Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 270CFX

270CFX Blade 270CFX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2015, 11:17 AM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Can't speak for Gambino but that's what I'm here for

Gambino is helping me though...haha so see how the knowledge gets passed on quick! Gotta dig the Helifreak community!
https://www.youtube.com/c/RCBound#699RCHN
RCBound is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2015, 11:36 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yea buddy! U will love it. I do it is a beast for sure. Did u pick a few lipos up?
Old 11-27-2015, 12:47 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yup, got lipos as well as charging/balance board from Progressive RC , I think I'm good to go.
ks9818 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2015, 02:16 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Castle link? That will come in handy if u want to change headspeed and such....
Old 11-27-2015, 06:43 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just spoke with HH. Got a replacement canopy on the way(the alternate color scheme).

We also discussed the slop I have. Let me start by saying the tech I spoke with has only been working for HH for 6months and I didn't ask about it overall heli experience/knowledge. He watched my GOT SLOP video.

He grabbed bunch of helis and the heads all have a bit of rotational slop, maybe 5degrees. Even the 270 he had near him. So I'm giving up worrying about the slop really...just bugs me haha...

The slop in my swash bearing didn't seem to bother him.
Old 11-27-2015, 07:03 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBound View Post
Just spoke with HH. Got a replacement canopy on the way(the alternate color scheme).

We also discussed the slop I have. Let me start by saying the tech I spoke with has only been working for HH for 6months and I didn't ask about it overall heli experience/knowledge. He watched my GOT SLOP video.

He grabbed bunch of helis and the heads all have a bit of rotational slop, maybe 5degrees. Even the 270 he had near him. So I'm giving up worrying about the slop really...just bugs me haha...

The slop in my swash bearing didn't seem to bother him.
I called this afternoon too and was told they all have it! Don't know if that means that the design called for "play" or if they are all out of spec!

Have not flown mine yet since it's still raining but I will...... eventually! Let's see if the "slop" gets worse then we'll know if it is in or out of spec.
Bill_Van is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2015, 07:32 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Van View Post
I called this afternoon too and was told they all have it! Don't know if that means that the design called for "play" or if they are all out of spec!

Have not flown mine yet since it's still raining but I will...... eventually! Let's see if the "slop" gets worse then we'll know if it is in or out of spec.
The guy was reassuring me a lot of helis have a light play simply for the tolerances they are designed to have. So assuming this guy knows his product, it is to spec.

What he says is it really matters how it flies. Which is great for a lot of people.
Old 11-28-2015, 05:39 AM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBound View Post
The guy was reassuring me a lot of helis have a light play simply for the tolerances they are designed to have. So assuming this guy knows his product, it is to spec.

What he says is it really matters how it flies. Which is great for a lot of people.
Just got mine a couple of days ago and after spending a bit of time to go through the setup and check everything out I got it in the air for a couple of packs today. I must say, aside from the "normal" ~5 degrees of rotation on the head (with the shaft held still) I do not have some of the other slop some have seen (i.e. tail pitch control arm, etc.) and this one flies more smoothly than any of the other helis I have which include the 180CFX, the 130X (shelved it as I got tired of the maintenance overload on that one) and a clone Align 450. Collective response is very smooth whereas my others are all a bit "twitchy" in that respect. I almost thought my TX may be developing a bad spot on the potentiometer - until I flew this one.

Highspeed
Highspeed1964 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2015, 11:11 AM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm going to post a video showing close up the play in my tail. I only showed a shot from above and wiggled the guide up and down. If I show the guide and the slider from the back you can really see how much slop there is.

Workin til 6
Old 11-28-2015, 02:17 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Called HH again today for a second opinion on my tail slop.
I got informed this tech that I was speaking with a tech yesterday who admittedly has only been work at HH for 6months and said nothing about his heli experience.

This tech chuckled a little bit and said he has a few 180s and a 360 and had a 300. He admitted that heli is not natural to him and he isn't the best pilot but he knows the CFX line very well. He loves the challenge of flying 3D though so that's why he sticks with it!

So he also checked out my YouTube video and just said WOW when he got to the tail. Never has he dealt with that much tail slop and heavily suggest not to fly it until the FREE replacement guide and slide arrive. Yes, that means HH is taking care of me which is such a relief.

Again! I've found the HH tech to be great at support but always always get a second opinion from another tech if you're doubtful the one you spoke with was a truly knowledgeable enough. Yesterday the answer was, no your tail is fine...today it's, don't even fly it.

The tech was holding a 270 in his hands and said the tail was pretty darn tight. He also can't wait to fly it. We has a long good chat about flying and the way the 360 feels during flight. He's got the battery charged for the 270 and is only awaiting a moment to go fly it. Eventually he said he had to let me go cause too many people were on hold

SO...new canopy and tail slider and guide on the way! I'm a happy flying the 230 for 4 days while I wait.

OFF TOPIC:
The tech told me a "funny" story about going out for a 300cfx flight. Right as he's about to spool up to IU1...a mountain lion comes from the right about 30 ft away from him and the heli. Though, as soon as he spooled up to IU1 the lion bolted like lightening and leaped up a 12ft embankment!
Old 11-28-2015, 02:45 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Im going to have to sell one of my heli's to get this new bird. I have a brand new 450x never flown with a new 35a castle esc in it. It'll be going on ebay tomorrow
Ghost_ll is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2015, 03:15 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Rcbound did u check and make sure the brass nut on the wheel of pitch slider was tight? I tightened mine up some as i had a lot of side to side play. U dont want it to tight to where the bearing binds.....also make sure this bolt is tight to!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-11-26 18.04.27.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	621933  
Old 11-28-2015, 03:18 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Even getting a new one u are going to have a little slop as long as ot flies ok your good man u are worrying to much!!! Just check out what i told u especially the pitch slider wheel on tail shaft. Just do not tighten that brass nut to much or u will get a clicking sound (balls in bearing binding) i tightened my tail up considerably tho
Old 11-29-2015, 11:47 AM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by $Gambino$ View Post
Even getting a new one u are going to have a little slop as long as ot flies ok your good man u are worrying to much!!! Just check out what i told u especially the pitch slider wheel on tail shaft. Just do not tighten that brass nut to much or u will get a clicking sound (balls in bearing binding) i tightened my tail up considerably tho
RCBound has to much time on his hands haha needs to move to Cali More flying great weather.
vronny is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2015, 11:51 AM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by vronny View Post
RCBound has to much time on his hands haha needs to move to Cali
You have one thing right...I need to move away from a wHite winter area.
Old 11-29-2015, 11:55 AM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
RCBound has to much time on his hands haha needs to move to Cali More flying great weather.
I agree with that! However the rain we are supposed to get in Cali will reduce our flying days this winter I think.
ks9818 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2015, 12:21 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

For anyone that wants to run a higher hs. Im running 4100 u have to change calculate battery voltage to 24.00 . It is an animal at 4100 rpm. Also changed headspeed change rate to 10 and motor timing to 7. Motor comes down the same before changes. "Ambient" lipos are good also. Performance? Yes!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20151129_131614.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	622085  
Old 11-29-2015, 04:45 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks9818 View Post
I agree with that! However the rain we are supposed to get in Cali will reduce our flying days this winter I think.
The weather man last weekend said it was going to be raining on thanksgiving day. I will believe it when I see it. Remember when the year 2000 came it was suppose be the end of world hahaha
vronny is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2015, 04:54 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
The weather man last weekend said it was going to be raining on thanksgiving day. I will believe it when I see it. Remember when the year 2000 came it was suppose be the end of world hahaha
I'd fly in light rain anyways. Couple precautions to take is all.
Old 12-08-2015, 12:13 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just want to pop in and give an update.

No further issues with the 270.

I've been busy with car troubles and then new used car troubles still haven't been resolved.

Also in my final week of classes and have a ton of stuff to wrap up and finalize. I'll be out with more footage and review part 2 in 2 week MAX!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in