Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > EZNOV

EZNOV EZNOV Support Forum

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2015, 04:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Thumbs down Regret buying the Neuron

I bought the Neuron to test and for the rescue, added bonus was planks support as well. BUT now have great regret in buying this as the support is absolutely non existing, trouble with rescue, minimum documentation etc etc.

Sry but this is a warning to others to steer well clear.
acidkindred likes this.
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Vinger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2015, 04:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you were in UK i would willingly buy it from you and Take it off your hands

Steve
lleksam is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2015, 04:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Same here steve my neuron works as described i love it
Definition: 3D as applied to current rc helicopter flying is any maneuver that to be performed requires the constant harmonized input of three or more controls simultaneously while the maneuver is taking place.
satchy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2015, 05:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I love my two neurons - setup software almost self-explaining - in particular when having used Brain/Ikon before. Don't understand why people are missing a manual ... what else than the graphics and the instructions from the software could be written there? I tried quite a few FBL systems before. The Neuron feels best - not just because it is the hype about trying new gadgets. Rescue works as it is supposed to.
Old 10-04-2015, 05:57 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

The only unresolved issues I've seen are the rescue not being perfectly level and some PC connection problems.

The PC problems are the same with any of the good FBL controllers, due to so many different configurations and HW, you often see this, so I wouldn't say the Neuron is any worse than the others.

The level rescue hasn't been solved yet, but for most people it is working to get the Heli very close so is good enough, for the others vibration has been pointed at as a possible cause, but hard to nail down. I think this will be something that will be solved or at least improved given a little time. It's worth remembering the unit and firmware are only a few months old.

//Dennis.
Thunder Fighter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2015, 07:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah i am kinda feeling the same. Got one here in the uk if anyone intersted
compass 7hv ult spirit pro, compass 7hv ult spirit pro, trex 550 spirit, gaui x3 spirit, mcpx bl, fms p51, mustang peter lynn twister 5.6, neXt sim, heli x sim, accurc sim, dx9 tm1000, powerlab 6x2, coolice 2500watt psu,
Djhandz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2015, 12:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djhandz View Post
Yeah i am kinda feeling the same. Got one here in the uk if anyone intersted
PM sent,

Im coming back to hellis after a 18 yr gap and things have changed so much for me, I have a few K-Bar's have to start some where,

I have a pair of Chase 360s one of them is going to get a neuron and I hope a goblin 380 3 blade head, other has a K-Bar

Steve
lleksam is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2015, 05:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm sorry people are having problems but my experience has been exactly the opposite. I maidened mine today on a trex 550 and everything including rescue worked flawlessly. Every question I had was answered in this forum. I encourage people to try the Neuron and I will likely be selling off my other brand units to buy more Neurons.

Last edited by fozz; 10-04-2015 at 05:20 PM.. Reason: Typo
fozz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2015, 05:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have one on my Mostro, and I absolutely love it. I will likely upgrade my X5 to a Neuron, when I save up enough money.
Oxy 2, Gaui X3 #1, Protos 380, Gaui X5, Synergy 766, Specter 700
Oxy 2/X3/Protos 380/X5/766/Specter 700 Consecutive Successful Flights (Current) = 32/16/12/145/7/50
Consecutive Successful Flights (Max) = 145
macdad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2015, 11:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I own two now, one on my Goblin 380 and the other on the Goblin 630. Both are flawless and perform above my expectations. The software explains every function very well and rescue works great. I would buy again in a heartbeat, just need another helicopter first.
Loadthis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2015, 01:44 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

The explanations in the software is very vague, for instance what does the endpoints of AUX3 do to rescue? Not explained anywhere, no answer in this forum from the owner, NOTHING and then complete silence on why rescue is not level, tested it one multiple units, vibrations ruled etc etc.

Limited explanations in software does not represent true documentation for complex settings. Yes the unit flys really well, but if you want rescue there are better units out there that rescue level every time and has more rescue settings that are explained really well.

Mine going on a plank to test it there.
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Vinger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2015, 05:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well at the moment I regret buying it as well, because I can't use it. It won't work with my Flysky i10 equipment, or at least I can't get it to work, having spent hours trying ! If anyone has any suggestions I'd really appreciate hearing them.The Flysky rx has ppm output, but the channels are all over the place.I'll probably try to sell it to part fund another Spirit.
grasshopper2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2015, 06:16 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by grasshopper2 View Post
Well at the moment I regret buying it as well, because I can't use it. It won't work with my Flysky i10 equipment, or at least I can't get it to work, having spent hours trying ! If anyone has any suggestions I'd really appreciate hearing them.The Flysky rx has ppm output, but the channels are all over the place.I'll probably try to sell it to part fund another Spirit.
It's not pretty but you could use an external ppm converter, then you can physically map the channels how you need them.
Old 10-06-2015, 06:32 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for that suggestion, doesn't matter about pretty I just want it to work, I am completely ignorant about ppm convertors, will have to do some searching!
Old 10-07-2015, 03:07 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I havent used those ppm converters myself so no guarantee it will work. I would hope that by rearranging the connectors you can influence the ppm mapping but I don't know for sure
Old 10-07-2015, 11:23 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I've ordered a couple from HKing international warehouse, so should know how well they work in a few weeks!
Old 10-07-2015, 11:48 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

I do think it is a bit of a tough sell now that the Ikon unit is the same price. The setup is fairly easy for me, though I'm not 100% finished, I seem to have some binding issues at extreme swash angles that I need to workout. For me the regret comes from the actual hardware. Honestly my $14 CC3D feels like a higher quality product. The wires to the USB "adapter" look like a complete hack job. The USB adapter itself is very rough looking, my $4 bluetooth adapter is much better.

Overall the hardware screams test samples.

I think all these things would be forgivable at $75 price point, but not at the $150 price point.
yakky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2015, 01:30 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oh yeah, now we want FBL units with Rescue and Governor for $75
Old 10-07-2015, 01:57 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco66 View Post
Oh yeah, now we want FBL units with Rescue and Governor for $75
I'll take that as you think the build quality is superb.
yakky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2015, 02:17 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakky View Post
I'll take that as you think the build quality is superb.
No, I take it as few months ago you probably needed $400 for Rescue.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in