Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Nano CPS

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2015, 11:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Nano CPS Goes Brushless! Yup Brush-less!

So I finally got around to tearing into my Nano CPS and I decided to go brushless. Not just for me but for all of you out there that were hoping it would be brushless. It's late here already so I don't have much time to write all the details but I will say it was a bit challenging to figure out the right settings on the TX and ESC. Here are some pictures, enjoy. I'll be happy to answer questions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03234.jpg
Views:	2531
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	619432   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03236.jpg
Views:	2210
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	619433   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03239.jpg
Views:	3566
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	619434   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03241.jpg
Views:	2113
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	619435   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03242.jpg
Views:	2076
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	619436  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03245.jpg
Views:	3019
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	619437  
megasmicros is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2015, 11:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

super!!!
delfin2003 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2015, 11:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

video plz!
delfin2003 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2015, 11:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
HF Support

Looks great. If you have the time later I would be interested in more of the details and some opinions about how it flies.
Nelsonisms is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2015, 12:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Subbed, I have as most (It seems) issues to get my CPS to work properly. So I need to fix that first. But hopefully that will be resolved soon and then I will jump on this asap
DX8 & DX9 | Rakon 200 SR X | Nano CP S | Nano FPV QX | Rakon NQX (MMW CL-0615-14 Motors) | ImmersionRC Vortex | Lynx Oxy3 (Building) | Bixler 2 Long Range FPV Project | HK Rarebear War Bird Speedster Project (Goal: 150-180mph) | Misc. HK foamies
The_Norwegian is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2015, 04:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by megasmicros View Post
So I finally got around to tearing into my Nano CPS and I decided to go brushless. Not just for me but for all of you out there that were hoping it would be brushless. It's late here already so I don't have much time to write all the details but I will say it was a bit challenging to figure out the right settings on the TX and ESC. Here are some pictures, enjoy. I'll be happy to answer questions.
Nice work!!

Thanks for showing us where to get the PWM signal from.

Is it the same (negative I think) signal, just like the CPX board?

Also are they your own design of servo spacers, or Pjaq ones?

Thanks!!

MB
Old 11-15-2015, 05:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

The signal can be taken from there or later on in the string. The signal itself is a bit different from the nCPX in the terms of the PW. The current revision of BL Heli will pick up the signal from 1ms to 2.02ms. The signal from the ncps will come into that range from about 40%-85% throttle. So I had to make some adjustments to the transmitter to make it work. If you use it on a flat throttle curve then this doesn't even matter just keep it between 40-85. The signal is positive where I picked it up, but will be negative later in the circuit. I used my design of spacers from the cpx and they fit just fine. They do push the board a bit forward but it has no effect on it. I'm not a 3D flyer myself so I can't really say how it will perform under those conditions but for what I do it's performing great.
Old 11-16-2015, 05:57 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
The signal can be taken from there or later on in the string. The signal itself is a bit different from the nCPX in the terms of the PW. The current revision of BL Heli will pick up the signal from 1ms to 2.02ms. The signal from the ncps will come into that range from about 40%-85% throttle. So I had to make some adjustments to the transmitter to make it work. If you use it on a flat throttle curve then this doesn't even matter just keep it between 40-85. The signal is positive where I picked it up, but will be negative later in the circuit. I used my design of spacers from the cpx and they fit just fine. They do push the board a bit forward but it has no effect on it. I'm not a 3D flyer myself so I can't really say how it will perform under those conditions but for what I do it's performing great.
Thanks for the update That's interesting about the PW needing a different set up with the Tx throttle.

Do you sell those servo spacers from the CPX /CPS? I had a look for them on your site, but I didn't see them.

MB
Old 11-16-2015, 08:21 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes I do. I'll have to check that I do show them in stock.
Old 11-16-2015, 10:15 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up Awesome!

Is it necessary to mod the frame? Is it easy to install? Are you offering a kit? Or can I send it to you for installation?

Quote:
heli227 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2015, 10:23 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

It is necessary to modify the frame for this type of motor. I can certainly make a kit or install it, your choice. It isn't difficult to install if your good with soldering iron.
Old 11-17-2015, 12:28 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bird is fixed, so I am ready to order
Any ETA when you think a upgrade-kit can be available?

Pre-orders?
DX8 & DX9 | Rakon 200 SR X | Nano CP S | Nano FPV QX | Rakon NQX (MMW CL-0615-14 Motors) | ImmersionRC Vortex | Lynx Oxy3 (Building) | Bixler 2 Long Range FPV Project | HK Rarebear War Bird Speedster Project (Goal: 150-180mph) | Misc. HK foamies
Old 11-17-2015, 10:56 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Yes I do. I'll have to check that I do show them in stock.
Thanks, I see them on your site now. Sadly my CPS has been returned as it was faulty out the box. Mine did all sorts of weird and not so wonderful things, even just sitting on the bench I'm waiting on a replacement from HH UK. I'll hold off till I get a replacement CPS.

Will you be producing another run of these spacers in the near future?

I see you only have 4 sets left at the moment.

MB
Old 11-18-2015, 03:14 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Does it matter if the signal is positive or negative? Where is the negative? Where is tail signal?
jebie79 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2015, 05:45 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes I will be making more when needed. I dont have the kits ready to post on the website but I certainly do have all the parts so if you send me an email I can get you set up.
Old 11-18-2015, 06:48 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Yes I will be making more when needed. I dont have the kits ready to post on the website but I certainly do have all the parts so if you send me an email I can get you set up.
O.K. cool, thanks. I'll hold off for now and see if the replacement I get actually flys right, if it's o.k. I'll drop you an e-mail. Since we have to cut out the entire front vertical support to get the Oversky motor in there, I'd need a set of your spacers to add some strength to the frame.

MB
Old 11-21-2015, 04:17 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
PM sent
Old 11-21-2015, 08:48 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Awesome! I'm re thinking my second thoughts about wanting the new Nano!
Heli's that I currently fly: Lynx Oxy3+ {Build In Progress!}, JR Forza 450 {hangar queen}, Blade 180CFX, Blade mCPX BL {work horse}, Blade NanoCPX - Blade Nano QX, Blade NanoQX3D - Phoenix 5.5 - Spektrum DX6 - - HeliFreak is great! -
Canadian_Jesus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2016, 09:06 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
How is this thing holding up? Any problems with the board?
jebie79 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2016, 11:53 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Cps

Everyone that flys needs a nano cps such an all some heli when it's set up right , from reg flying to 3d flying I've never had a heli I can 3d fly in the house this thing is nuts and fast for such a lil heli. How much do your kits run I wanna go brushless
Jsilva67 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
brushless, nano cps, nano cpx

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in