Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450X

Blade 450X Blade 450X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2015, 10:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Will any 325mm blades work in the Blade 450x?

After precisely one minute of flying my new heli I sort of panicked and hit the ground with the Blades. Anyway after giving it a good inspection, everything seems fine except for the blades, which came apart a little bit. Now if this were a much smaller heli a little glue would put the blades back together, but I'm not even gonna attempt that with this best. Anyway what I want to know is will any 325mm rc heli blades work with it, or do I need to get the ones made for this heli (which will run me around $40)? Also one question I have about my first flight. When I gave it throttle it spins a little bit on the ground, however in the air it does not do that. I'm assuming this isn't normal? What Settings to fix that?
Enraged is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2015, 10:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enraged View Post
Anyway what I want to know is will any 325mm rc heli blades work with it...
Any 325mm blades designed for flybarless use should work fine. You definitely don't need to use OEM blades.

My favorites are the Align 325mm carbon blades available in blue or black for less than $20 a set. Very nice quality, look great, and usually well balanced right out of the box.

Regarding yawing while on the ground, have you tried spooling up the blades more gradually?

Best regards,

John

Last edited by Gyropilot; 10-11-2015 at 09:20 PM..
Gyropilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2015, 09:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
HF Support

I guess one thing I'll add about different blades is that the root thickness can vary from brand to brand, but I've yet to find a set that wouldn't work on the 450X. I believe the stock blades on the 450X use shims to take up the gap and some others may or may not require the shims. So anyways, just keep that in mind.

The yawing on the ground happens when the torque of the main rotor is higher than the counteracting thrust being supplied by the tail rotor. Like John said, it can happen if the heli spools up too quickly, but it's definitely not a huge problem as long as you're ready for it. One you get a feel for it, you can definitely spool up softly enough that this doesn't happen.
Nelsonisms is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2015, 01:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
everything seems fine except for the blades,
Are you sure?... I have never damaged blades on a stock 450x without tweaking the feathering shaft.
James Recard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2015, 12:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-rash View Post
Are you sure?... I have never damaged blades on a stock 450x without tweaking the feathering shaft.
+1

Feathering shaft ALWAYS gets bent. ALWAYS
Old 10-15-2015, 06:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Also one question I have about my first flight. When I gave it throttle it spins a little bit on the ground, however in the air it does not do that. I'm assuming this isn't normal? What Settings to fix that?
Spinning on spoolup can happen if the tail blades are at an extreme left or right position at startup.. I usually make sure that the tail blades are at or near neutral position before spooling up.
Ben M is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2015, 06:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braydubya View Post
+1

+1
Went through it recently, twice. Took the feathering shaft out and couldn't tell it was bent, put a new one in and it corrected my issues. All I did was sit it down hard.
BAMABOY is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2015, 10:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Search for RJXHobby blades (have not tried them yet).

Rc-hobbystar, the German KDS seller has them in shop.
There are cheap 15eur ones and the premium in different colors for 22euros

On my 3d I used Align 325d 3g Pro (flybar heli). Flew fine.
According to Monstertronic who sell them customers use them either for flybar or flybarless helis?!?

Some threads tell that suffix “3G“ means originally FBL?
Weird...every dealer and distributor tells his own FBL vs flybar blades story :-).

You will find Align 325e and 325f blades, as suggested above, too.

Thomas
Thomas.Heiss is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2015, 10:59 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I use RJX blades on mine. They work great. I'll probably try out a pair of Zeal blades if I ever crash the RJXs.
RoboHeli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2015, 12:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMABOY View Post
+1
Went through it recently, twice. Took the feathering shaft out and couldn't tell it was bent, put a new one in and it corrected my issues. All I did was sit it down hard.
An easy way to tell if your feathering shaft is bent is to remove one blade and then turn the screw holding the blade holder to the shaft. If the shaft is bent you'll see the other blade holder move in a circle.
numbermonkey is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2015, 05:41 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for posting about the main rotor blades. Being a newb I did not know you could use other blades and I bought 3 sets from horizon hobby for about a hundred bucks when I had my first crash. Ouch! I still have two spare sets. At least now I know after crashes to come,I can save some cash with other blades.
Old 11-06-2015, 06:26 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-rash View Post
+1

The 450X feathering shaft is made of cheese. I've had hard auto landings that bend the feathering shaft while the rest of the heli is unscathed.
Old 11-06-2015, 06:46 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I agree. I have had a couple blade touches with the ground while learning to fly. Nothing but just a slight brush and each time it bent the feathering shaft.
Old 11-07-2015, 11:30 PM   #14 (permalink)

Another vote for the $20/set black Align 3G blades. They need shims, but the stock ones work perfectly.
SamCSx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2015, 06:13 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I haven't found the feathering shaft to be any weaker than any other comparable heli out there. Yes if you whack your blades on something you can expect to replace it. I also run $10 blades from ebay and there's not difference between them and the stock blades in terms of performance.
Old 11-17-2015, 08:15 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltreato View Post
I haven't found the feathering shaft to be any weaker than any other comparable heli out there. Yes if you whack your blades on something you can expect to replace it.
Gaui's X3 is a comparable model and you have to auger it in HARD to tweak the feathering shaft. I put mine in head first in a pretty heavy crash and the feathering shaft was still dead straight!

There are a few other 325-360mm machines that use a larger diameter feathering shaft than the 450X. I love mine, don't get me wrong, but it does have some rather weak areas. Just sayin'.

As far as the OP, you can't go wrong with the Align blems. They're cheap and they fly great!
Old 11-18-2015, 11:56 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

I guess I haven't augered in my 450x. I have flown it into a goalpost, had a stock servo strip on an inverted punch out, and had a few "forced landings", but nothing too crazy. I agree though, I expect the X3's feathering shaft would be far more durable that the 450x's, it seems to be quite exceptional in this regard.

All the best!
Old 11-25-2015, 08:06 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braydubya View Post
+1

I agree.

* G700c BRAIN2 * T-rex 500 *308DUO *450x #429
Relisys190 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in