bird using the Fun-Key body and another Logo 500SE (currently my 5003D) but that will be some time. I can help you with exact measurements and instructions for installing the 500SE into the Hughes/MD500 body kit. Take care.

Don
Old 09-29-2015, 02:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

Seeing that the E6 is a belt drive and I don't have the boom diameter in the spreadsheet I just found, elevated drive models will be a lot more difficult to do. I would plan on the ones you have listed and for ease of installation and adjustment, go with the MD500, first, Jet Ranger, second, and AS350, third. Take care.

Don
Old 09-29-2015, 07:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

What's an "elevated drive model"? Do you mean the ones with a 45 degree bend in the tail drive train?

Which fuselage maker did you use for the TOW Defender? FunKey, HeliArtist, Align, other?

Here's the sizing chart I've been using for FunKey:
http://www.centuryheli.com/products/...tml?pageid=762

On the 500SE, I can get the tail boom length within the limits, but I don't know how much "wiggle room" the boom height (bottom of frame to boom) has in relation to the total height to the top. The AS350 shows 159mm as the max boom height, but it doesn't mention a minimum. My boom is at 110mm from the bottom of the frame. Moving it up 49mm would put the top of the fuse just below the swash plate, assuming my measurements are correct. I'm not sure how much of the fuse would need to be cut away, but the rotor head would be well above everything else!

Thoughts?
Old 09-29-2015, 09:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

Having the chassis from my AS350 at hand makes it fairly easy to get the measurements and also having a stock 5003D makes things even easier. The center of my boom was about 137mm off the floor of the model. The chassis height is 170mm, which is 10mm shorter than the Logo. I had spacers in the rear that totalled 1/4" and 5/32" in the front plus the height of the supplied spacer, which is metric and is 14mm high. That puts the approximate height of the original chassis at 21mm plus 170.

Yours at 180mm might not need the spacer but you could add a couple of extra layers of plywood to make it sit at the same height. However, mine was pushed down because of the specific servo linkage width of the Pro and I made up the needed height of the head with a longer shaft from the 600ESP. I compared the two side by side and my feeling is that you will have no problem installing it into the AS350 body kit. You may find that it is easier to make a wider plywood plate and mount that to the bottom of the chassis and pick the spots you want to anchor it to the floor and make this plywood plate match it. I have done that with a few builds now and it makes for a much simpler anchoring than most methods I have seen.

As you are aware, the chassis of the Logo is not the usual configuration in that the boom is not parallel to the ground when it sits on its skids. You will find that the rear spacer might work out to be shorter than the front. In my TOW Defender, there was a 1mm difference between front and back mounting posts. In the AS350 with the Align chassis, there was a slightly higher back than front, normal for a chassis that has the boom parallel to the ground. In your case, I would pick the front two points and the back boom mount as the spots to set the chassis into the body. Then, measure or go by trial and error to get the back shimming on the money.

By the way, the boom on the AS350 is huge compared to something like the MD500 so you will have lots of room to maneuver the Logo right into the spot you want. The head should end up in the correct scale position using a fairly small amount of chassis shimming. I feel very confident that you will not have a difficulties installing it and help is a post away. Take care.

Don
Old 09-29-2015, 10:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the info! I believe I've identified my project for the winter, at least the first part. Now I just need to decide on which color scheme, accessories, etc. It's almost cool enough to work in the garage again!

Have a good one!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.