Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 230S

Blade 230S Blade 230S Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2015, 02:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Can't enter Servo mode - DX6 Mode1

Hi guys. I just got hold of a 230S and have run a few packs through it. I'm very impressed with this helicopter, it flies like a bigger, more powerful and more stable 130x, which has been my favourite Blade flyer for a long time.

I thought I'd check whether the servos were properly centered but absolutely can't get it into servo mode:

1 - power on Tx
2 - attach battery to 230, wait til it's initialised
3 - left stick bottom left, right stick bottom right, holding bind button for up to 60 seconds.
4 - nada. never goes into servo mode

I thought being a mode 1 I might have to try left stick bottom right, right stick bottom left, but that doesn't work either. In fact no stick combo will put it into any mode.

I'm using high rates, all servo travels at 100%.

So am I overlooking something silly here? Do I need to be in stability/inter/agility for this to work? Or normal/IU1/IU2? Throttle hold on/off etc etc

Any input appreciated, thanks!
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2015, 06:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is your bind button working as a panic button as well for you? I believe that on a 6 channel radio you won't have a working panic button. So your 230 is not seeing that you are pressing the bind button.

I'm not sure which dx6 you have, but the older ones for sure don't have a way to map a channel to the bind/trainer button.
Old 10-09-2015, 07:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

On a Mode 2 transmitter, putting the sticks in opposite corners does this: full left rudder, minimum throttle, full up elevator, full right aileron. Ironically, the same physical stick movement will create the same effect in Mode 1. (Mode 1 swaps the vertical stick functions - elevator moves to the left stick and throttle moves to the right stick. The horizontal controls are the same.)

On a 6-channel radio you need to set up a mix that will change the value of channel 5 (Gear channel, the one with the flight mode selection) to indicate panic mode. On 7+ channel radios, you can assign Aux2 (channel 7) to the button for a dedicated panic function. As suggested above, you should check the panic feature to make sure that's working.

Finally, I'll add that I've seen on other models that you need to be in high rates for these special stick movement combinations to work. You're trying that - that's good.
flightengr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2015, 07:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Duplicate post
Old 10-09-2015, 08:06 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks so much for the quick replies guys, much appreciated. It's a 2014 DX6, which is indeed 6 channel.

I hadn't actually tried the panic button.

On my Tx the flight mode switch is the F, and I mapped channel 5 to B so that I could switch between stability/inter/agility independent of the flight mode. I didn't realise that panic was on channel 5 also, so maybe I've bolloxed things up by trying to be clever.
Old 10-09-2015, 08:21 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think the panic button is actually on channel 7. Flight modes are on channel 5. I have the same issue of not being able to get into the programming modes. My 230 lurches forward in Normal mode but is stable in the other modes. I'm going to call HH and see what they have to say. I wonder if you can use a programming cable and manually level the gyros or whatever is required,.

The instructions claim that every one is preflown at the factory. Haha, sure.
Old 10-09-2015, 08:46 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Steve,

This thread has my verified spm. If will give you everything you need for the DX6-G2 radio.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=713431

If you need more help let us know!
Bill_Van is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2015, 11:42 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eject.Steve View Post
I think the panic button is actually on channel 7. Flight modes are on channel 5.
Like I mentioned above, the panic function can also be configured on channel 5 if you don't have a 7+ channel TX. Panic is a "secret" 4th flight mode. The settings for the mix are described in the manual in the DX6 setup section.

If you have a channel 7, it's a lot easier to assign the button to the Aux2 channel and then it just works.

The mix is a little more complicated to set up, but it also works. Blade wouldn't take away the panic function just because you don't have a 7 channel radio.
flightengr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2015, 11:53 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

You are right. I figured it out from looking at the dx6i instructions and managed to get it working my Taranis on channel 5. Nice how HH left an option for us folks stuck with 6 channels.
Old 10-09-2015, 06:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by flightengr View Post
Like I mentioned above, the panic function can also be configured on channel 5 if you don't have a 7+ channel TX. Panic is a "secret" 4th flight mode. The settings for the mix are described in the manual in the DX6 setup section.

If you have a channel 7, it's a lot easier to assign the button to the Aux2 channel and then it just works.

The mix is a little more complicated to set up, but it also works. Blade wouldn't take away the panic function just because you don't have a 7 channel radio.
Give the man a gold star! Thanks so much flightengr, actually paying close attention to the manual and dialing in the mixing gave me a functional panic button and access to the servo and other functions. Turns out the servos were dead level anyway.

Cheers mate

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in