Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Spirit FBL system

Spirit FBL system Spirit FBL System Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2015, 08:26 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

For the people that don't see a need for it, I believe they're concerned about adding complexity for what they see as no benefit:

- Adding this feature costs something initially, The dev team has limited time to develop and QA the firmware and settings software. If this feature gets done, something else doesn't. Maybe that something else is some configurability in the governor bailout or something completely new and unexpected like acro delay. I'm not saying the new feature doesn't get done, it just may get done later.

- Adding this feature costs a small bit of effort for every release. It increases complexity of the Spirit firmware and setting software. It requires a bit more dev and QA time every release just because it exists. It may have its own bugs, it may cause subtle bugs with other features, or it's just one more part of the code for developers to have to understand to work on the product.

Of course, this is all guess work about other people's motivations on an Internet forum so I should probably just shut up

I do have quite a bit of experience with making these sorts of trade offs on software projects, so I see it from that point of view. I'm not advocating for one side or the other. Just pointing out what I saw implied but not stated from the "no" camp.
kirby_ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2015, 08:58 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krea View Post
I have to agree with others that I don't see the point of changing the current behavior. Rescue should be a very short violent event that keeps a heli from impact and stops controlling the heli as soon as possible. If you start configuring all these extra settings for rescue you introduce more chances for error.

If the flip is too fast then the heli itself can be flipped too fast and the cyclic ring should be reduced.

Also, Once you get to an acro rescue you don't need any of those extra settings.

I understand the desired result, however I don't think an extra setting in rescue is the correct solution.
+1

Also all extra code adds the risk of breaking code elsewhere.
Testing more and more code becomes a burden.
Be critical on what you put in. Eventually the best for all.

Phoenix R/C v5
helidude71 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2015, 09:17 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

I believe that these technical questions concern the developper, who has said that if a large number of pilots asks for this adjustement , then he can incorporate it in the next firmware 1.4....

So wait and see if a large number of pilot asks for it....this is the aim of this petition.
Old 11-19-2015, 09:26 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

For us it is no problem to add the feature.
With high probability it will be included in the upcoming version 1.4. or there will be different solution for mentioned problems.
Old 11-19-2015, 12:56 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco66 View Post
Does a Petition normally includes the people who DO NOT want that to happen?

That one is called a Referendum, and:
(a) it is something different
(b) does not apply here, since there is no reason why someone should try to avoid that we all have additional tuning capability on the unit.

If you don't want to use the new feature, don't use it, but let it happen, for the ones who want to use it.

Please, be logical.

And apply Mutual Respect.
Wow..... you're just the guy I need to talk to..... I've always had confusion with 1) our electoral college, 2) gravity, and 3) women.....
Airscrew is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2015, 01:09 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirby_ View Post
For the people that don't see a need for it, I believe they're concerned about adding complexity for what they see as no benefit:
Your post very well describes my reservations. Spirit have a limited development resource and I'm not sure this is the best place for it to be focussed.
If the Spirit team spent all their efforts implementing every random whim then long term development plans would go nowhere. But of course if you ask a forum "hey, who wants a new dial to play with in the software" most will say 'yes please' regardless of if they would use it or not.

But if it's in the plan then fine, maybe it's trivial task to implement, I don't know? I've no problem with it being added if the majority feel the need. I might even try tweaking it myself if i got bored.
Old 11-19-2015, 03:15 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy_Old_Man View Post
Your post very well describes my reservations. Spirit have a limited development resource and I'm not sure this is the best place for it to be focussed.
If the Spirit team spent all their efforts implementing every random whim then long term development plans would go nowhere. But of course if you ask a forum "hey, who wants a new dial to play with in the software" most will say 'yes please' regardless of if they would use it or not.

But if it's in the plan then fine, maybe it's trivial task to implement, I don't know? I've no problem with it being added if the majority feel the need. I might even try tweaking it myself if i got bored.
Uh... Is that a yes then since Tomas said it's not an issue to add the feature? Lol.
kronium is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2015, 03:45 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronium View Post
Uh... Is that a yes then since Tomas said it's not an issue to add the feature? Lol.
Yeah, sounds like it's already on his 'list of things to do' so i guess the whole thread was pointless now you come to mention it
Old 11-19-2015, 04:14 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy_Old_Man View Post
Yeah, sounds like it's already on his 'list of things to do' so i guess the whole thread was pointless now you come to mention it
Nah, it helped, he was on the fence before this thread and said if there's support, he'd do it. Great developer.
kronium is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in